Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #76
Agentsusp
Stalker
 
Agentsusp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Posts: 275
Watched Adjust Your Tracking this weekend and really enjoyed it. It didn't have the historical/informational aspect that I liked about Rewind This, but they were nice companion pieces. I particularly loved the guy with the Video store in his basement.

The short films about specific stores closing that are part of the extras are really great (although pretty sad)
Agentsusp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #77
Paff
Moderator
 
Paff's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,322
So, I finally saw Rewind This a couple of days ago.

I liked it, although it seemed a bit hipster-ish, where everybody was into something just because it was outmoded (like say, Pabst Blue Ribbon beer). I really don't agree that you have to have VHS as a movie viewing medium. Hell, I'm a well known fan of laserdisc, and I do love my LDs, but I know they're inferior and passe.

Although I did like when they pointed out that you could tell a nude scene was coming in a rental tape by the tracking and video noise right before the scene due to so many people rewinding and restarting the tape.

My favorite part of the whole movie was Frank Henenlotter showed the cover for House of Whipcord and saying you had to see the movie by the artwork alone. Pretty much exactly what I said about that film in my top ten list back in October. It was kinda spooky, actually.
__________________
CINEMA PAFF - Your BB-Movie Showcase *

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:03 AM   #78
sade
Victim
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
My favorite part of the whole movie was Frank Henenlotter showed the cover for House of Whipcord and saying you had to see the movie by the artwork alone.

Is that the one where he shows a Criterion release and points out that their artwork sucks

Have you watched "Adjust Your Tracking" by any chance?
sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #79
Paff
Moderator
 
Paff's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade View Post
Is that the one where he shows a Criterion release and points out that their artwork sucks

Have you watched "Adjust Your Tracking" by any chance?
He doesn't show a Criterion release, but he does rag on their artwork.

I've not seen Adjust Your Tracking yet.
__________________
CINEMA PAFF - Your BB-Movie Showcase *

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #80
baggio
HackMaster
 
baggio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
So, I finally saw Rewind This a couple of days ago.

I liked it, although it seemed a bit hipster-ish, where everybody was into something just because it was outmoded (like say, Pabst Blue Ribbon beer). I really don't agree that you have to have VHS as a movie viewing medium. Hell, I'm a well known fan of laserdisc, and I do love my LDs, but I know they're inferior and passe.

Although I did like when they pointed out that you could tell a nude scene was coming in a rental tape by the tracking and video noise right before the scene due to so many people rewinding and restarting the tape.

My favorite part of the whole movie was Frank Henenlotter showed the cover for House of Whipcord and saying you had to see the movie by the artwork alone. Pretty much exactly what I said about that film in my top ten list back in October. It was kinda spooky, actually.
I liked that part too. Dying to see that old guy's (forgot his name) warehouse of VHS. He had just about everything for sale.

How about the guy with the Sam Rothstein glasses?
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com