Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 01-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #61
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
So I was on crack when I mentioned I shouldn't have read that review.
This is my genre, and sleazy sexplotation never gets old. Still not sure why we stick with the assholes and the escape is never explained, but wow were those some great fucking kills! Very entertaining redo.
i definitely agree about the kills. but i was a little skeptical about
Spoiler:
the death-by-crow segment. i mean thats a fucking brutal way to torture somebody, but would it really kill them? i kind of doubt it. i suppose the addition of the extra rapist, as well as the shift in focus for the middle part of the film were attempts to separate this film from the original, which i applaud. The addition of the new character works really well, and while i'm not 100% sold on the shift in focus, i guess i understand what they were trying to do.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #62
Nailwraps
HackMaster

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-r...ve_blu-ray.htm
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:09 AM   #63
KamuiX
The Eighth Samurai

Has anyone else seen the remake already out at their Best Buy for $15? Online they're selling it for $30 (), but if anybody else can confirm they've seen it for $15 in-store, I'm just going to cancel my Amazon pre-order and buy it when I go to pick up my order for the original on Tuesday (my local store had the $9.99 signs up for it, but when I didn't see any and asked, the guy went to the back and then said it was a mistake and didn't release until 2/8).

Please visit my site...It's the future!

Wii Friend Code: 8897-8584-2714-5768 // XBL & PS3 GamerTag: KamuiXZero
KamuiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #64
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamuiX View Post
Has anyone else seen the remake already out at their Best Buy for $15? Online they're selling it for $30 (), but if anybody else can confirm they've seen it for $15 in-store, I'm just going to cancel my Amazon pre-order and buy it when I go to pick up my order for the original on Tuesday (my local store had the $9.99 signs up for it, but when I didn't see any and asked, the guy went to the back and then said it was a mistake and didn't release until 2/8).
I think you missed the boat on the $15 sale. From what I was told, they were never supposed to be released last weekend, but came in on those racks with all the exclusive blu-rays and most stores didn't notice, then mixed up with the ad about the original but confused abouit prices, sold em for $14.99.

I bought one for $14.99 Sunday, then by Tuesday they were pulled. When I asked about the original thinking it came out last Tuesday, I saw on the computer in store both were dated 2/08, the original will be on sale for $9.99 and the remake should be on sale for $19.99, if I saw what I thought I did on the screen.

The closet thing to an ad was a piece of paper on the side of the bd rack saying "On Sale $9.99 - 14.99 each" then all the titles but nothing saying which title costs what ammount. Of course it meant the original, but with the remake discs already in the rack it confused some stores for a day or 2.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:25 AM   #65
KamuiX
The Eighth Samurai

Guess I should have went last weekend, but oh well, was waiting for the 'ol tax refund. I'll just keep my Amazon pre-order on it, $14.99 + tax from BB would make it next to the same price anyway. Was just looking for that instant gratification.

Please visit my site...It's the future!

Wii Friend Code: 8897-8584-2714-5768 // XBL & PS3 GamerTag: KamuiXZero
KamuiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #66
JIMX1975
Stalker

Just picked the remake of this up on blu-ray yesterday at Wal-Mart for $15. Really planned on renting it first, but for that price, I thought I would take a chance. I liked it...don't think that it's one you could watch over and over again. To me it was like a combination of Last House on the Left, Hostel, and Saw.
JIMX1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #67
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

Just found the standard dvd for $10 at Wal-Mart. Had no interest in buying the thing but shit, for that price I couldn't pass it up!
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #68
cjg
Maniac

Smile

Amazon has the BLU for 9.99
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #69
Stige
HackMaster

just bought both from amazon couldn't resist
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #70
Cannibal Chris
Victim

Picked it up on blu along with the Last House blu for 9.99 each. I also spotted the Maniac blu. It's nice to see Best Buy carrying these titles, usually I have to go to Hastings or order online.
Cannibal Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #71
Anaestheus
HackMaster

Don't know how hard these have been to find for others. But, the Skokie, IL BB has a few copies of LHotL inconveniently placed in one of their display cases. Figured I'd mention it in case anyone Chicagoland is having difficulty finding a copy.

EDIT: Whoops - meant to put this in the LHotL thread.

Last edited by Anaestheus; 02-10-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Anaestheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #72
Katatonia
Master of Doom

I was in Blockbuster last night, and this was funny as hell...

This girl and her boyfriend come in asking for the '10 remake of I Spit. The dude working behind the counter says "nope, it's not even in theaters yet!"

I grabbed the DVD off the wall and handed it to him.

That's one hell of a date rape movie.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #73
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I was in Blockbuster last night, and this was funny as hell...

This girl and her boyfriend come in asking for the '10 remake of I Spit. The dude working behind the counter says "nope, it's not even in theaters yet!"

I grabbed the DVD off the wall and handed it to him.

That's one hell of a date rape movie.
Employer of the year!!!
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:17 AM   #74
Horrorphilly
Maniac

I'm watching the '78 version on BD now.Its stunning, absolutely stunning,almost too good.The first night scene looks grainy but the daylight scenes look perfect.The audio on a regular flat screen sounds really odd,almost too beefy.

sean
Horrorphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #75
msw7
Morso a morte

I just saw the remake tonight. You know, I actually think it's a much better movie than the original. The one relative weakness may be that the kills are overly complicated in the new one (though they were also pretty contrived in the original), but the script, acting and filmmaking were all stronger. The remake is also less exploitative, which works better I think.
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote