Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 10-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #31
bloodthrill
Stalker

I am blown away by this...in addition to the cover art being awesome(utilizing what looks to be the original KNB FX "saw" head) the features absolutely floor me. When was the last time you saw auditions for a 20+ year-old horror flick available on a loaded S.E. disc?

About time this little late slasher-cycle sickie got its just due. Never-before-seen murder sequences? This doesn't sound like the Dragon work print stuff. I hope its part of the film, Like "Death Dorm".

In any case,Synapse hit this one outta the park. Cannot. Wait.

Last edited by bloodthrill; 10-08-2011 at 09:09 PM.
bloodthrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #32
bloodthrill
Stalker

I am blown away by this...in addition to the cover art being awesome(utilizing what looks to be the original KNB FX "saw" head) the features absolutely floor me. When was the last time you saw auditions for a 20+ year horror flick available on a loaded S.E. disc?

Synapse hit this one outta the park. Cannot. Wait.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:24 AM   #33
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthrill View Post
When was the last time you saw auditions for a 20+ year-old horror flick available on a loaded S.E. disc?
Synapse's release of Christmas Evil had audition tapes, including one for a pre-Poltergeist JoBeth Williams (who didn't make it into the movie).

And to the person who asked if it will be widescreen, this is a quote from Don May that Fangoria posted:
“We have uncovered the the original film materials and are in the process of scanning the uncut version in 2K HD."

So it sounds like a pretty safe bet that this will be a solid transfer.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:35 AM   #34
Mitbox
Stalker

Nice!, never thought this would make it to high def. that "early", since, if I remember correctly, it took a lot of time to get a release on DVD.

About the cover, did not like it, but I specially hate those stupid banners "from the producer of..." it ruins the cover for nerds like me who like the movies to look cute on the shelves. Does anyone wants a LP or CD with a banner on the cover? "from the producer of Britneys One more Time...".

Besides does someone actually on this internet era buy a movie by just looking at the cover and thinking "wow, this is produced by the same guy from Basterds and Pulp fiction, must be tarantino or something".

And now, what I don't understand is what is the DVD for? I thought they stopped doing that.
Mitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:25 AM   #35
Fall Break
Stalker

Preordered from amazon.ca for 20.99. Looking forward to this.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #36
Nailwraps
HackMaster

OMG! You're not going to believe this!:

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?op...ews&Itemid=167

"The upcoming Blu-ray/DVD combo release of INTRUDER (streeting December 13) will offer the chance to see, at long last, a fully uncensored, remastered version of Scott Spiegel’s cult gorefest. But there’s an even longer version of the movie out there, and a select number of fans will have the opportunity to view that as well.

Synapse Films has announced that it is making a special workprint version of INTRUDER (bearing its original title, NIGHT CREW: THE FINAL CHECKOUT) available on DVD-R. This edition of the supermarket-slasher film features even more gore, additional scenes and different editing, presented non-anamorphic without final music and sound FX, derived from Spiegel’s personal VHS copy. Only 500 of these individually burned discs will be issued, and will be sent to the first 500 people who order INTRUDER from Synapse’s website linked above.

“We want to give fans of the film something unique to relive the days when the only way to see the original uncut version of INTRUDER was through grey-market videocassettes,” says Synapse president Don May Jr. “So each disc will be individually burned for the customer, with a handwritten label and individually numbered from 1 to 500. Anyone who has already pre-ordered Synapse’s INTRUDER Blu-ray/DVD combo will have the DVD-R shipped to them along with their order. Once the 500 DVD-R discs are gone…they are gone.”

In addition to the restored feature, the INTRUDER Blu-ray/DVD includes commentary by Spiegel and producer Lawrence Bender, a documentary, excerpts from the original Super-8 version of NIGHT CREW and much more; go here for the full details. See Fango #309, on sale next month, for an interview with Spiegel and review of INTRUDER."
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #37
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
OMG! You're not going to believe this!:

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?op...ews&Itemid=167

"The upcoming Blu-ray/DVD combo release of INTRUDER (streeting December 13) will offer the chance to see, at long last, a fully uncensored, remastered version of Scott Spiegel’s cult gorefest. But there’s an even longer version of the movie out there, and a select number of fans will have the opportunity to view that as well.

Synapse Films has announced that it is making a special workprint version of INTRUDER (bearing its original title, NIGHT CREW: THE FINAL CHECKOUT) available on DVD-R. This edition of the supermarket-slasher film features even more gore, additional scenes and different editing, presented non-anamorphic without final music and sound FX, derived from Spiegel’s personal VHS copy. Only 500 of these individually burned discs will be issued, and will be sent to the first 500 people who order INTRUDER from Synapse’s website linked above.

“We want to give fans of the film something unique to relive the days when the only way to see the original uncut version of INTRUDER was through grey-market videocassettes,” says Synapse president Don May Jr. “So each disc will be individually burned for the customer, with a handwritten label and individually numbered from 1 to 500. Anyone who has already pre-ordered Synapse’s INTRUDER Blu-ray/DVD combo will have the DVD-R shipped to them along with their order. Once the 500 DVD-R discs are gone…they are gone.”

In addition to the restored feature, the INTRUDER Blu-ray/DVD includes commentary by Spiegel and producer Lawrence Bender, a documentary, excerpts from the original Super-8 version of NIGHT CREW and much more; go here for the full details. See Fango #309, on sale next month, for an interview with Spiegel and review of INTRUDER."
It´s already been posted, but still a great reminder.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #38
Stige
HackMaster

synapse films can't send anywhere outside north america ..................oh well
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #39
fceurich39
HackMaster

when do u guys think they will send out copies i usually get my synapse titles from diabolikdvd because they get them in early usually but this dvd-r is too good to pass up let me know anybody who ordered from synapse before?
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #40
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post
synapse films can't send anywhere outside north america ..................oh well
Don´t worry... it´s a DVD-R... soon enough it will be on the web.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #41
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Currently $12.59 at DeepDiscount, as posted in the other thread. Hell of a bargain!
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #42
indrid13
Stalker

Can't wait for this!

My Blog
My DVDs
indrid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:37 AM   #43
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
when do u guys think they will send out copies i usually get my synapse titles from diabolikdvd because they get them in early usually but this dvd-r is too good to pass up let me know anybody who ordered from synapse before?
This is only my first time ordering from them, but I'm pretty sure I've heard before that they send out their titles early to people who pre-order direct from them.

They do go ahead and bill your credit/debit card early when you place the order...in case anyone is wondering.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #44
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Currently $12.59 at DeepDiscount, as posted in the other thread. Hell of a bargain!
Yeah, a workprint dvr just isn't worth $17.40 to me, the diff in prices from ordering direct vs DD's current sale. When rips show up on the web, please share with us cheap bastards.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #45
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post
Yeah, I sent them the following e-mail last night...

"Hi.
I´m writing about the upcoming blu-ray release of "Intruder". I´ve noticed from your site that the version you´re selling has a bonus DVD-R but you only ship to America and Canada. I think this is a wrong move from your company to us that live in Europe and other parts of the Globe. While Synapse is an American company, you may well know that you have fans all over the world. Me, having all Synapse horror releases, and as a fan of Intruder, I´m very sad I can´t get this bonus DVD-R solely for the fact that I live in Europe. Like I said before, many Synapse fans and supporters also live in Europe so I think we should deserve a chance to get this bonus. A casual horror buyer can get this solely for the fact that he orders from this site because he lives in America, but, the European fans can´t because of where we live. Is there another way for people outside of America and Canada to get this edition with the bonus DVD-R?"

They replied with this...

"It’s not like it was OUR choice. You know, sometimes, the people who license us the movies forbid us selling outside of our licensed territory. We we buy the rights to a film, we don’t always own worldwide.
The North American only shipping was mandated in our contractual agreement."

I truly don´t think it´s a licensing issue because that would make the "Intruder" release "region A locked" and probably would be sold only on their site. I also don´t believe that the copyright owners would license the DVD-R workprint alone.