Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #76
Agentsusp
Stalker

Watched Adjust Your Tracking this weekend and really enjoyed it. It didn't have the historical/informational aspect that I liked about Rewind This, but they were nice companion pieces. I particularly loved the guy with the Video store in his basement.

The short films about specific stores closing that are part of the extras are really great (although pretty sad)
Agentsusp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #77
Paff

So, I finally saw Rewind This a couple of days ago.

I liked it, although it seemed a bit hipster-ish, where everybody was into something just because it was outmoded (like say, Pabst Blue Ribbon beer). I really don't agree that you have to have VHS as a movie viewing medium. Hell, I'm a well known fan of laserdisc, and I do love my LDs, but I know they're inferior and passe.

Although I did like when they pointed out that you could tell a nude scene was coming in a rental tape by the tracking and video noise right before the scene due to so many people rewinding and restarting the tape.

My favorite part of the whole movie was Frank Henenlotter showed the cover for House of Whipcord and saying you had to see the movie by the artwork alone. Pretty much exactly what I said about that film in my top ten list back in October. It was kinda spooky, actually.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:03 AM   #78
sade
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
My favorite part of the whole movie was Frank Henenlotter showed the cover for House of Whipcord and saying you had to see the movie by the artwork alone.

Is that the one where he shows a Criterion release and points out that their artwork sucks

Have you watched "Adjust Your Tracking" by any chance?
sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #79
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade View Post
Is that the one where he shows a Criterion release and points out that their artwork sucks

Have you watched "Adjust Your Tracking" by any chance?
He doesn't show a Criterion release, but he does rag on their artwork.

I've not seen Adjust Your Tracking yet.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #80
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
So, I finally saw Rewind This a couple of days ago.

I liked it, although it seemed a bit hipster-ish, where everybody was into something just because it was outmoded (like say, Pabst Blue Ribbon beer). I really don't agree that you have to have VHS as a movie viewing medium. Hell, I'm a well known fan of laserdisc, and I do love my LDs, but I know they're inferior and passe.

Although I did like when they pointed out that you could tell a nude scene was coming in a rental tape by the tracking and video noise right before the scene due to so many people rewinding and restarting the tape.

My favorite part of the whole movie was Frank Henenlotter showed the cover for House of Whipcord and saying you had to see the movie by the artwork alone. Pretty much exactly what I said about that film in my top ten list back in October. It was kinda spooky, actually.
I liked that part too. Dying to see that old guy's (forgot his name) warehouse of VHS. He had just about everything for sale.

How about the guy with the Sam Rothstein glasses?
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote