Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > News

Old 05-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #46
KamuiX
The Eighth Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Yeah, I know

For some reason I just feel like the Scorpion part of the family would do a better job with it
They at least wait to announce stuff until it's ready to go, instead of pumping you up and then leaving you twiddling your thumbs for years.

Please visit my site...It's the future!

Wii Friend Code: 8897-8584-2714-5768 // XBL & PS3 GamerTag: KamuiXZero
KamuiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #47
ronnie21
HackMaster

HORRORPHILLY,, its in the inquire archives, Humongous played there in May of 1982, I think it only lasted a week.. And Final exam played there in June of 81. Alot of low budget exploitation films played from 1979-1983. I was only 9 and 10 when they came out. The college theater lasted until 1987. I think March of 87 was it's last run, by 86 and 87, the theater started showing more family type movies. Its now a business office. http://cinematreasures.org/theater/19696/ My brother seen some movies here and said it had a great big screen. Can you imagine that. watching final exam on a big screen. Other movies that played here are -- Mothers day. Dawn of the dead, The exterminator. Basket case. Fast times at ridgemont high. Forbidden world.. I would have loved to seen forbidden world there in 82..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #48
ronnie21
HackMaster

Check out the 1983 photo of the theater in this link..
Old 05-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #49
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

I will probably end up getting most of these. Best part of this news is that these won't be DVD-R releases. Glad to have Scorpion releasing them!
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #50
Shawn Francis
Maniac

I'm keeping trrack of all these flicks on my blog, much like I'm doing with Shout's Corman titles.
Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #51
ronnie21
HackMaster

Yeah. I just hope they don't use the same transfers from the older dvds....
Interesting, with humongous being UNCUT. I wonder which print they scarfed up for that?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #52
ronnie21
HackMaster

I believe the only cut footage from humongous was the rape scene or dog attack scene, and i think it was just a second or 2 or the guys aftermath of being attack but i could be wrong..
Old 05-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #53
Zillamon51
Maniac

I've been wanting to see Humongous and House on Sorority Row for a while now, so I'll likely pick those up if the price is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39
that katrina chick i think is WINTER IN TNA WRESTLING I BELIEVE
She is currently Winter in TNA; she used to be Katie Lea Burchill in WWE.
Zillamon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #54
Shawn Francis
Maniac

I emailed Scorpion and they told me only 2-3 titles will be released a month, and the two flicks I'm personally interested in, THE INCUBUS and HUMONGOUS have already got dates. INCUBUS is set for Jan, but could come out earlier depending on when they get done with the extras and HUMONGOUS is set for October.
Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:46 AM   #55
ronnie21
HackMaster

awwhh we got to wait till october for humongous. well, at least its coming out at all..
Old 05-16-2011, 04:34 AM   #56
Body Boy
HackMaster

Considering that's only 5 months away, and it was just announced last week, I'm-a say October is a wonderfully close date that I welcome.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:56 AM   #57
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

How have I been missing this thread? This is awesome news!!!! I have been waiting for Humongous to get a real DVD release for years, and uncut thankfully taboot. Definite must buy, and American Nightmare is pure bonus. Don't really care too much for the rest.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:20 AM   #58
Body Boy
HackMaster

Yeah, these are some great Canadian films, that I thought would never come to DVD thanks to a certain someone saying that they'd never lease them to America (but I still love you Code Red! <3).

I WILL be buying Humongous when it comes out immediately as it has been undeservedly bashed by many for the sole reason of its shoddy VHS darkness. Maybe people will see it for the highly above average film it is now. God, I'm so excited! It's one of my top 20 slasher films.

American Nightmare, while a letdown when I actually saw it last November, will probably be picked up as well because I want to see what it looks like in widescreen. A beaut for sure I hope. It also has an AWESOME stalk and murder scene with that girl from Visiting Hours and Happy Birthday to Me in the dark with a pitchfork.

I'm getting Devil Within Her too as I love those post-Exorcist/Rosemary films. One of my favorite sub-genres. Schlock devils. And House on Sorority Row will be a pick-up since I missed the last two releases, and the second was interlaced. Growl.

Incubus and Final Exam I already own, but might upgrade the former if the transfer is a good improvement.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:44 AM   #59
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
I believe the only cut footage from humongous was the rape scene or dog attack scene, and i think it was just a second or 2 or the guys aftermath of being attack but i could be wrong..
The old German VHS release of Humongous runs 1:08 min longer than the R-Rated U.S. Version. Apparently the German release is the uncut version.
Here are images of what is missing from the R-Rated version:

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schni...php?ID=1351529

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #60
Katatonia
Master of Doom

For those interested, Scorpion will also be releasing Where the Boys Are '84 on DVD in late August.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote