Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #46
Mikey Horror
HackMaster
 
Mikey Horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,097
Quick question for those who did not order directly from the distributor, did your DVD come with a slipcover? I was just wondering if that was a distributor exclusive also or if it was included no matter where you purchased it.
__________________
mikey-horror.dvdaf.com
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #47
ehorner
Screamy Bopper
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17
My copy from Amazon DID come with a slipcover.
ehorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #48
foller
Stalker
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 302
...and my copy from DVD Pacific also came with a slipcover
foller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #49
fceurich39
HackMaster
 
fceurich39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ira's Toys store
Posts: 7,720
mine should be here today in the mail with ZOMBIE BLU-RAY
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:41 AM   #50
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD
 
Chomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,454
I really enjoyed the hell out of this...after reading the engrossing The Complete History of the Return of the Living Dead, I really didn't think there would be much point to something like this,... but the documentary is very well written, extremely entertaining, and very informative. It would be engaging and really worth while for casual and die hard fans alike. I thought it was pretty spectacular that most of the cast was down for doing the documentary. Miguel is hilarious and I'm pretty sure Jewel was high as a kite...either way, she is still pretty doable.

I thought the best part of the whole thing was the final interview of Dan O' Bannon.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #51
Mortis
GARBAGE DAY!
 
Mortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 7,399
I'm an auto whore and I LOVE this movie, so the signed poster was a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingdude View Post
I ordered mine from the distributor as well and being in Canada paid $7.00 shipping.It's well worth it for the poster.I'm suprised at the people taking the cheaper price and not getting it.
__________________
Punish!
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #52
MorallySound
There is no magic.
 
MorallySound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingdude View Post
I ordered mine from the distributor as well and being in Canada paid $7.00 shipping.It's well worth it for the poster.I'm suprised at the people taking the cheaper price and not getting it.
Likewise. Just placed my order.
__________________
"Things only seem to be magic. There is no real magic. There's no real magic ever." - Martin

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #53
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!
 
Shannafey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
Posts: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
I really enjoyed the hell out of this...after reading the engrossing The Complete History of the Return of the Living Dead, I really didn't think there would be much point to something like this,... but the documentary is very well written, extremely entertaining, and very informative. It would be engaging and really worth while for casual and die hard fans alike. I thought it was pretty spectacular that most of the cast was down for doing the documentary. Miguel is hilarious and I'm pretty sure Jewel was high as a kite...either way, she is still pretty doable.

I thought the best part of the whole thing was the final interview of Dan O' Bannon.
Thought the same thing about the book. Thanks for posting this!!

Got mine in the mail. F**KING Barnes and Noble. The DVD was mailed in a crappy mailer and the amaray case was cracked and the slipsleeve bent. I'm just going to put it in a new amaray case, but I am going to send them a pissed off email. They have been doing this to me lately. My ROTLD book was a bit bent up too!!

Can't wait to watch it this week!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:03 AM   #54
killit
Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ATX
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Mine did as well, due for delivery on Monday.
Got the O-ring too, beautiful cover art as well


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey View Post
Thought the same thing about the book. Thanks for posting this!!

Got mine in the mail. F**KING Barnes and Noble. The DVD was mailed in a crappy mailer and the amaray case was cracked and the slipsleeve bent. I'm just going to put it in a new amaray case, but I am going to send them a pissed off email. They have been doing this to me lately. My ROTLD book was a bit bent up too!!

Can't wait to watch it this week!!
same here, mailer might even be too strong a word, mine was mailed in basically a small trash bag


I'm gonna watch tonight before bed!
killit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #55
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by killit View Post
same here, mailer might even be too strong a word, mine was mailed in basically a small trash bag
Mine came in the same type of package. I've never seen BN use such crappy packaging before, and I order from them all the time. Thankfully mine arrived intact and undamaged.

I might think twice about ordering any Criterion titles on the upcoming sale, and just grab them in the local store.
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #56
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester
 
evildeadfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,124
I received my last week, 2 days before expected delivery date from Amazon.com. Watched it last week. IT WAS AWESOME. Well worth getting, for everyone involved in the making of all 3 movies. I don't consider the 4th and 5th, even worth mentioning in the documentary, so a big THANK YOU to the guys who produced the documentary. LOVED IT. I didn't know that the actor who played Suicide had passed away just a few years after Return of The Living Dead.
__________________
Why have you disturbed our sleep? Awaken us from our ancient slumber? You will die! Like the others before you. One by one we will take you.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #57
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!
 
Shannafey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
Posts: 6,565
Watched it last night and LOVED it!! Great and well worth the money!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #58
fceurich39
HackMaster
 
fceurich39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ira's Toys store
Posts: 7,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey View Post
Watched it last night and LOVED it!! Great and well worth the money!!
i too enjoyed it but i wish they would of explained the alternate ending on the workprint why it was changed
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:23 AM   #59
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!
 
Shannafey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
Posts: 6,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
i too enjoyed it but i wish they would of explained the alternate ending on the workprint why it was changed
I've never seen that. What happens?
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #60
fceurich39
HackMaster
 
fceurich39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ira's Toys store
Posts: 7,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannafey View Post
I've never seen that. What happens?
ending just about same but a different narration saying what happened to the contaminatied dirt and it shows additional destruction footage
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com