Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 02-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #46
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Sorry folks, but the Demons BD:s will be region B locked.
Got the news from the Cult-Labs forum.
man alot of people are gonna pissed in USA and Canada and if they buy both demons 1 and 2 it wont play unless they have an all region player???
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #47
JGrendel
HackMaster

Well then does anyone know if Anchor Bay or Blue Underground will be releasing these in the near future?
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #48
Steel76
Maniac

There was some talk, about a year or two ago, about that MAYBE Anchor Bay would release them.
Since Arrow had to regionlock the discs because of the licensors decision, it might be a sign that A.B. are actually gonna release them in a near future.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #49
JGrendel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
There was some talk, about a year or two ago, about that MAYBE Anchor Bay would release them.
Since Arrow had to regionlock the discs because of the licensors decision, it might be a sign that A.B. are actually gonna release them in a near future.
That would be cool, hopefully they won't be the disaster that Evil Dead II into.
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #50
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrendel View Post
That would be cool, hopefully they won't be the disaster that Evil Dead II into.
i doubt it since evil dead II was one of the very first blu titles to come out through anchor bay. i wouldnt mind a blu-ray double feature of demons 1 and 2 rather than individual releases as long as picture and sound is great and i dont really care for special features!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #51
Steel76
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrendel View Post
I wouldn´t worry about that. Their "Evil Dead 1" and "I Spit on the Grave" BD:s look amazing
Old 02-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #52
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Well...this sucks. I'm so sick and tired of this region coding bullshit. This has probably been asked a million times, but could someone be so kind as to save me some time and aggravation and recommend the cheapest and easiest way to come across a region free or region hackable blu-ray player. These were my most anticipated releases of the year and there is no way in hell Anchor Bay is going to release them here. They're too busy wasting blu-ray discs on masterpieces like "Super Hybrid" and "Metal Shifters" which I'm sure are setting the store shelves on fire.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 02-25-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:50 AM   #53
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

I don't mind the region locking as I have two sets of blu-ray software on my PC. One is PowerDVD 11 which I have set to region A, and the other is TotalMedia Theater 5 which I have set to region B. My PC is hooked up to my Hitachi 42" 1080p LCD, so I'm set for these releases.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #54
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I just fired off a nasty email to Anchor Bay. It wont do a damn bit of good, but it was cathartic at least. If a company doesn't want to release a certain title, that's fine with me, but license it out to someone who will. It pisses me off to no extent when a distributor just sits on a title for no good reason. If Blue Underground and Synapse are making money with their releases, how the hell can people like Anchor Bay sit on titles like Re-Animator, Phantasm, Silent Night, Deadly Night, Demons, Demons 2 and God knows what else. There's money to be made all around. I just don't get it.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 02-25-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #55
killit
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Well...this sucks. I'm so sick and tired of this region coding bullshit. This has probably been asked a million times, but could someone be so kind as to save me some time and aggravation and recommend the cheapest and easiest way to come across a region free or region hackable blu-ray player. These were my most anticipated releases of the year and there is no way in hell Anchor Bay is going to release them here. They're too busy wasting blu-ray discs on masterpieces like "Super Hybrid" and "Metal Shifters" which I'm sure are setting the store shelves on fire.
I agree man, I'll be buying the dvds as a result of, I was so excited about the hi-def since it was restored form the negative but I just can't justify the 499 for an oppo and I guess a mod chip for some 80-179? My laserdisc days ate all my money and i've learned from that experience I have to set a price limit on this stuff. I slip up like when I Spent 600 on the original ps3 only to play iOS games and watch almost all my movies on a $99 apple tv2
killit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #56
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I'm going to go ahead and get them anyway. Apparently the first wave of these are limited (with all of Arrow's packaging and swag) and all releases after that will just be standard blu-ray packaging). I'll eventually go region free and I don't want to run the risk of the limited editions being long gone and selling for ridiculous prices when I do. The region free players are slowly getting cheaper and it's only a matter of time before I can grab one in my price range.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 02-25-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #57
Katatonia
Master of Doom

You can buy a multi-region BR player for not too much over $100 now...

And if you have a PC drive, you can easily make it region free with freeware.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #58
hots4
Stalker

the panasonic range bd30, bd35, bd75 are available with mod chips, region free, i have 2 region free players, a limit player and the bd30 and it's a great model.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:47 AM   #59
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

How does the whole mod chip thing work? Meaning how much are the mod chips and how much would it cost to install? I know nothing about the inner workings of these machines. I already miss the good old days of the simple DVD remote hack.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:35 AM   #60
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

Wait a minute, so if I'm understanding this right, Arrow is going to:

1) Region-lock ALL their releases starting With Demons? (and reissue priors as Region B?)
2) Abandon specialty packaging in favor of standard cases??

Boy, is this one of biggest head-scratchers or what!? Seriously, what the fuck? A someone said above, don't they want to make money? Synapse probably had something to do with this. They probably made a big stink over Arrow coming out with the same movies before theirs. Well, there goes two of my most anticipated Blu's of the year. Anchor Bay, are ya up to some brown nosing?
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote