Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #106
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
I take back what I said about this show. At least about season 1. We ended up grabbing it used. I watched three episodes last night and I'm into it. Is the consensus that season 2 is as good as or better/worse than the first season?
It's weirder, and that's about all you could get a consensus on. Some like it more, some like it less, but it's definitely weirder.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #107
Anaestheus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
It's weirder, and that's about all you could get a consensus on. Some like it more, some like it less, but it's definitely weirder.
I liked Asylum a lot. But, where season 1 was more about shocking the audience with sex and violence, season 2 was more about insane plot twists. I can see that turning a lot of viewers off as some of those twists were so far out of left field that they practically wandered in from the hot dog stand across the street from the stadium. But, for me, that is what I like about the show, its unpredictability. And season 2 had a full deck of 57 cards of that.
Anaestheus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #108
Paff

Opening credits haven't even rolled, and we have an alligator pulling a guy away by his head. God I love this show.

Paff's Laserdiscs
Old 10-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #109
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Last night's episode was awesome

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #110
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

I am trying to be cautious with my joy; the series always seems to start off quite well and then fall apart halfway through for me. I really hope it won't be the case this time!

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #111
Paff

I was scratching my head when Edge of 17 played during the opening sequence, but then when Lily Rabe was talking to Zoe and had Rhiannon on in the background, I figured it out and laughed openly. I hope they do more things like that.

Paff's Laserdiscs
Old 10-18-2013, 01:52 AM   #112
vampyr789

I loved the inclusion of Stevie Nicks in the episode! Apparently Lily Rabe is closely connected with her throughout the season, so there will be more of that Paff!

Gotta say it, Lily Rabe very well may be my favorite recurring AHS actor next to Sarah Paulson. I can't wait to see where their characters go this year!

Old 10-18-2013, 02:24 AM   #113
deepred
Maniac

I love Lily Rabe and Stevie Nicks! Rabe is such an incredible actress. She really wowed me during Season 2. She was completely convincing as a naive woman-child and a demonic entity. Not only that, she played the '20s ditz from first season completely different from either of those roles. This season she's very ethereal and again shows a completely new side. She's a real cameleon.

I admired Sarah Paulson's performance in Asylum, she goes through a harrowing journey and makes it all feel 100% credible. I really felt stuck there with Lana - her performance drew me in. Her and Zachary Quinto's scenes were intense.

Jessica Lange is always great but Fiona hasn't quite grabbed me yet like Constance and Sister Jude.

I am actually enjoying Emma Roberts and look forward to more Frances Conroy and Alexandra Breckenridge. Not to mention, Bassett and Bates - I love that this show gets really strong actors.

Last edited by deepred; 10-18-2013 at 04:18 AM.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #114
vampyr789

I agree, Sarah Paulson's performance in Asylum was exceptional. She really should've won that Emmy. As much as I love Ellen Burstyn, Paulson really deserved it.

I can't wait to see how they use Frances Conroy, she had only a couple of lines in the first episode and already I love her. She and Lily seem to have the REALLY different characters this season

Old 10-18-2013, 02:46 AM   #115
zompirejoe
Maniac

I am really pleased as well with the beginnings of this season ! Voodoo curses, necromancy, alligators eating people, and a minotaur , a goddamned minotaur ! Lily Rabe and Sarah Paulson are fantastic, as is the rest of the cast. I cannot wait to see what's next !
zompirejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:58 AM   #116
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepred View Post

I...look forward to more Frances Conroy...
She looks amazingly awesome this season, what little we saw of her in the 1st episode. Her name is one of the first in the credits, so I hope they include her again very soon.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:07 AM   #117
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Breck View Post
I am trying to be cautious with my joy; the series always seems to start off quite well and then fall apart halfway through for me. I really hope it won't be the case this time!
Same here. But these first episodes are already really good. I'll probably buy the Blu-ray when it's released. That's how much I already like this season.

--

Episode 1 and 2 stuff with SPOILERS!

I think this will be the best season of the show yet. It's like a real show instead of the whole "let's see how crazy we can get and how far we can push things" of the past two seasons. But they do push things in this show pretty far for normal TV. There was tons of good dialog with all the characters. I like Emma Roberts character the most. That dinner scene was funny. I've never seen her in anything before. I think her Nancy Drew movie is on my list. Also, Scream 4 but I haven't seen Scream 3 yet. It was surprising what happened to her. I didn't catch how they were able to drug her. Perhaps the drink and one of the girls was in on it? You hear about this sort of thing happening a lot in the news these days and how people brag about it on the Internet. It's really disgusting behavior. What she did was more than warranted and it was a great shot too.

Madison is just awesome. She's the girl with a dangerous side that you just let slide because she's so cool and hot. You even see how dangerous she is when Fiona mentions her mass murder and then we really get to see the results a scene later. Yet the shot with her in her undies made me 99% sure I wanted the Blu-ray. Most girls can't pull off the animal print bikini. But wow. Plus she drives the new Jaguar. And even with her smoking dope in public during the day like it's no big deal and abandoning her roommate. You just have to like her. The conflict between her and Queenie is great. I'm sure there will be a real blow up later.

This season already has more interesting stuff compared to the previous two. Maybe it's just the whole theme of witches and the setting. But this is far better than I expected it was going to be. I love the new theme song too. And the songs in Episode 2. I used to listen to the second one a lot when I was young. It's funny that the singer is supposed to be a witch. It's like all the actors and writers are on their game. And so much crazy stuff is going on in the show. I can't wait for episode 3. And to see what the real life Minotaur will do!

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 10-24-2013 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Added additional thoughts.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #118
Paff

and season 4 will be happening:

http://m.deadline.com/2013/11/fxs-am...-fourth-cycle/

Paff's Laserdiscs
Old 11-07-2013, 03:10 AM   #119
vampyr789

Quote: