Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 11-05-2011, 03:48 AM   #61
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
WTF-Films has posted a more positive review:http://wtf-film.com/site/2011/11/02/dead-alive/

They don't believe any DNR has been applied and if anything they make it sound like Lionsgate didn't touch it at all. I got it for $10.49 and didn't own it on DVD so I'm satisfied. I watched it in October keeping the 1.66:1 intended ratio in mind and never had any issue with the framing.
Yeah, I didn't notice any DNR either. But if it was, it was very minimal. There's actually a strong grain visible throughout the Blu-ray transfer, and it's definitely an improvement over the DVD.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #62
fceurich39
HackMaster

this looks to be OOP and going at expensive prices online i am sure glad i got this even though it isnt the longer version!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:46 AM   #63
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
this looks to be OOP and going at expensive prices online i am sure glad i got this even though it isnt the longer version!
Holy cow. Got my blu a while back luckily. Minimum USED asking price on amazon is $130. Ebay has a bit more reasonable prices, but I had no idea this went OOP.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:03 AM   #64
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviniFan View Post
Holy cow. Got my blu a while back luckily. Minimum USED asking price on amazon is $130. Ebay has a bit more reasonable prices, but I had no idea this went OOP.
This was going for $10.00 - $18.00 on eBay just a couple weeks ago. Retailers' backstock must've just dried up recently.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #65
Anaestheus
HackMaster

I can not believe that this is not going to be re-issued. It was always due for a good special edition and I can really only assume that it went out of print due to one being on the horizon. It's really too much of a watershed film from a landmark director to sit in the bin for long.
Anaestheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #66
fceurich39
HackMaster

it would be nice to see a triple feature or something like that with bad taste and meet the feebles remastered for blu-ray i remember hearing about that a few years back but nothing since
Old 02-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #67
f.ramses
Maniac

Real glad that I picked this up, it's a favorite. Let's just hope that when we see this again, we see it as Braindead!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #68
deepred
Maniac

Is it possible Olive will be releasing this? Didn't Lionsgate stop pressing Monster Squad and then Olive released it??
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #69
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Not possible. Dead Alive was released by Trimark in the US and it's library is owned by Lionsgate.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #70
fceurich39
HackMaster

yeah olive just got all of the republic library from paramount and lionsgate. dead alive was never republic it was always trimark/vidmark then lionsgate!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #71
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
yeah olive just got all of the republic library from paramount and lionsgate. dead alive was never republic it was always trimark/vidmark then lionsgate!!!
I often think of republic titles while I think of trimark titles, no idea why this is. Maybe because they produced similar quality DTV horror movies in the '90s? Just need to remember if I saw the lion or the eagle back in the day on VHS.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #72
russweiss
Maniac

Quote:
I always find Amazon's site amusing. You can buy a new copy for $49.95 but the cheapest used copy is selling for $124.95.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #73
X-human
I ate my keys

Reportedly Peter Jackson allowed the outgoing licenses to lapse and will work on restoring Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles and Braindead after finishing The Hobbit. Once completed they'll shop these around again.

I'd be willing to sell mine at those prices and should put it up on eBay shortly.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #74
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
Reportedly Peter Jackson allowed the outgoing licenses to lapse and will work on restoring Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles and Braindead after finishing The Hobbit. Once completed they'll shop these around again.
i feel like people said the same thing over a decade ago as justification of the lack of features on the anchor bay so-called special edition of Bad Taste. That he was busy working on LOTR, and would revisit the title "later". i hope that its true this time, i've avoided picking up any of them, hoping we'd eventually see something like an actual special edition for any of them.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:13 AM   #75
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Would be cool if Arrow got a hold of Braindead. For starters, they'd use the original (and best) title - always thought DEAD ALIVE sounded a bit silly. And we would surely get both cuts, something which would make it a definitive release and the main reason for me to upgrade. Then there's the artwork...
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote