Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
hellraiser40
Maniac

help / advice needed - Deadly Knowledge (20xx)

hi all!

yesterday, i've finished writing a movie script, called Deadly Knowledge

the last year or so, i've been doing this as a creative form of expressing myself and provide a much needed burst of self-gratification, in other words, it makes me feel good

now, i've written 2 scripts in that time, a first one called The Blood Mutant (which is crap ) and now this one, which i think is quite good, like solid

i could leave it at that, but i have a dream : i want to sell it for a credit and also some money

now, as you could probably see here, i don't know shit about the business side, where to send it to, what i should look out for, and i've noticed that some people on this forum have dabbled in the art of moviemaking before, so i wanted to get some advice

* can i just send a script in to studios, producers,...?
* are there known mail adresses to do so?
* what should i look out for?
* do i need to do something extra?

i fully realize that there are probably 100s of scripts send each day, maybe each hour, i accept that my dream might be cruelly trampled and crushed, but i want to give it a try, so any help would be much appreciated!
hellraiser40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
scott71670
Maniac

Even at this stage of the game I want to say: CONGRATULATIONS CONGRAUTLATIONS CONGRATULATIONS!!! Even if it gets no further than this, you still got farther than most. I have no resources to help you other than to express how proud of you I am.
scott71670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
hellraiser40
Maniac

Thanks for that!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
hellraiser40
Maniac

for those who want to know a bit more about it => this is a blog i've started a while back about my first script (The Blood Mutant), it doesn't get updated as much anymore, sometimes i talk about other things too and you can see a little picture of my beautiful face

http://bloodmutant.blogspot.be/
Old 04-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #5
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Just an educated guess here, but I would think if you just "shutgunned" your script (send it out unannounced, what we called it in music at least) then a studio could just steal it from you if not protected. Not sure what protection entitles for scripts, but definitely look into that before unwillingly giving your writing away.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #6
Mok
Helena Harper

No idea at all but venturing a guess, I would suggest maybe raising some funds and shooting a "sizzle reel" yourself. Something like a long trailer. That may help get things moving or make you stand out from the rest. It seems like if you went about doing things yourself you may be able to convince people better.

You know that Oculus film coming out? This is how it started:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKBrcQUivcg
Mok is online now   Reply With Quote