Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #46
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I'm not willing to give up on Rob yet...the dude knows the genre. I thought House of 1,000 Corpses was his best outing, and basically what I was expecting from a Rob Zombie film: a big, fun, colorful, cartoony music video...nothing more.

I didn't hate The Devil's Rejects, but I thought it was a step back...it was just too mean spirited. He should be ashamed of his Halloween films though.

If Rob can go back to the House of 1,000 Corpses style with The Lords of Salem, I'd be perfectly fine with that. But early reviews aren't looking good.

Last edited by Chomp; 03-09-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #47
othervoice1
HackMaster

I agree - I am willing to give this one a chance and I have not hated his movies- even the Halloween ones. Yea the prequal part of the first one sucked but I liked the 2nd half - and I like the Directors cut of the 2nd one quite a bit (although I prefer the theatrical release ending). This one looks promising to me - doesnt mean it will be good but it looks promising.
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:27 AM   #48
othervoice1
HackMaster

Early review:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...f-salem-review
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #49
Erick H.
HackMaster

I've heard it has a Euro vibe to it,kinda moody.The trailer is playing with DEAD MAN DOWN in the theaters.I'll give it a spin,if just for the cast.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #50
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

This comes out tomorrow via Anchor Bay. As such, I can't find a theater within a 100 miles playing this. Damnit!
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #51
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxfiend View Post
This comes out tomorrow via Anchor Bay. As such, I can't find a theater within a 100 miles playing this. Damnit!
What happened to Starz / Anchor Bay? They were doing wide theatrical releases for a little while (The Crazies, Let Me In, Law Abiding Citizen, etc). I'm guessing those were huge flops? Now an Anchor Bay theatrical release means 5 theaters in NY / LA only.

It's a shame, because some extremely entertaining genre fare has been practically dumped straight-to-disc that could have had a decent shot on the big screen. Frozen, The New Daughter, Bait 3D, Mother's Day, Piranha 3DD, etc. Also Excision, but I doubt that would have performed well to the mainstream.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #52
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

I don't understand why AB even bothers with theatrical screenings. If you aren't going to do a decent roll out, just go straight to video.
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #53
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

DVD Talk review of the theatrical release: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/60710...m-the/?___rd=1
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #54
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Wow, this is actually playing at the theater I usually go to, but reviews might make me skip it still. I heard some of Rob on Howard Stern this week, just enough to catch him saying this is the last horror film he will ever make.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #55
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

I guess I lucked out with its Baltimore location -- it's right by where the girlfriend and I were planning on eating tonight. Hopefully the film is worth it; I haven't really cared for Zombie's other flicks (though I *did* strangely like HALLOWEEN II) but I keep go seeing them regardless. I guess I'm convinced he'll get it right one of these days.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #56
Spit
HackMaster

Check this out last night, and enjoyed it...eh, kinda. It seems less like a Rob Zombie film then the rest of his, if that makes any sense. Definitely, not for the mainstream. There are parts which had sort of an "The House of the Devil" feel and there is this track they keep playing that vaguely reminds me of the Suspira theme. Honestly, stupid things like seeing Ken Foree and Dee Wallace on the silver screen make me happy, and if things like that make you happy I recommend checking it out. Apparently Sid Haig is in this film as well but I didn't catch his part and only noticed his name in the credits.

When your a drug addict, its important to pace yourself -Bill
Spit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #57
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
I heard some of Rob on Howard Stern this week, just enough to catch him saying this is the last horror film he will ever make.
So what kind of movies will Sheri be in going forward? Lords of Salem is playing in several theaters in and around Phoenix. Think I'm going to save my money as this movie may very well piss me off as much as Halloween.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #58
fceurich39
HackMaster

i'll just buy it on dvd or Blu-ray in a few months
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #59
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans-sadists View Post
So what kind of movies will Sheri be in going forward? Lords of Salem is playing in several theaters in and around Phoenix. Think I'm going to save my money as this movie may very well piss me off as much as Halloween.
He didn't say what he wanted to or was planning to do next, at least not the part I heard. I caught that he has a new record coming out next week, so maybe going back to music (which would leave Sherri on the stripper pole again)?

I predict a bad rock opera or heavy metal musical next. It'll still be filled with the wonderful foul-mouthed redneck residents of his head I'm sure.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #60
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Blu-ray.com's review: http://www.blu-ray.com/The-Lords-of-.../?show=preview