Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-05-2013, 01:14 AM   #16
We Are 138
Screamy Bopper

Will keep an eye out for it, the book was the first thing I put on my Kindle.
We Are 138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #17
fceurich39
HackMaster

check it out http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.co...cumentary.html
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:01 AM   #18
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Lost interest once I read it will be Blu-ray only.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:21 AM   #19
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
It makes perfect sense. A DVD of just the 7 hour doc without bonus features will fill 2 discs. They want to release the best edition possible in the most cost effective way (they are independently distributing the film) so they decided to go Blu-ray only. After how amazing Never Sleep Again was, I would think this release will convert more horror fans to Blu than it will be shunned by them. This is my most anticipated release (including theatrical films) of the year.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #20
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
It makes perfect sense. A DVD of just the 7 hour doc without bonus features will fill 2 discs. They want to release the best edition possible in the most cost effective way (they are independently distributing the film) so they decided to go Blu-ray only. After how amazing Never Sleep Again was, I would think this release will convert more horror fans to Blu than it will be shunned by them. This is my most anticipated release (including theatrical films) of the year.
Still going to pass.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #21
Nailwraps
HackMaster

"as the DVD format is not only out of date and going extinct in the near future" my ass! I find that hurtful (DVD ain't going extinct for a while). It is a shame though that it won't be on DVD because there are still a few who don't have Blu-ray yet. I have a Blu-ray player though and I will buy this, but the logical way for a DVD release would for it to be a 3-Disc special edition (the doc on 2 discs with a 3rd disc of bonus material).
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #22
JimSmith
Banned Mofo

Crystal Lake Memories

I hope they're able to get Steve Miner, for interviews that is.
JimSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #23
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
"as the DVD format is not only out of date and going extinct in the near future" my ass! I find that hurtful (DVD ain't going extinct for a while). It is a shame though that it won't be on DVD because there are still a few who don't have Blu-ray yet. I have a Blu-ray player though and I will buy this, but the logical way for a DVD release would for it to be a 3-Disc special edition (the doc on 2 discs with a 3rd disc of bonus material).
While I disagree that dvd is extinct, when you can go to Sears and buy a region free BD player for $60, just take that step up. Plus BD players make your dvds look better, a lot better. Good dvds are hard to tell from bad BD's when up-converted.
Looking forward to this massive doc on probably my favorite series of all time.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #24
dave13
HackMaster

i wonder how the FvJ section of this will compare to that on Never Sleep Again? Will they recycle all or part of the footage? I think it would be perfectly acceptable if they did. But I imagine a lot of people would get up in arms over it. I can't remember too much about the specifics of that section of NSA. Did it look at the film from the perspective of the Nightmare series moreso than the Friday series? If that's the case, then I could see them revisiting the film from the opposite angle...
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #25
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
i wonder how the FvJ section of this will compare to that on Never Sleep Again? Will they recycle all or part of the footage? I think it would be perfectly acceptable if they did. But I imagine a lot of people would get up in arms over it. I can't remember too much about the specifics of that section of NSA. Did it look at the film from the perspective of the Nightmare series moreso than the Friday series? If that's the case, then I could see them revisiting the film from the opposite angle...
Sorry if this sounds bad but, Freddy vs Jason makes Texas Chainsaw 3D look like Jaws by comparison. I wouldn't be at all disappointed if the doc didn't even touch on it. I don't include it in any of the noes or f13 franchises..... Because its poo!
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #26
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
Agreed, I am so excited for this and glad it's hitting Bluray! For those complaining it's not on DVD, if you can afford $20 for this DVD and probably others, you can afford a $50 Bluray player which will not only play Blurays, but up convert your DVDs. It's a win win really, and you can start buying your movies on Bluray, instead of inferior DVDs that you will have to replace one day anyway.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #27
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Agreed, I am so excited for this and glad it's hitting Bluray! For those complaining it's not on DVD, if you can afford $20 for this DVD and probably others, you can afford a $50 Bluray player which will not only play Blurays, but up convert your DVDs. It's a win win really, and you can start buying your movies on Bluray, instead of inferior DVDs that you will have to replace one day anyway.
Yep. He's right.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #28
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buechlers_beard View Post
Sorry if this sounds bad but, Freddy vs Jason makes Texas Chainsaw 3D look like Jaws by comparison. I wouldn't be at all disappointed if the doc didn't even touch on it. I don't include it in any of the noes or f13 franchises..... Because its poo!
doesn't sound bad at all, FvJ is an abomination. i'm just curious how they'll cover it in the documentary, since it's the one overlapping point.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #29
Mok
Helena Harper

This is my favorite Crystal Lake memory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RLW4...ayer_embedded#!
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #30
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
doesn't sound bad at all, FvJ is an abomination. i'm just curious how they'll cover it in the documentary, since it's the one overlapping point.
Well going by the Never Sleep Again doc, they showed Monica Keena with huge fish lips and basically spoke about how Jason Ritter was cast at the last minute. What's left to say. The movie differed greatly from the writers original vision, and Ronny Yu disliked both the Elm Street AND F13th franchises. I was so exited after Bride of Chucky, and couldn't have been more disappointed