Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

American Horror Story - Freak Show

Season 4 will be set at a carnival: http://www.avclub.com/article/americ...set-car-202257
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:20 AM   #2
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

So glad to hear it's a carnival and not a traveling circus like everyone on IMDb was predicting

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #3
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

More information on Season 4: http://www.eonline.com/news/524361/t...mdb_topstories

Quote:

American Horror Story's next season is going to be Freaky!

On Monday morning, co-creator, executive producer and keeper of all the secrets, Ryan Murphy, revealed via Twitter what the official subtitle of AHS's fourth season will be. After much speculation and debate, E! News confirms that the new official headline for the FX thriller is… American Horror Story: Freak Show!

Previous reports suggested that the upcoming season's subtitle would be "Carnival" after writer Douglas Petrie prematurely spilled the beans in a Nerdist podcast. But before all you clown-haters breathe a sigh of relief, be warned that we could definitely still be seeing those terrifying pranksters in a side-show later this year.

MORE: American Horror Story season 4 set at a carnival, according to writer

With a theme like "Freak Show" the possibilities for horrifying and cringe-worthy episodes are endless. However, once again, the details of AHS' new season are being kept very hush-hush, but here's everything that we know so far:

A source confirms to E! News that next season will take place in Jupiter, Florida in 1950. The consistently incredible Jessica Lange will pay a German ex-pat who is managing one of the last freak shows in the United States, per Entertainment Weekly, who originally reported the news.

As for who will be returning to the anthology series, Lange will be joined by Oscar winner Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett and Frances Conroy as members that she has rescued and recruited to join her twisted freak show. Denis O'Hare and Emma Roberts are also in talks to join Lange's group of misfits as they do anything to keep their business afloat.

MORE: How Sarah Paulson will keep Jessica Lange around for more AHS

Murphy previously teased to The Hollywood Reporter that Lange "has always wanted to play a Marlene Dietrich figure, and now she gets to." No doubt, Lange's character portrayal will be flawless, as per usual.

Murphy also divulged to Entertainment Weekly that the next season would feature a 1950s setting and lots of different accents. "If you look historically what happened in the year 1950, there's some more clues in that year. It's a period piece," Murphy told EW. "We try and do the opposite of what we've done before. Jessica Lange has already started practicing her German accent so I'm very excited!"

American Horror Story: Freak Show is set to premiere this October on FX.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:59 PM   #4
Paff

Glad that Lange, Bassett, and Bates are returning. Bassett was the best part of Coven, but they really misused Kathy Bates. Her story could have been the creepiest, but instead she spent most of the season as Precious' sidekick.

No mention of Taissa Fermiga, huh? Just as well. I was looking forward to seeing her in Coven, since it was legal to ogle her now (unlike in Murder House). Except I then found out she's nowhere near as talented as her big sister. Kind of a turn-off.
And the same with Emma Roberts. She's super easy on the eyes, until you find out she's Eric Roberts' daughter and you can actually see his facial structure on her. Even bigger turn off.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:49 AM   #5
vampyr789

Pretty much all my favorite people are coming back, except Lily Rabe there's no mention of her... I also wish Zachary Quinto, Connie Britton, and Dylan McDermott could come back too!

I think Freak Show is a great idea and has potential to be really creepy and dark, but slightly comedic too

Old 07-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #6
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

The first official promo for AHS: Freak Show has been unleashed:

Fallen Angel

Unlike years prior, I am only so excited for this upcoming season. Considering the quality of this show has dropped significantly with each season I can't say I am all in, and that promo is not too convincing.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #7
Mr.G
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetwarrior View Post
The first official promo for AHS: Freak Show has been unleashed:

Fallen Angel

Unlike years prior, I am only so excited for this upcoming season. Considering the quality of this show has dropped significantly with each season I can't say I am all in, and that promo is not too convincing.
I'll still tune in. I like the show but I feel they throw too many ideas together and there isn't enough time to cover them all well. It's as if they forget it's 10 or so episodes and rush.
Mr.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:13 AM   #8
vampyr789

That teaser apparently was revealed to be fan-made.

The first official teaser was released today, still no poster or official photos. No complaints though! It seems they're being more secretive and less flashy this year, which I'll gladly welcome.

Quote:
Big FX’s American Horror Story: Freak Show news.
The fourth installment of horror anthology series suddenly has a premiere date, an official new description, and its first genuine teaser video.

First the date: AHS: FS will debut Wednesday, Oct. 8 at 10 p.m.

The official new description: “Freak Show begins its tale in the quiet, sleepy hamlet of Jupiter, Florida. The year is 1952. A troupe of curiosities has just arrived to town, coinciding with the strange emergence of a dark entity that savagely threatens the lives of townsfolk and freaks alike. This is the story of the performers and their desperate journey of survival amidst the dying world of the American carny experience.”

The freakiest thing about Freak Show may be that the show’s debut is less than two months away and until now there have been no official photos (save one in a snapshot tweet by co-creator Ryan Murphy) and no video. But here’s a super-short teaser, below, while the first official photos, I’m told, are likely coming later today. The season stars Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Michael Chiklis, and Angela Bassett.
New Teaser "Admit One"

Oh and apparently John Carroll Lynch (from Zodiac) will be appearing this season as central villain, Wes Bentley (from American Beauty, The Hunger Games) is going to be play a part thats rumored to be inspired by Edward Mordrake. And... Patti LaBelle (yes, the woman who originally sang Lady Marmalade) will take on a recurring role.

Last edited by vampyr789; 08-21-2014 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:44 AM   #9
Copyboy
Maniac

Wish they could somehow bring Pepper from season 2 back for this. She'd be perfect!
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:05 AM   #10
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyboy View Post
Wish they could somehow bring Pepper from season 2 back for this. She'd be perfect!
I'd honestly be surprised if she wasn't back, in some form or another

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #11
vampyr789

American Horror Story - Freak Show

Quote:
It's been kind of confirmed that she's going to be making an appearance this season! A call-sheet for the first episode had leaked a few weeks ago and the character and actress were among the names listed!

Old 08-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #12
Copyboy
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyr789 View Post
It's been kind of confirmed that she's going to be making an appearance this season! A call-sheet for the first episode had leaked a few weeks ago and the character and actress were among the names listed!
WHAT?! Great news! Now if only Connie Britton could get out of her Nashville contract and get back to doing some real entertainment. I read somewhere that she said she's not a fan of horror but from an acting standpoint, I'd say she had much better material to sink her teeth into on AHS than the paint-by-numbers nighttime soap shit she's getting now.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #13
vampyr789

Quote:
WHAT?! Great news! Now if only Connie Britton could get out of her Nashville contract and get back to doing some real entertainment. I read somewhere that she said she's not a fan of horror but from an acting standpoint, I'd say she had much better material to sink her teeth into on AHS than the paint-by-numbers nighttime soap shit she's getting now.
I know I want her to come back too! I thought she was great in Murder House, she tried to make time for a part on Coven but it didn't work out. Ryan Murphy says a lot of old cast members are coming back so hopefully she'll be one (and Dylan McDermott too!)

Old 08-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #14
vampyr789

I'm too excited for words.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:32 AM   #15
Copyboy
Maniac

Oh boy! Makes me miss Carnivāle! Hope it measures up.