Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Slashers

Old 07-05-2009, 01:21 AM   #1
unstoppable

Hills Run Red

I have been waiting for this forever. I hear it comes out in sept. of this year.
Love the idea, but the whole movie inside a movie has been done to death. Cut, Scream 3, etc...
Old 07-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
Paul0889
Maniac

i've been reading some VERY positive reviews for this. some of which are so positive that this seems like it should be heading to theaters. i'm definitely looking forward to this.
Paul0889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
fceurich39
HackMaster

will be getting this on dvd come sept 29th
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:28 AM   #4
Grim
HackMaster

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11853

Apparently Warner Bros. has a new "No Unrated" policy and 10 minutes had to be cut out of this sucker for an R. AND they still felt a need to put a content advisory label on it.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11853

Apparently Warner Bros. has a new "No Unrated" policy and 10 minutes had to be cut out of this sucker for an R. AND they still felt a need to put a content advisory label on it.
WTF!? That's ridiculous!

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
WTF!? That's ridiculous!
Yeah I don't know, but hey, sometimes less is more, ya know? So we'll see. The cuts could have been for the better (like wisely cutting down the sleeping bag scene in F13 Part 7. One brutal whack was much more effective than like seven).
Old 09-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Took the words right out of my mouth.

What's worse about that article is it almost teases you by suggesting an unrated version will surface eventually, then the director goes on to say it's now a new policy with Warner and it won't happen.

This just irks me on so many levels, I was planning on picking this up, now I'm not so sure. Granted he states the film is still very violent and gory, but 10 minutes of footage ain't no small chunk of change...we've seen movies with a mere 5 minutes or so edited back in and sometimes it's made all the difference! Now we're missing 10 minutes? And it's gore? And the studio releasing it now has a no unrated policy? Is anyone else here experiencing deja vu?

I'm expecting in the next 20 years, the footage will somehow be lost, and we'll hear stories of the cut footage and what it was like, then some day an uncut micro chip version will be released with the "surviving" footage edited back in after years of online petitions and emails to the studio.

Oy vey. Some people just never learn...
Old 09-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Yeah I don't know, but hey, sometimes less is more, ya know? So we'll see. The cuts could have been for the better (like wisely cutting down the sleeping bag scene in F13 Part 7. One brutal whack was much more effective than like seven).
I just meant in general, how Warner will never put out an unrated movie!

My Movie Collection

Old 09-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth.

What's worse about that article is it almost teases you by suggesting an unrated version will surface eventually, then the director goes on to say it's now a new policy with Warner and it won't happen.

This just irks me on so many levels, I was planning on picking this up, now I'm not so sure. Granted he states the film is still very violent and gory, but 10 minutes of footage ain't no small chunk of change...we've seen movies with a mere 5 minutes or so edited back in and sometimes it's made all the difference! Now we're missing 10 minutes? And it's gore? And the studio releasing it now has a no unrated policy? Is anyone else here experiencing deja vu?

I'm expecting in the next 20 years, the footage will somehow be lost, and we'll hear stories of the cut footage and what it was like, then some day an uncut micro chip version will be released with the "surviving" footage edited back in after years of online petitions and emails to the studio.

Oy vey. Some people just never learn...
Exactly! Feels like we're going back in time. Censorship is never a good thing and I have a feeling this will screw over some releases later on down the road.

My Movie Collection

Old 09-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #10
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

You'd think by now studios would learn...I mean it's been proven, it's not like they're still experimenting with the idea; unrated versions of films, especially horror, do much better business than their rated counterparts.

I mean how many people do you know that bought THE HILLS HAVE EYES or DAWN OF THE DEAD rated? Or any other film they had a choice on for that matter?

I'd think with the economy being in such rough shape as it is, there would be less room for new policies that would potentially slash the sales of the release, pardon the pun, in half. I guess since the general public isn't going to know about the cuts that were made, and I'm sure many horror fans are still planning on picking this up, it isn't going to harm it enough but down the road, who knows what other release this policy could mess up?

Just baffles me that studios can still be this jaded and downright idiotic. They know what works and what doesn't, why is this still an issue!?
Old 09-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
Grim
HackMaster

I'm kind of calling bullshit on the Unrated bit. They apparently had that policy years back, but it didn't stop them from releasing True Romance uncut on VHS, DVD, etc. Not to mention the Natural Born Killers Unrated Director's Cut is coming out on blu soon. If this is a new policy, it won't last. Just like it didn't last before.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #12
bloodthrill
Stalker

Just read about this myself...and I'm shaking,I'm so pissed right now.

I'M calling Bullshit-Less is never more in a throwback to 80s slashers called "The Hills Run F***ing Red"! I'm thoroughly disgusted with Param-ooops,I mean, Warner Bros and their sh**y policies..jump off the moral bandwagon,idiots-you just lost my DVD sale,and it sounds like quite a few others will be giving this hacked-up P.O.S. a pass as well.Your poor judgment in these tough economic times will only leave you with scads of unmoved,unsold copies-you should've just lied,and claimed the original version was awarded a Hard 'R'-I would've rather been deceived,and never known what butchery (ten freaking minutes!) took place on a moron's whim.

I would've actually enjoyed a movie I've been anticipating for months,(and gladly shelled out hard-earned money for it,despite others simply ripping copies on-line).F*ck you,WB,and all of the corporate BS decisions that'll run you into the ground with the horror crowd.We're very fickle people,you shouldn't screw with us too badly.Congratulations,you've just graduated to a new level of stupidity.

Last edited by bloodthrill; 09-24-2009 at 09:18 AM.
bloodthrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #13
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthrill View Post
I'M calling Bullshit-Less is never more in a throwback to 80s slashers called "The Hills Run F***ing Red"!
I would disagree. While the zombie movies and giallos were quite violent and explicit in their uncut forms, I think basically any slasher from the 80's that had to have gore cut would probably be able to get an R these days with no problem, Friday the 13th Part 7 included. Anything that needs 10 minutes of gore cut these days is definitely a product of today and far removed from the light-hearted slasher fare of the 80's. That said, I still want to see this, but I'm still bummed about Warner's decision. It seems to only be coming out on DVD anyway and I have made a decision to stick to blu now, so maybe when it comes to rereleasing this years down the road they'll give us the uncut version.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #14
NaturesMistake
Stalker

That's retarded, but I smell a scam. The unrated version will come out, they just want you all to fret over it and think about a film you may have not cared about in the first place.
NaturesMistake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #15
fceurich39
HackMaster

all they cut out was actually just dialogue not actual gore but after seeing the movie from a friend who works at blockbuster it is freakin brutal for an R-rated film i hope i can find this in stores come the 29th
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote