Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > News

Old 02-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #646
Scorpion
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
You'll probably get reversible cover art but these are likely under the "Katrina" banner, so it will be the same artwork just one side without the Katrina info on it.

Not finalized, so not set in stone, but will probably do a reversible for GRIZZLY and DAY OF THE ANIMALS, with both the Euro art and the more known U.S art, both without the Katarina banner, sort of like what I did with SAVAGE STREETS.
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #647
Scorpion
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Who is this? What's your role bro? Welcome at any rate!

I'm all about the Grizzly Blu - love that flick. Day of the Animals probably not.
Thanks, but hopefully with the Brand New HD master of ANIMALS from the original IP on BluRay, you will give it a chance, as when compared to the Media Blaster one, its like comparing apples and oranges.

This is Walter, the head of the label FYI, hopefully this forum isn't as bad as someone told me, and that you are all cool!

Last edited by Scorpion; 02-07-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #648
crikan
HackMaster

I caught the trailers for DAY OF THE ANIMALS and GRIZZLY a couple years ago and since then have wanted to pick them up. Honestly, I’m more excited for DOTA than I probably should be. I’ve had some fun with “nature run amuck” films but I’m not sure it’s a genre I want to invest heavily in. If the first two end up being worth the investment I’ll be up for DOGS. It would help if the first releases had trailers of each of the future releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Not finalized, so not set in stone, but will probably do a reversible for GRIZZLY and DAY OF THE ANIMALS, with both the Euro art and the more known U.S art, both without the Katarina banner, sort of like what I did with SAVAGE STREETS.
Awesome! *fingers-crossed*

Last edited by crikan; 02-07-2013 at 04:56 PM.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #649
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
This is Walter, the head of the label FYI, hopefully this forum isn't as bad as someone told me, and that you are all cool!
We are definitely an island of misfit toys as you'll soon learn. Most of which are very knowledgeable and dedicated folks that are easy to get along with assuming you don't have some sort of sociological disorder or take offense to the slightest unpolitical comment

Some of us however get a little overly excited and forget our manners pretending we could have done a better job in whatever the aspect of the discussion it was. Don't take any of that to heart. There definitely have been some folks that have run outta here screaming
Old 02-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #650
foller
Stalker

Quote:
Sounds great. I have always loved that Scorpion offers reversible covers without the Katarina banner. I bought every single Katarina title and I will keep on supporting Scorpion's work. I really like Katarina's intros, I just don't want her on the front cover. Not because of her but because I prefer the old classic artworks I remember from the video store days.

I was just a bit surprised about the "Day of the Animals" cover because it was not the one I am familiar with. Isn't the one on the Shriek Show DVD the original poster art?

Love those two
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grizzly.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	6315   Click image for larger version

Name:	dayota.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	6316  

Last edited by foller; 02-07-2013 at 05:19 PM.
foller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #651
dickieduvet
Maniac

Quote:

Thanks, but hopefully with the Brand New HD master of ANIMALS from the original IP on BluRay, you will give it a chance, as when compared to the Media Blaster one, its like comparing apples and oranges.

Welcome Walter.

Really pleased to see you posting here

Can't wait for Grizzly, Animals and now Dogs....Any info about The Monster Club and possible ETA would be hugely appreciated
dickieduvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #652
eric_angelus
Testacular

Quote:

Welcome to HorrorDigital Walter! Can't wait to see all the upcoming releases!
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #653
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Welcome Walter. I haven't gotten to dig into as much of the Scorpion catalog as I'd like to, but I do thank you for making it so I could view the films Humongous, Mortuary, and Nothing But the Night for the first time. I think you'll find the majority of the members of this forum a little more grateful for their favorites being released in a quality edition than nitpicking artwork and image quality the way many other places round the net do. Thank you for all you do!
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #654
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Oh yeah dood, Humongous and DeathShip were huge! Thanks so much for those.

Think you can swing The Prey and Screams of a Winter Night while you're at it
Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #655
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Glad to see Scorpion posting here. Welcome!

My comments on Grizzly and Day Of The Animals weren't intended as a jab towards you or your company. I mainly meant that there are a lot of films out there to choose from, and I have to be picky about what I upgrade, especially since I already own serviceable copies of these two. I'm excited to see Dogs though.

I will say that I did upgrade both House On Sorority Row and Final Exam, and you guys did an amazing job on these two. Final Exam looks fantastic, the difference over the BCI disc is night and day. I wasn't too keen about buying Sorority Row a fourth time (VHS and two previous DVDs), but after seeing the disc it was worth it. The extras are great, especially the Harley Jane Kozak interview (she is such an engaging speaker).

Also have to say thanks for putting slasher-movie gems like Humongous, Mortuary, and American Nightmare on disc. The American Nightmare transfer was a little disappointing, but at least you guys did the best you could. Keep up the good work, and welcome to the forums.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #656
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:

Welcome Walter! I love your company and what you've done to resurrect some lost classics. Welcome to the board!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #657
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Welcome! Grizzly and Day were never quite favorites with me (I always WANTED to like them, but I consider The Manitou to be a much more fun Girdler movie), but I will probably upgrade at least Grizzly. I hope you will consider releasing The House on Sorority Row on blu - in any case, I am excited that you are making a foray into blu.

Cheers!
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #658
fceurich39
HackMaster

i really enjoyed the Incubus,Mortuary,Death ship and Humongous dvds by scorpion!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #659
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Glad to see Scorpion posting here. Welcome!

My comments on Grizzly and Day Of The Animals weren't intended as a jab towards you or your company. I mainly meant that there are a lot of films out there to choose from, and I have to be picky about what I upgrade, especially since I already own serviceable copies of these two. I'm excited to see Dogs though.

I will say that I did upgrade both House On Sorority Row and Final Exam, and you guys did an amazing job on these two. Final Exam looks fantastic, the difference over the BCI disc is night and day. I wasn't too keen about buying Sorority Row a fourth time (VHS and two previous DVDs), but after seeing the disc it was worth it. The extras are great, especially the Harley Jane Kozak interview (she is such an engaging speaker).

Also have to say thanks for putting slasher-movie gems like Humongous, Mortuary, and American Nightmare on disc. The American Nightmare transfer was a little disappointing, but at least you guys did the best you could. Keep up the good work, and welcome to the forums.
Same. I wasn't dissing the company either and like yourself I have to be picky with what I upgrade.

Loved the Final Exam and House on Sorority Row discs and so happy Scorpion introduced me to Joysticks. Love that flick.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #660
crikan
HackMaster

Welcome Walter. I’m a big fan of your work. I was going to mention my favorite Scorpion title but it’s at least a 6-way tie. I do blind buy most of your titles just because so far it has served me well. THE FANTASIST is a title had no expectations going in but was blown away. I am most looking forward to ALLEY CAT and ANGELS BRIGADE. I’d love to see as many titles as possible from the “Kat Scratch Cinema” line. There are plenty of quality revenge titles languishing on VHS like NAKED VENGEANCE, BALLISTIC, DIRTY HARRIET, and VIOLATED. I’m also a big fan of teen sex comedies like JOYSTICKS and CHEERLEADERS WILD WEEKEND. Best of luck.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote