Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-11-2015, 08:50 PM   #1
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

James Wan's Demonic

I've been a big fan of James Wan since Saw and I would say he is the best mainstream horror movie director working today. But, I wish he would start to branch out more and start to move away from strictly doing supernatural related films. What is even worse is that this particular film doesn't even look that good. I'm aware he is not directing this film, but with his name attached to this as a producer I think he is just pigeon holing himself as the "Ghost Movie" guy. I doubt I will see this in theaters, but if the reception is good enough I may just check it out when it hits DVD. Check below for the trailer and original poster art (the film was originally under the title "House Of Horror").

Official Trailer

Old 01-11-2015, 09:45 PM   #2
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Hasn't Wan just got off directing Fast and Furious 7? If that's not branching g out from horror, well......
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:18 AM   #3
Anaestheus
HackMaster

I like Wan overall, but every time I see "Director Presents" I assume that the picture is crap. With the occasional exception of del Toro, I don't think any noted director has ever "presented" a film that I thought was good.

Also, I didn't realize that Wan directed Furious 7, which actually looks pretty sweet. I thought it was another Justin Lin film. Now I am looking forward to it even more.
Anaestheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:04 PM   #4
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buechlers_beard View Post
Hasn't Wan just got off directing Fast and Furious 7? If that's not branching g out from horror, well......
Since the tragic death of Paul Walker that Fast & Furious 7 is a supernatural action movie o Wan was the right choice for it.