Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #91
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateynate87 View Post
New years evil finally getting a release, maybe we'll see The Video Dead soon too
I'm waiting for that and House III (The Horror Show) and the remaining United Artists DePatie-Freleng cartoons (Tijuana Toads, Blue Racer, etc.).
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #92
Korngold
Stalker

Hey how is Windows? I watched the trailer and it looked good.

New Year's Evil is a buy. Just watched the trailer for caged fury and that looks like a buy...

international star Erik Estrada. lol

My DVDs

Last edited by Korngold; 05-19-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Korngold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #93
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Has anybody bought the Drive-In (1976) MOD disc by any chance?

I ordered it from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately all of their discs were flawed...and had a completely different movie pressed on the disc. I don't know if it's an Amazon or Sony fuckup, or if they're all that way from other retailers too.

But it seems to be out of stock everywhere else also, so I'm leaning to it being a Sony fuckup. There's some scalpers on ebay hawking sealed copies for inflated $$, but it wouldn't surprise me if their discs are screwed also.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #94
tropical marsh
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Has anybody bought the Drive-In (1976) MOD disc by any chance?

I ordered it from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately all of their discs were flawed...and had a completely different movie pressed on the disc. I don't know if it's an Amazon or Sony fuckup, or if they're all that way from other retailers too.

But it seems to be out of stock everywhere else also, so I'm leaning to it being a Sony fuckup. There's some scalpers on ebay hawking sealed copies for inflated $$, but it wouldn't surprise me if their discs are screwed also.
You could maybe try/contact WBshop.com. They sell Sony MODs, and have Drive-In on their site. Perhaps they have corrected copies...

Link: http://www.wbshop.com/product/drivei...ks&from=Search
Old 05-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #95
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Edgler Vess is finally coming to DVD! About time. No release date set yet, but you can pre-order it. CLICK HERE.

Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:50 AM   #96
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

^ That is such a great mini-series! If it were a legit DVD or blu-ray, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But I'm always reluctant to spring for these DV-Rs, especially at over $20 a piece.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:07 AM   #97
Marshall Crist
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical marsh View Post
You could maybe try/contact WBshop.com. They sell Sony MODs, and have Drive-In on their site. Perhaps they have corrected copies...

Link: http://www.wbshop.com/product/drivei...ks&from=Search
I just ordered it from oldies.com. I asked them about it and they said "the discs aren't made until you order them, and they ship from Sony." (Well, from the place that makes them and distributes them on Sony's behalf.) My copy shipped, and they were surely aware of the problem prior to shipping, so theroetically the it should have already been fixed if they are bothering to ship copies. But I guess we'll see! Nothing would surprise me.
Marshall Crist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:08 AM   #98
Copyboy
Maniac

I never even knew Intensity was made into a movie. Haven't read Koontz in years but would like to check this one out.

I'm happy to see that the 1984 mini-series Last Days of Pompeii is also coming! I LOVED that as a kid and have been hoping to see it again someday. Will probably be cheesy as hell, but it will be fun to revisit.
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #99
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
I just ordered it from oldies.com. I asked them about it and they said "the discs aren't made until you order them, and they ship from Sony." (Well, from the place that makes them and distributes them on Sony's behalf.) My copy shipped, and they were surely aware of the problem prior to shipping, so theroetically the it should have already been fixed if they are bothering to ship copies. But I guess we'll see! Nothing would surprise me.
Let me know if you get the correct movie on the disc. Surely they've fixed it if it was indeed a problem with those sold everywhere, but like you... nothing would surprise me.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #100
Stige
HackMaster

Intensity would be nice to have. I'm also praying for "The Dark Scret of Harvest Home" sometime soon, a person can dream.

with all these made on demand titles coming, I wonder, are special features for older titles a thing of the past?
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #101
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Somehow got looking for Scarecrows and that had gone to dv-r as well, but at least now in 3-D.

I just watched the real dvd a couple nights ago, and it looked very good. Can anyone comment on the quality of this MOD? The movie was obviously shot for 3-D, so this got me semi-curious, even though most home 3-D fails.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #102
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Somehow got looking for Scarecrows and that had gone to dv-r as well, but at least now in 3-D.

I just watched the real dvd a couple nights ago, and it looked very good. Can anyone comment on the quality of this MOD? The movie was obviously shot for 3-D, so this got me semi-curious, even though most home 3-D fails.
Scarecrows was shot for 3-D? That's news to me.

That release just looks highly questionable, to say the least. I don't believe the official MGM DVD is even out of print...

Old 05-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #103
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Scarecrows was shot for 3-D? That's news to me.

That release just looks highly questionable, to say the least. I don't believe the official MGM DVD is even out of print...

After watching it yesterday, it certainly looks like it was shot with 3-D in mind. There's almost always something in the foreground, and almost always multilevels of depth, all in focus. I never realized it before, but when I looked for it, it was pretty clear.

I thought the real disc was OOP, but it's the one that says "concert/music" on dvdpricesearch, which does appear to still be in print.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #104
Body Boy
HackMaster

No, Scarecrows was not shot in 3D. This is digital manipulation.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:06 AM   #105
Marshall Crist
Stalker

Quote:
Let me know if you get the correct movie on the disc. Surely they've fixed it if it was indeed a problem with those sold everywhere, but like you... nothing would surprise me.
Well, I got my copy of DRIVE-IN in the mail today, and on the disc was...DRIVE-IN. Damn, I love this movie. So nice to have an anamorphic copy. Bye bye, VHS pre-record. Great to see all those S. F. Brownrigg actors again, too.
Marshall Crist is offline   Reply With Quote