Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
shape22
HackMaster

Puppet Master remake STARRING JUSTIN BIEBER

If this isn't a joke then Charlie Band has officially lost his mind:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

JUSTIN BIEBER TO STAR IN PUPPET MASTER REMAKE AS YOUNG ANDRE TOULON

LOS ANGELES, CA -March 31, 2014 - PUPPETMASTER, the celebrated 25 year-old horror/fantasy-film franchise from producer and Full Moon Features president Charles Band, has long been rumored to receive a large-scale, state-of-the-art remake. Today, Full Moon is finally ready to officially announce that the remake has in fact recently begun pre-production in partnership with a major independent studio (to be announced soon) and has already locked a huge - and unlikely -casting coup.

It is with great excitement that Full Moon Features reveals that celebrated, multi-platinum selling pop sensation and media darling Justin Bieber has been cast in PUPPETMASTER as the young Andre Toulon, whose experiments with magic and marionettes yield lethal results.

"I couldn't be more thrilled to have Justin on board," says Band, who has over 40 years in the film industry and hundreds of motion pictures under his storied belt.

"The role of Toulon is iconic, horror cinema's original tortured artist and it was important we found an actor who could really sell the character during the early stages of his journey. Toulon is a young man who is in fact wise beyond his years and has seen it all. With all Justin has endured as of late in the press and elsewhere, we knew he would bring an authentic gravitas to the role that many other performers could not."

Band continues, "but what really sold me on the idea of Justin appearing in our new, improved PUPPETMASTER picture, was his blistering performance on TV's CSI back in 2010. We watched those episodes on YouTube after Justin's audition and understood that this kid is the whole package, the real deal. We hope our collaboration with Justin on PUPPETMASTER will be one of many exciting Full Moon projects to come."

PUPPETMASTER is scheduled for a 2015 release.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Uh... it's April Fools!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
shape22
HackMaster

Ha! Yes. I thought this one was pretty funny.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
hots4
Stalker

as soon as i read it, i was like that's gotta be an April fool's.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

All joking aside, Puppet Master really does need to be rebooted and by some one that can put in good effects rather than the shoddy work FM has been doing on the last few.
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:51 AM   #6
X-human
I ate my keys

I'm glad I read this softball in the mail early this morning so I'd be mindful the rest of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxfiend View Post
All joking aside, Puppet Master really does need to be rebooted and by some one that can put in good effects rather than the shoddy work FM has been doing on the last few.
There in lies the problem; David Allen was a lucky stroke for Charles Band.

And today a remake with a budget would undoubtedly be a CGI cluster.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:55 AM   #7
killit
Maniac

Yes!
killit is offline   Reply With Quote