Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 01-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #16
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanemyer774 View Post
Son of a bitch!! I didn't pull the trigger on it
Your're not alone!! Shit, I would have grabbed this. Wish I had seen this post earlier!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Interesting that they timed this release for the same week as The Hunger Games movie. I imagine Anchor Bay wouldn't have even bothered releasing it otherwise.

Not that I'm complaining.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:52 AM   #18
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
The sale price has ended. This had better not be another mistake where they don't honor the discount.
Hope you guys get that deal. It's a helluva bargain, but it does sound like a pricing error.

That said, I was on Amazon this week buying bicycle parts (is there anything you CAN'T get on that site?), and as I was filling my cart, they suggested that I might be interested in the Battle Royale Complete Collection Blu-Ray. Curse them, they were right! Except for me it was $36.

Still ordered it anyway...

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #19
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Hope you guys get that deal. It's a helluva bargain, but it does sound like a pricing error.

That said, I was on Amazon this week buying bicycle parts (is there anything you CAN'T get on that site?), and as I was filling my cart, they suggested that I might be interested in the Battle Royale Complete Collection Blu-Ray. Curse them, they were right! Except for me it was $36.

Still ordered it anyway...
They still have my order pending. I think they would have caught it by now. Speaking of which, the Bond box set is on there for only $199.99. It was much more than that the other day. Needless to say I preordered it.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:02 AM   #20
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Review of the single-disc release:
http://www.avmaniacs.com/blog/

Review of the Complete Collection:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6270..._complete.html
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #21
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

DVD Talk review of the Complete Collection: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/53686...te-collection/
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:50 AM   #22
Nailwraps
HackMaster

DVDBeaver comparison:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-r...le_blu-ray.htm
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #23
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
The colours look much better on the Anchor Bay release in my opinion, much more natural.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #24
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
The colours look much better on the Anchor Bay release in my opinion, much more natural.
Yes, I much prefer Anchor Bay´s color.
On the other hand, it looses that "asian film stock" look.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #25
othervoice1
HackMaster

I have never seen this (Which shocks me since I am a big fan of asian horror/thrillers) I am not sure if I should shell out the extra money on the complete collection or just buy the individual blu-ray. 16.99 for the individual release, 32.99 for the complete collection right now on amazon. Is the 2nd one decent enough to want to see? And does anyone know what the extras are compared from the individual release vs the complete collection? Decisions, decisions.....
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #26
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Nice job AB....so glad I held off from buying Arrow's release. I just couldn't justify it after reading some of the negatives in a couple of reviews. And after seeing the screen comparisons its good to know I made the right choice. Maybe I should hold off on the Demon Blu releases as well.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #27
Chomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by othervoice1 View Post
I have never seen this (Which shocks me since I am a big fan of asian horror/thrillers) I am not sure if I should shell out the extra money on the complete collection or just buy the individual blu-ray. 16.99 for the individual release, 32.99 for the complete collection right now on amazon. Is the 2nd one decent enough to want to see? And does anyone know what the extras are compared from the individual release vs the complete collection? Decisions, decisions.....
I've never seen the sequel and frankly I don't want to. I think it would lessen the theatrical "punch" the original has. Plus I've read enough negative reviews to keep me away. So I just bought the single disc.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #28
X-human
I ate my keys

I'm surprised Anchor Bay has a significantly different transfer and this confirms my suspicions that Arrow does additional video tinkering to almost all their releases with piss poor results. Arrow releases aren't worth it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by othervoice1 View Post
Is the 2nd one decent enough to want to see? And does anyone know what the extras are compared from the individual release vs the complete collection? Decisions, decisions.....
The 2nd one is really awful. I heard it was bad but figured, "How bad could it be? Anyways as a life long MSTie I love bad films." So I was going to buy it when a friend lent it to me specifically because he knew I wouldn't buy it if I saw it first. He was absolutely right. I own over 5000 DVDs, many of them Japanese schlock, and I'm so glad I didn't waste any money on it.

With that said I'd probably buy the collector's edition anyways. Apparently the stand alone version includes only the extended "Special Edition" which I don't think is as strong as the original theatrical cut. Since I own the Arrow version I'm going to hold out because Anchor Bay does own the rights to the 3D version as well. They all might come out together when Hunger Games comes to Blu or Hunger Games 2 comes out or whatever.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #29
Chomp

Fuck....the single disc only contains the Director's Cut? That's stupid...looks like I'm going to have to grab the special additiom now.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:13 AM   #30
othervoice1
HackMaster

Cool thanks guys- ill probably just pick up the complete/collectors edition and if I get around to watching the 2nd one prepare myself for a really bad movie
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle royale