Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Asian Horror and Other Pleasures

Old 10-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #76
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Managed to snag one of the special edition discs from FYE. Commentary track was great.

There's also a hidden TOHO trailer reel that's pretty awesome.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #77
Nailwraps
HackMaster

So wait, is Meida Blasters now releasing the SE version of Godzilla Vs Megalon or no? I'm confused here.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #78
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
So wait, is Meida Blasters now releasing the SE version of Godzilla Vs Megalon or no? I'm confused here.
No.

The replication plant used the original file instead of the new one when doing a second pressing of the Megalon discs. This was an accident and less than a 1,000 were made.

There will not be a wide release of the SE until Toho approves it. And with this happening I have my doubts....
Old 09-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #79
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Almost a year later, good news comes afoot!:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=809
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #80
X-human
I ate my keys

Good news. Might be yet another year before we see anything of it, but there's so much other stuff out there anyways I can continue to wait.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #81
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.scifijapan.com
New Releases for Two Toho Favorites this Summer
Source: Media Blasters, Inc.
Special Thanks to Carl Morano

A SCIFI JAPAN EXCLUSIVE
Toho’s DESTROY ALL MONSTERS (怪獣総進撃, Kaiju Soshingeki, 1968) and GODZILLA VS MEGALON (ゴジラ対メガロ, Gojira Tai Megaro, 1973) are returning to home video in North America from Media Blasters’ Tokyo Shock label. Both Godzilla classics will be released individually on DVD and Blu-ray and as a DVD box set to follow the wide theatrical release of the new Hollywood-produced GODZILLA.

Media Blasters first released DESTROY ALL MONSTERS on both DVD and Blu-ray through their Tokyo Shock imprint on October 25, 2011. But Toho complained about the extra features included on the discs, forcing production to be halted until the two companies could come to an agreement. GODZILLA VS MEGALON was also pushed back from a planned November 2011 release, with the barebones DVD eventually streeting on August 14, 2012. But the following month, a second pressing of the discs accidentally included bonus features, causing another round of headaches for both Toho and Media Blasters.

After months of negotiations, Toho has now given their approval for Media Blasters to re-release DESTROY ALL MONSTERS and GODZILLA VS MEGALON. The movies are scheduled for DVD and — in a first for GODZILLA VS MEGALON — Blu-ray starting in late July 2014 (exact street dates and SRPs tba). Both editions will boast HD transfers and be presented fully uncut with Japanese 2.0 and 5.1 audio and Toho’s English 2.0 audio/subtitle options.

Under Toho’s instructions, no extras are planned for these releases. Any fans lucky enough to have the previous Media Blasters DVD and Blu-ray of DESTROY ALL MONSTERS — or the leaked special edition DVD of GODZILLA VS MEGALON — are advised to hold onto their copies.

DVDs of the two films will also be packaged together in a “Godzilla Stomp Box” exclusive for Walmart stores. The Stomp Box goes on sale in mid July.

Revised cover design for the Blu-ray re-release of DESTROY ALL MONSTERS. Artwork pending approval. Image courtesy of Media Blasters. © 1968 Toho Co., Ltd.
DESTROY ALL MONSTERS
DVD: TSDVD-1401
Blu-ray: TSBD-1403
Pre-Book: 7/22/2014
Street Date: 7/2014

GODZILLA VS MEGALON
DVD: TSCD-140x
Blu-ray: TSBD-1404
Pre-Book: 7/22/2014

GODZILLA STOMP BOX (contains both titles)
DVD: TSDVD-1402
Pre-Book: 7/8/2014
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2...u-ray-and-dvd/
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:05 AM   #82
Drinkinstein
Stalker

Wel I'm real happy I just shelled out a good chunk of change to get the megalon DVD with features! I had the Destroy All Monsters blu from day one too. Kind of sucks for those that missed out that MB and Toho couldn't work out the details, but at least we're finally getting Godzilla vs Megalon in hi-def.
Drinkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:29 AM   #83
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

I'm confused by Toho insisting on No Extras...they do it all the time.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote