Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 03-11-2012, 05:23 AM   #61
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
So you will have to triple dip on this film pffft F that!
Nope, because I thankfully didn't get stung with that piece of shit Elite put out. I'll be getting the new restored version
Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #62
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Nope, because I thankfully didn't get stung with that piece of shit Elite put out. I'll be getting the new restored version
Oh dude Elite, Echo Bridge, Milcreek, Miramax-Lionsgate etc. all mostly garbage. Though the Evil Dead 2 blu released by Lionsgate was very good. These companies are mostly shit with they're upconverted DNR crap.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #63
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinkinstein View Post
Looks good, I just hope there's some kind of replacement program for those of us stuck with the terrible first release.
Slim chance probably, unless it's going to be Elite releasing it again. I never even opened mine, and sold it...making a few extra bucks even.

I'll wait for some solid positive reviews before I buy another Blu-ray release of the film.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #64
Kolpitz
Purely and Simply Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Oh dude Elite, Echo Bridge, Milcreek, Miramax-Lionsgate etc. all mostly garbage. Though the Evil Dead 2 blu released by Lionsgate was very good. These companies are mostly shit with they're upconverted DNR crap.
The Miramax / Lionsgate releases have all been solid, with quite a few being excellent. I haven't had any problems with them.

My DVD Collection

Everybody's Doing It

Be a Follower

The Films I've Watched: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Kolpitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #65
Jeremy
Closet SCREAM fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
There's only another version in the works because the owner (possibly director?) of the film was incredibly dissatisfied with how the Elite blu looked and the response it was getting. This lead him to source out the original negatives to put together an actual hi-def transfer.
To put this a little more clearly, the owner/director was perfectly fine with the transfer (and repeatedly defended it) until people started bitching about it wholesale and posting that they were returning their copies unopened. Then suddenly he seemed to get religion and decide that a new transfer was just what was needed. Don May claims that the reason he moved the rights to Elite was because he wanted to make more money on the property, so obviously if people were returning their copies en mass that was never going to work!
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #66
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
To put this a little more clearly, the owner/director was perfectly fine with the transfer (and repeatedly defended it) until people started bitching about it wholesale and posting that they were returning their copies unopened. Then suddenly he seemed to get religion and decide that a new transfer was just what was needed. Don May claims that the reason he moved the rights to Elite was because he wanted to make more money on the property, so obviously if people were returning their copies en mass that was never going to work!
There you go. I didn't know the whole story. That also explains why people are still skeptical of this new transfer. Still, I can't imagine it being worse.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #67
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Here's an update on the new transfer: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=252

Quote:
Well, after doing a bunch of tests, I'm just not happy with the grain situation. Some scenes are fantastic, but others are so-so. I know most of you here say you don't mind grain...but I hate it. Still tryin' stuff...I'll keep yuz posted....
Err... yeah, I'm definitely gonna wait for some solid reviews first if this ever gets re-released.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #68
X-human
I ate my keys

Two steps forward, two steps back.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #69
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
Two steps forward, two steps back.
Don't worry. The people on Bluray.com forum are all saying that no one likes a waxy image and that grain is fine, so hopefully he uses that advise.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #70
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Revised edition forthcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfxted View Post
Ok...I'm getting more news today or tomorrow, but this is what I know now.
The new release date is October 23rd, BUT, the new copies will be sent to the distributors within 10 days.
All the original copies at MVD and Elite have been destroyed. There are still a few copies left out there at various distributors. (very few as most sold out)
If you want to be sure you're getting the new version, just order from SEEOFSOUND.COM ...that is MVD's website and they will only be sending the new version. You can tell it's the new version by the intro. I did it on my deck instead of in a dark room!
If you want to return the version you have...first send it back as defective from where you got it. (there is one white frame at the end, so you say there is a flash if asked) If, for some reason, you can't return it there, in 2 weeks, send it back directly to Elite. lol...then I will take these copies and sell them at conventions as a premium collector item. Also, when someone brings this original version to a convention I'm at...I have freebies for them.
I had this new copy screened next to the Synapse version and it looked better. I'll wait to see what some of you have to say when you screen it. There is still grain in the beginning and in a few places....I'm sure that makes you happy.
Well, that's it until I get more info including the specs.
Thanks for your support. We're still working on the comic book and probably a sequel (maybe a Kickstarter thing!) Thanks also for all your private emails and kind comments. (you know who you are!) I know there are a lot of jerks out there, but don't worry, they don't bother me.---T
Credit: Blu-Ray.com: The Deadly Spawn - February 7, 2012
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #71
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

This seems like a really lame way of replacing disks. Return them once the new edition is in stock. What about the people who bought it months ago? You can't just return things whenever you want
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:47 PM   #72
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
This seems like a really lame way of replacing disks. Return them once the new edition is in stock. What about the people who bought it months ago? You can just return things whenever you want
Quote:
Hi.
First try to return to Amazon. I'll find out the return details soon.
If you just want to get the new version...either wait a few weeks and order from Amazon, etc...or go to SEEOFSOUND.COM and order now. They will only send the new copy. As I find out more, I'll post.
Quote:
Yes Mar3o...if Amazon won't let you make a return. (I have made returns after quite a while...I buy Blu-Rays and sometimes don't look at them for a month or more...if they are defective, I return them)
Anyway, if that is the case, just wait a few weeks and send it to Elite Ent. They will send out a new one.
Thanks.---T
He doesn't have full return details available yet from Elite. I'm pretty sure retailers like Amazon won't take returns on an item that was purchased over 8 months ago, regardless of how legitimate your reasoning is. I can only imagine that there would have to be some sort of return plan on Elite's part forthcoming.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:42 AM   #73
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
I had this new copy screened next to the Synapse version and it looked better. I'll wait to see what some of you have to say when you screen it. There is still grain in the beginning and in a few places....I'm sure that makes you happy.
There's still some grain? Uh-huh. I'll wait and hear some reviews before I even think of buying this "updated" Blu-ray.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #74
napalm baby
Screamy Bopper

I got an email this morning to say my new transfer of The Deadly Spawn as shipped from the USA to replace my shoddy Elite blu ray
napalm baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #75
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Is there an exchange program in place for this cause I bought the first piece of shit.