Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Asian Horror and Other Pleasures

Old 08-18-2011, 03:32 AM   #16
eric_angelus
Testacular

Sweet! Cannot wait for this DAM is my favorite Godzilla movie. Really happy to see that two English dubs are included (I assume one will be the original AIP dub!).

Last edited by eric_angelus; 08-18-2011 at 05:02 AM.
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:50 AM   #17
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I'm glad the commentary is being done by two of the guys who did a couple of other Godzilla discs (I particularly like their track on Mothra vs Godzilla).

So is Megalon coming out? That site says the rumors are false.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #18
f.ramses
Maniac

Checked out Destroy All Monsters this weekend after I picked it up at Chiller Theatre. I haven't had any interest in movies like this since I was very little and this got me a little interested again, it was fun. Here's some caps:

Old 11-02-2011, 03:28 AM   #19
Dobby
HackMaster

That transfer is brutally bad on all levels horrible.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:16 AM   #20
Marshall Crist
Stalker

You can see the string on Manda's jaw--what more do you need?
Marshall Crist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #21
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
You can see the string on Manda's jaw--what more do you need?
I want to see the zipper on Godzilla's back.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:52 AM   #22
Nailwraps
HackMaster

DVD Drive-In review on Destory All Monsters!:
http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/a...monsters68.htm
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:52 AM   #23
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Destroy All Monsters Blu-ray review from DVD Beaver: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCom...allmosters.htm
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #24
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Godzilla vs Megalon DVD & Blu-Ray has been delayed until December (18th according to Amazon, 20th according to Deep Discount)

Media Blasters mentioned on their facebook about it having to do with the Blu-ray and the english dub.

Last edited by MisterTwister; 11-23-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:49 AM   #25
fceurich39
HackMaster

yeah but they also mentioned the dvd audio was ok why delay dvd also???
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:00 AM   #26
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
yeah but they also mentioned the dvd audio was ok why delay dvd also???
I don't get it either. They didn't delay the Story of Ricky DVD when the Blu-Ray was so why Megalon?

EDIT-on their facebook

UPDATE: GvM, Just so everyone knows the masters are sitting for DVD and Blu Ray but at this point the can not ship as we are waiting for Toho approvals. Given this we can not make street date. We will update all once Toho gives us approval or further changes.

Last edited by MisterTwister; 11-23-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:56 AM   #27
Jeremy
Closet SCREAM fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
UPDATE: GvM, Just so everyone knows the masters are sitting for DVD and Blu Ray but at this point the can not ship as we are waiting for Toho approvals. Given this we can not make street date. We will update all once Toho gives us approval or further changes.
Toho is one of the most over-corporatized, anal-retentive companies when it comes this sort of stuff. You can't even have an English language commentary on an American Godzilla DVD unless they've approved of everything the commentator said. They have veto power over all the supplements and a lot of other things.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #28
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

I watched the DAM blu-ray twice yesterday. First time with the commentary, which was very informative (as always with these guys). Second time with the AIP dub as I have never heard it before. The AIP dub was better than what some reviewers made it out to be. I've watched a lot of older films with less than ideal sound sources, so the fluttering sound at some points did not bother me. If anything, It added to the retro feel of the movie. The AIP dub is so much better than the international dub and will from now on be my choice when watching the movie. Thanks MB for including it despite less than ideal quality! As for the video quality, it was miles ahead of the ADV VHS/DVD I had. Colors really popped out. I understand what everyone is talking about in regards to the softness and contrast levels. After watching DAM, It got me into a Godzilla mood and I've watched some of the my other discs and the softness appears on it as well. So to me, this is a TOHO deal and not necessarily MB's fault. Anyway, I'm completely satisfied with this purchase, especially since I got it for $15 off Deep Discount. Thank you so much MB for putting this out on BD. Godzilla BDs are severely lacking in North America. It does not seem Sony is interested at all in putting out BDs or Classic Media for that matter, so this, along with Megalon and Criterion's Godzilla may be it until the Legendary Pictures film comes out in 2013/2014. Then again, Echo Bridge may put out Biollante, though hard telling what may come of that...
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:09 AM   #29
fceurich39
HackMaster

i got an email from image entertainment they said they own the us version of godzilla 1985 and a widescreen dvd/blu-ray release is in the works looked over at dvdaf for this all it says is not announced
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:29 AM   #30
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Oh, fuck, for real?! This is big! I'm posting that on my facebook and my blog. That news is SO fuckin' big it ain't even funny!
Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote