Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Slashers

Old 02-04-2014, 01:40 AM   #61
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade View Post
I agree, even though I'm huge fan of practical special effects I found the filmmaker more focused on the gore (kill/min) than the story line. I also felt the same way about the 2nd ChromeSkull flick.
I have to revisit Chromeskull 2 but I remember enjoying it. I thought it was a lot more fun than the first film anyway.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #62
spawningblue
Deadite

I really enjoyed this one. A step up from the second, and overall I would say this is one of the better trilogies. The sequels were decent, and the first film was really good.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:46 PM   #63
Bobbywoodhogan
HackMaster

Finally watched this, after the disappointing second instalment I was hesitant about the third one. However after listening to Adam Green's podcast with him saying this was the final one in the series that made me a little more hopeful. So tonight I decided to give it ago and tbh I was pretty blown away, thought it got the balance of serious and humour spot on. The first film was really funny and I loved it, bern the first it was able to get away with been overly silly. However the sequel just couldn't get the balance right at all but the third film nailed it. I actually do wonder if Adam Green is better iff as a writer/producer because the third one wasn't directed by him yet was the best of the series. It actually reminded me of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter in alot of ways, the build up to Crowley's (inevitable) return was held off for a long time after his (first) resurrection (in this film) in the opening.

Minor complaints for me would be some of the gore FX looked even more fake than the previous two but the kills were still sweet and really brutal. Also I found the end when we see Danielle Harris still breathing a tad strange, although I guess I can't see what else they would have done really.

Kane Hodder, my my, you will not be replaced as Victor Crowley, you did an unbelievable job yet again, bravo.

Also I can't believe I'm going to say this but I hope Victor Crowley stays dead, the series finished on a great note and I really don't want to see it tarnished.

Massive 4 out of 5, best of the trilogy.

1. Halloween (1978), 2. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, 3. My Bloody Valentine (1981), 4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), 5. Fright Night (1985)

Favourite Horror Trilogy: Hatchet Trilogy
Bobbywoodhogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:53 AM   #64
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

A reseller on Amazon was selling the Blu brand new for $4 - yoink!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #65
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
A reseller on Amazon was selling the Blu brand new for $4 - yoink!
Best Buy was selling it for $4.99 a couple weeks ago.

Same thing happened with Hatchet II, it dropped below $5 very quickly after it was released.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #66
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Yeah, I missed the BestBuy bus - I checked all those types of places online last night and it appears Amazon's $14 is the cheapest now.