Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

Cabin Fever 3: Patient Zero

Hits blu-ray / DVD today. Seen some mediocre reviews on this, but it won't stop me from picking it up. Plan on getting it later and checking it out. Anyone else getting this?

If you are looking to pick up via a B&M store, Best Buy has the BD/DVD combo for $15.
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
hots4
Stalker

Yes it's a lot of fun, much better than the second, there are some suitably icky moments. Which members here should enjoy.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

Picked up the German Blu-ray several months ago, saving it for my October viewings.

They are releasing a Cabin Fever Blu-ray box set in Germany in October as well:

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
Steel76
Maniac

I really didnīt expect it to be THIS entertaining
Much better than that crappy part 2.
Itīs very well shot, and it feels like they had a bigger budget to work with, or they just knew how to use the money right.

I wish they had just called the movie "Patient Zero", as it feels very different to the other ones, with the virus being the only connection.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I have to say I was incredibly underwhelmed. It felt like those SyFy Channel sequels to Return Of The Living Dead and Pumpkinhead. If you enjoyed those, you'll probably enjoy this.

I wasn't a big fan of Cabin Fever 2 (although I did think the middle chunk was occasionally effective), but I did think that was much better than this film. This one was all government research labs, people in biohazard suits, etc. One of the things I loved about the original film is that it tackled a contagion film without the science stuff involved. It was a group of college students with no idea what they were up against. When you toss in a group of scientists and researchers, it becomes cold and passive. Steel76 was right that it doesn't feel like a Cabin Fever film at all.

At least 2 tried to capture that feel tonally. This is just your typical SyFy Channel movie of the week, only not on SyFy (at least not yet).
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
Mok
Family is Forever

But you can't make the same movie twice. I get what you mean, but I thought it had shades of the first film's charm and added a Resident Evil element with the scientist/espionage stuff. The first one can't be beat, but this was better than part 2 for me.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #7
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

I watched it last night and would probably rank it last of the three (Hey, I liked part 2). I really did enjoy that fight between the two girls, ripping each other apart! lol I did feel it could have been a bit more campy though.
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:15 AM   #8
Mattapooh
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxfiend View Post
I watched it last night and would probably rank it last of the three (Hey, I liked part 2). I really did enjoy that fight between the two girls, ripping each other apart! lol I did feel it could have been a bit more campy though.
That scene was craziness!

I actually enjoyed part 2 and was expecting something similar, but this got pretty nuts. Lots of Italian zombie influence in there too with the setting, doctor, etc.

Also, CRAAAZY gore gags.
Mattapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:09 AM   #9
MisterTwister
HackMaster

My least favorite of the series but the gore itself was amazing.

Big fan of 2, though. Gets a lot of crap but I loved it (except for the ending).