Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #16
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Actually reviews have noted the white trash dialogue has been toned down greatly.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #17
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
Actually reviews have noted the white trash dialogue has been toned down greatly.
Jesus, what will be left then?
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #18
spawningblue
Deadite

Yeah this looks pretty good! And glad to hear the white trash-ness of his previous film has been toned down. Talented Director, terrible writer. Hope it's more like his first two films then his latter that's for sure.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #19
Demoni
HackMaster

Wow!!! Loved the visuals of the trailer... some of them remind me of Kubrick!
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #20
MorallySound
There is no magic.

In theatres April 19th!

New trailer: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/i...elordsofsalem/

Easily my most anticipated horror film of 2013 so far.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #21
dave13
HackMaster

I cannot help but roll my eyes every time I see Zombie pushing his "muse" on us. If I were interested in seeing it, she would dampen my excitement. As it is, with Zombie being 0 for 4, I have no reason to expect this to be any different. Pass.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #22
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

I still think that Zombie pulled off a decent b-movie tribute with House Of A 1,000 Corpses. However, its 'wear your influences on your sleeve' style made it quickly degenerate into an ultra-violent parody. It was a fun watch nonetheless.
Huge promise was demonstrated on The Devil's Rejects, but that film did not stand up for me that well on repeated viewings.
I found the Halloween re-imaginings almost unwatchable.
This trailer shows some stylish touches and I am intrigued, I'm tired of Sheri Moon as well, but there are certainly worse things one could look at.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #23
Anaestheus
HackMaster

Zombie always gets my curiosity. I like him. I think his heart is in the right place as a director and that he has the best of intentions. But, I also don't think he has the talent to make films. Or at least he hasn't really shown the full grasp. I've watched his first 3 films (I just could not get excited for the second Halloween) and each time I go in hoping that he will finally be able to pull it off.

This looks interesting. I appreciate that he may finally be moving away from serial killers and into something with more of a supernatural flavor. I actually think that may fit him a bit more.

But, I don't know if I can handle Sheri Moon being front and center. I never really minded her in the other films as her presence came off as more of a throw-away and I actually thought that it was kind of cute that he always gave her roles. But, at least it looks like she may be playing more of straight role. So, maybe she can tone down all of the business that makes her annoying.
Anaestheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #24
spawningblue
Deadite

Looks good although I am a little weary that his wife is not only in this film again but the star of it.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #25
soxfan666
Maniac

I am very excited for this. I have liked each of Zombie's films very much except Halloweem II, but that is growing on me. I appreciate his stuff because it is well produced and hard hitting horror. He doesn't seem to hold back looking to make cuts and put out a mainstream film. Too often we are left waiting for home release to see a real horror movie as the theater version is a dumbed down pg-13 or soft R film. At least he attempts to put originality and horror into his films (even remakes!).
Old 02-06-2013, 03:44 AM   #26
othervoice1
HackMaster

I still find Sherri Moon pretty hot and I didn't hate the Halloween movies he did - I didn't think they were great but I didn't hate them either. This one looks interesting - not sure if Ill see it at the theatre but definitely at least a rental.
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:09 AM   #27
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Looks better than Rob's remake of Halloween (never bothered with the sequel). Never thought he would go so far as cast Sheri in a leading role, good luck with that. I do like Zombie's first two films, so I may give this one a chance.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #28
WesReviews
HackMaster

Looks hilarious and awful. Doesn't even look like Rob is trying anymore.

Does EVERYONE in a Rob Zombie movie have to have a beard?

And I wonder what deep and meaningful symbolism he will treat us to this time. The white horse in H2 was so DEEP, man.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton

Last edited by WesReviews; 02-06-2013 at 04:04 PM.
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #29
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post

Does EVERYONE in a Rob Zombie movie have to have a beard?

And I wonder what deep and meaningful symbolism he will treat us to this time. The white horse in H2 was so DEEP, man.
As long as he has a beard, so will his characters!

I bordered on hating Sherri in Devil's Rejects. Even though she was playing a psycho, she took it too far over the top IMO and I often cringe when she's on screen alone. But I thought she was great in Halloween 1 and works well in smaller, subdued doses. I have serious concerns if she can carry a film, guess we'll see.
I called this years ago when I said "I accept Rob is so pussy-whipped, Sherri will be in every movie he ever does." Even then, I didn't have the fucking lead in mind!
At least the trailer looked interesting if nothing else. White trash witch burning, could be a great new genre.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #30
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Who keeps giving this rock star chance-after-chance to figure out how to make a movie? I thought that idea died with Madonna's career?

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote