Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > News

Old 04-21-2012, 05:11 AM   #481
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Thanks for the input startide! Houseboat Horror - oy vey
Old 05-01-2012, 02:34 AM   #482
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Watched Final Exam last night and probably sat around for 10 minutes after the film had finished wondering why people liked this so much. This film was SLOW. Thankfully the character were interesting enough to keep me watching but for most of the films length not a lot happens.

It felt more like a sex comedy gone wrong than a slasher film. Oh, and move aside Jason, this killer here takes the cake for his teleporting abilities. I honestly thought that this guy was going to be revealed as some escaped experiment or a supernatural being because of this and his sheer inhuman strength.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #483
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I watched Final Exam last night as well for the first time and had a good time. I was never bored because I actually liked most of the characters and cared when they kicked the bucket.

Underrated slasher IMO.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #484
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Has anyone received Mortuary yet? I know sometimes they get shipped out a little early.

I just placed my order today. I was wondering what people had to say about the disc.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:42 AM   #485
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Ordered mine yesterday from Amazon and haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:43 AM   #486
ArrowBeach
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Has anyone received Mortuary yet? I know sometimes they get shipped out a little early.

I just placed my order today. I was wondering what people had to say about the disc.
there is a very positive review up at mondo digital
ArrowBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:46 AM   #487
ronnie21
HackMaster

final exam i first rented around spring of 90, and hated it, thought it really was dated by that point. Thought it was boring didn't like the fact they showed the killer right away, and he knew karate, and no motive. Then i seen it on cable around 95 and looked at it different. almost like i seen a completely diffrent film. Now still not without its problems. but liked it better that we didnt know who this guy was and we had to draw our own conclusions, and some of the camera shots were well done.. and the atomsphere was cool. Now. yes, too much characther development, I read people said there is no blood. not true. theres enough blood. It might have had more blood shown than the original halloween..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #488
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowBeach View Post
Ooo yeah, that does sound and look good.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:49 AM   #489
ArrowBeach
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Ooo yeah, that does sound and look good.
the screenshots sure looks awesome!
ArrowBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:51 AM   #490
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

I haven't been the biggest fan of Final Exam and Humongous (though I thought it was better). I've already seen House on Sorority Row and I like that one. Am I likely to like Mortuary?
Old 05-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #491
Bluenoser
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Ordered mine yesterday from Amazon and haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet.
Mine shipped out this morning from amazon.ca.. should be here by Wednesday.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #492
startide
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowBeach View Post
True, but hardly an unbiased one, not sure it's factually correct either (the Italian DVD looks and sounds legit).

I'm a touch disappointed at the extras on this DVD. (Okay, a lot disappointed!) Not that I know much about the ins and outs of producing extras for DVD, but Mary McDonough has been vocal, open and willing to talk about this film in recent years, was she unavailable? Still, I've always loved the creepy score, so the interview with Cacavas should be worth a spin.

Zombie Dude, maybe. Humongous is a serious step down in quality, AFAIAC. But then I am possibly the biggest Mortuary fan in Australia, if not the world, so perhaps I am not the person to comment. It's a slow burn stalk and slash, not much gore (although one of them is brutal), and not much
Spoiler:
mystery
either. What I always liked about Mortuary was largely what it didn't have, if that makes sense. Different locations, stunning cliffside setting and no crazed psycho stalking kids in the woods!!! I can't even give you something similar from the same period to compare it to, which doesn't help much, so I guess that makes it quite unique.

Last edited by startide; 05-15-2012 at 06:16 AM.
startide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #493
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by startide View Post
Zombie Dude, maybe. Humongous is a serious step down in quality, AFAIAC. But then I am possibly the biggest Mortuary fan in Australia, if not the world, so perhaps I am not the person to comment. It's a slow burn stalk and slash, not much gore (although one of them is brutal), and not much mystery either. What I always liked about Mortuary was largely what it didn't have, if that makes sense. Different locations, stunning cliffside setting and no crazed psycho stalking kids in the woods!!! I can't even give you something similar from the same period to compare it to, which doesn't help much, so I guess that makes it quite unique.
Well if you think it's better than Humongous I may have to give it a go. Plus you're Aussie and if you love it I at least have to try and check it out
Old 05-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #494
startide
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Well if you think it's better than Humongous I may have to give it a go. Plus you're Aussie and if you love it I at least have to try and check it out
So long as you don't hold it against me if you hate it! I've talked at length about Mortuary on this MB but probably the most telling thing is that

a) I saw it as a 7 year old and it terrorised me
b) It doesn't make me laugh out loud at how bad it is, when I watch it as an adult, and
c) I still cannot watch it in the dark!!!!!!!

Truthfully, I am not afraid of the dark, but my god do I hate uncovered windows in the dark (this will make sense when you see it). Wow. When I put it like that, it's still terrorising me. 28 years later.
startide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #495
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by startide View Post
So long as you don't hold it against me if you hate it! I've talked at length about Mortuary on this MB but probably the most telling thing is that

a) I saw it as a 7 year old and it terrorised me
b) It doesn't make me laugh out loud at how bad it is, when I watch it as an adult, and
c) I still cannot watch it in the dark!!!!!!!

Truthfully, I am not afraid of the dark, but my god do I hate uncovered windows in the dark (this will make sense when you see it). Wow. When I put it like that, it's still terrorising me. 28 years later.
Well that depends on how bad it is I'm curious anyway so I wont be holding it against you.

It sounds like it's at least creepy so that's good. Hope it can scare me somewhat