HellPumpkin

New Documentary: My Amityville Horror

Trailer and info can be found here: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/23710

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
Erick H.
HackMaster

Sounds like a real curio.Now the Lutz's son is getting in on the story after all these years.Might be worth a look,b.s. or not .
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
Katatonia
Master of Doom

It sounds very promising. I'd love to hear what the Lutz kids' views of that time were.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
JGrendel
HackMaster

It should if anything be entertaining to watch.
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

I'm really interested in the paranormal and have read countless books on the Amityville Horror, enough to have decided for myself that it was probably a hoax.
The theory proposed that there was a conspiracy between Defeo's lawyer and the Lutzes makes much sense to me, it would absolve Ronald 'Butch' Defoe of guilt by attributing the events to supernatural forces while promising the Lutzes lucrative deals from the fallout, which they did profit from this story for many years and obviously will still continue to do.
Add to that the fact that National Geographic tracked down the priest that the 'fly incident' was supposed to have happened to and he dismissed it as a complete fabrication.
Furthermore, no other families that have lived at 112 Ocean Ave. have reported anything weird, so even though I find these stories entertaining it's all 'campfire tales' to me. Will watch the documentary though, sounds cool. Thanks for the head's up.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
Ash28M
HackMaster

I would of been completely convinced of this being a hoax if it were not for sitting in on George Lutz with tears in his eyes, speaking about the indecent at horror find weekend back in 2003. Call me gullible but I came away from that thinking this guys is really emotional and adamant that SOMETHING happens to his family. Either that or he has been lying for so long he began to believe it. I'm sure it's all bullshit but that event has nagged at me ever since. Him and his wife who were split up, both stood by the story till the day they died.

I also find it hard to believe that a family would leave their house and all their belongings on the 1 in a million chance that a ghost story would make them rich. Then again they just might of been stupid enough to believe that would work and then dumb luck would have it, they won the lottery.

Last edited by Ash28M; 07-13-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
I would of completely convinced of this being a hoax if it were not for sitting in on George Lutz with tears in his eyes, speaking about the indecent at horror find weekend back in 2003. Call me gullible but I came away from that thinking this guys is really emotional and adamant that SOMETHING happens to his family. Either that or he has been lying for so long he began to believe it.
Well, if it is indeed a con job and I'm not saying it is or isn't, George had been running it since 1979 so I imagine he'd be pretty convincing at selling it and not above using a bit of melodramatics to do so.
I watched a documentary lately about the most famous faked picture of the Loch Ness Monster, the whole incident was perpetrated by a respected English doctor who convinced his young son to play along with it and to this day many people still maintain it's authentic despite being disproved and easily replicated, maybe sometimes people just want to believe in the paranormal a little too much, not saying that's true of anyone here, just a polite discussion.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
eric_angelus
Testacular

This should be kind of interesting...I am shocked that the community would even allow a film crew in to shoot. They have been trying to make people forget about this for 30 years now!
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #9
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_angelus View Post
This should be kind of interesting...I am shocked that the community would even allow a film crew in to shoot. They have been trying to make people forget about this for 30 years now!
I'm sure it was annoying when it happened but I bet you in reality the community loves it now. I know I would.

Last edited by Ash28M; 03-08-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:17 AM   #10
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
I'm sure it was annoying when it happened but I bet you in reality the community loves it now. I know I would.
Actually a film crew from A&E went there a few years back and were greeted with extreme hostility and told that it's not something most people want to discuss any longer.
They actually interviewed a handyman who did work in the house who dismissed the whole thing as bullshit and referred to George Lutz as George Putz.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #11
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
They actually interviewed a handyman who did work in the house who dismissed the whole thing as bullshit and referred to George Lutz as George Putz.
Well if the Handyman said there was no ghosts, then that settles it.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Well if the Handyman said there was no ghosts, then that settles it.
Well, he lived in Amityville his whole life compared to the Lutzes twenty eight days, if something was amiss in that house you'd figure long time residents would have heard stories before and after the Lutzes came and went.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Well, he lived in Amityville his whole life compared to the Lutzes twenty eight days, if something was amiss in that house you'd figure long time residents would have heard stories before and after the Lutzes came and went.
Who know how these things work maybe the entity didn't like the Lutz's and became dormant once they left. Saying that I'm sure every ghost story every told is bullshit. You can spend every night in the most haunted building in the world and probably not encounter anything, that your mind didn't conjour up itself.

Hey wouldn't we all love for someone to prove that statement wrong.

The funny thing is there are some states and I believe NY is one of them, where it is required by law when you sell you home to inform the buyers if your house is haunted. How is that law ever rational?
Old 03-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #14
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Well in Canada, or at least Quebec you must inform if any violent crime took place in your home. The Haunted thing? Not sure how that works.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #15
Ash28M
HackMaster

Caught up to this last night at the Toronto After Dark Film fest. It was quite fascinating as the Son was just as adamant and sounded as sincere as his Dad did at Horror find weekend back in 2003. I'm not saying that means it happens just that they have at least convinced themselves something happened.

The two thoughts that kept running through my head is that if it was a big lie why would Danny keep up this story. Throughout the Doc he spewed venom about this dad. He hated his guts and said he was glad he's dead. So if it was a lie he seemed like just the type that would want to get back at George by telling the world how much of a liar he was.

The other thought was that Kathy and George were divorced for years before they died and she never changed her story either. From all accounts George was quite the bully and for her to never change her story once they broke up is interesting.

Also the reporter that was at the original scene made a good point. She said that everyone says he did it because they were in big financial trouble and that was his plan to get out of it. They were only there for 28 days is that really enough time to get into that much financial trouble that you would be desperate enough to leave your belongings (which you could of sold to help that debt) and bet it all on a ghost story making yourself rich?

Last edited by Ash28M; 07-13-2013 at 02:39 PM.