Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 02-12-2012, 02:04 AM   #16
sinister
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
Yes, subs on the french release of Tenebrae are forced on the English and Italian track but they can be easily disabled on a computer and on certain players... my PC and my Denon can disable them, while my PS3 can´t.
Interesting, thanks, I think I'll give that a try and order the French disc as I haven't heard anything about any other version in the pipeline. I can probably hack the firmware on my Oppo player if it comes to that, to force the subs off anyway.

And yeah, opinions on specific disc transfers are very subjective, it's good to hear everyones view.
sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:11 AM   #17
killit
Maniac

Unhappy

Best place for us customers to order? Amazon has a good price on 2 but 1is kinda pricey
killit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:34 AM   #18
x666x
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by killit View Post
Best place for us customers to order? Amazon has a good price on 2 but 1is kinda pricey
Noticed that, also. That's why I held off so far.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:42 AM   #19
maniac666
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killit View Post
DiabolikDvd usually have good price for those beautiful Arrow blus!And that's once again true with those releases!
http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/...lu~ray%29.html

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/...lu~ray%29.html
Old 02-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #20
f.ramses
Maniac

The best place for US customers to get UK releases is Amazon UK. The shipping usually costs the same as domestic and gets here almost as fast (usually...) + the price you see on the site will get reduced when you specify to ship to North America because VAT is removed from the prices for us. It will cost only 29.05GBP ($45.72) for both after shipping from Amazon UK.

Last edited by f.ramses; 02-12-2012 at 05:06 PM.
f.ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #21
maniac666
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
The best place for US customers to get UK releases is Amazon UK. The shipping usually costs the same as domestic and gets here almost as fast (usually...) + the price you see on the site will get reduced when you specify to ship to North America because VAT is removed from the prices for us. It will cost only 29.05GBP ($45.72) for both after shipping from Amazon UK.
Thx!!I never ordered from the UK,but i guess it's pretty safe since it's Amazon.45$ for both,that's a good deal!!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #22
cjg
Maniac

Is it cheaper to order from Amazon UK ?
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #23
killit
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
Yeah, I agree. It was just weird with the six pound difference between 1&2 (insert demons 2 joke here). I had a horribly long shipping experience with amazon uk years ago plus international bank abd conversion fees BUT Ive heard nothing but good feedback about shipping times and they have this new built in currency converter that supposedly charges us in whatever currency our native card uses thus no bank fees. The DVDs are only 9.99 each too, pretty good deal but I have to try to the blues , really hope the elements were worth the wait. I NEVER buy optical media anymore (except for gifts, files seem so cheap lol) so I'm pretty excited to get these.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #24
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Yeah Amazon UK has always been great...sucks I cannot order from them anymore. My bank blocks all access from foreign transactions. If I want to purchase an out of country item, I have to call my bank in which they will lift the block for 24 hours. After that time period, it resumes being blocked until I call again.

I had a bunch of pre orders too. I have had to resort to using Diabolik DVD, which is good, but their prices are kind of high and their stock goes quick.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #25
f.ramses
Maniac

My experience has always been good with Amazon UK, generally I get my stuff in 1 - 2 weeks and there are rarely issues unless they're with the postal service itself. I did have one package from a 3rd party seller not show up but they gave me an instant refund as soon as I finished filling out the claim form. I might actually put that towards these.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #26
Demoni
HackMaster

After Arrow´s past with their Italian movie releases I will not pre-order this... I need at least two good reviews to convince me otherwise.

Better to have a good upscale DVD than a bad blu-ray.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #27
maniac666
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
After Arrow´s past with their Italian movie releases I will not pre-order this... I need at least two good reviews to convince me otherwise.

Better to have a good upscale DVD than a bad blu-ray.
Yeah but the Demons and Demons 2 dvd from Anchor Bay are like 10 years old and they look pretty bad on my 52'inch!So i think anything will be better!!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #28
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac666 View Post
Yeah but the Demons and Demons 2 dvd from Anchor Bay are like 10 years old and they look pretty bad on my 52'inch!So i think anything will be better!!
both demons and demons 2 were rereleased on dvd from anchor bay a few years ago with better transfers i think 2007
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:46 AM   #29
x666x
HackMaster

The packaging on Arrow releases tend to be so good that even if the transfers are mediocre, I will be happy and also have a reason to buy the North American versions as well - whenever they get a release.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 AM   #30
killit
Maniac

Yeah, the comics and commentaries and cool packaging and hi def sold me. Perhaps not just one but with all I can't resist