Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #31
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2435514/externalreviews

There have been some awesome reviews coming in for Sader Ridge over the last month. At our IMDB external reviews page above, you can read the full reviews where these quotes are taken from:

"Thus far, the horror film of the year"
-Horror Punks

"5 stars"
-Video Views

We still have a lot of festivals to hear back from, but we now know of what time we'll be playing at the Fright Night Film Fest in Louisville, KY. You can see the film at 3:20 PM in the Laffoon room on Saturday, July 27th. Until we have more screenings to announce, you can pass the time reading some interviews with the creative team behind the film:

Director Jeremy Berg gives an in-depth interview over at Search My Trash

I talk with my old film school about the making of the film
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:54 AM   #32
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

There have been a lot of cool things happening with Sader Ridge over the last week. On Friday we got 3 stars from Fangoria.com in a great review that called the film "A slow, scary, ambiguous descent into the darkest part of the human psyche and one assembled by filmmakers who remember that what you don’t see almost always trumps what you do." You can check out the full review here

Over the weekend the film had its Indiana Premiere at the Dark Carnival Film Festival. While there it won awards for Best Actor (D'Angelo Midili), Best Cinematography (Jeremy Berg), and Best Music (Trip Like Animals).

Then today the news was revealed via Dread Central that the film has been picked up for worldwide distribution by Ruthless Pictures and retitled The Invoking. You can read the article here. I'm not sure if the title of this thread can be changed, but from here on out the movie will play in festivals and eventually on DVD as The Invoking. There isn't any definitive home video news to announce yet, but the production team and Ruthless are working hard on making sure the film gets out to as many people as possible all over the world. Keep up on the latest news at the film's soon-to-be retitled Facebook page.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #33
spawningblue
Deadite

Congrats, that's great news!

Was the name change their suggestion or something you guys decided upon?

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #34
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Congrats, that's great news!

Was the name change their suggestion or something you guys decided upon?
Thanks. The name change was decided upon by both the film's production team and Ruthless Pictures. Ruthless has a long history with many home video distribution companies and more than a few of those companies said "we'd love to release it if it had a different title". These companies have tons of data that show what kinds of titles, posters, trailers, etc. get a movie to sell well when it's on the shelf and streaming. So changing the title will allow us to make deals that will put the movie out on many store shelves and stream it all over. More news on the home video specifics will be coming soon. Until then we are still playing at festivals, including the Tacoma Film Festival in Tacoma, WA in early October.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #35
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

The Invoking will be playing tonight as part of the Shockerfest International Film Festival, which has been happening since October 15th and will end on Halloween. The festival airs every night at 7 PM PDT on the Internet TV Station CVML-TV and is simulcast on www.shockerfest.net

The link below is where you will be able to watch The Invoking when it streams as part of the festival. The showings will happen at around 8:10 PM PDT tonight (October 24th) and Tuesday the 29th. For right now you can view the entire festival schedule via the link below as well as see what programming usually plays on internet TV, which mainly consists of endless photography commercials and public access talk shows.

http://www.shockerfest.net/watchschedule.html

There's also a tab at the top of the page where you can vote for the films you want to win the audience award. We don't have a firm date yet for our home video release, so this is the perfect way to see the film if you haven't gotten the chance yet.

For the posters from across the pond, we also recently learned that the film will have its UK debut as part of the Horror-on-Sea Film Festival. There are no exact showtimes yet, but the festival happens from January 17th-19th.

Last edited by fattyjoe37; 10-25-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #36
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

As many of you on the board know, I am a big fan of the writing of John Kenneth Muir. His books Horror Films of the 1970s/1980s/1990s are my favorite horror reference books. So it makes me very happy to read his Halloween thoughts on my film The Invoking. You can read the review here: http://reflectionsonfilmandtelevisio...king-2013.html
Old 10-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #37
othervoice1
HackMaster

Awesome - glad to see the positive response you are getting back on this
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #38
jstell
Victim

It wouldn't surprise me to learn the name change was to make it sound like The Conjuring.

I saw JKM's review today too as I am also a fan of his. (I just got his Horror Film FAQs book.) I'll be blind buying this as this sounds like my kind of movie. Looking forward to seeing it - would love to be able to watch it on a winter Saturday night early next year.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #39
spawningblue
Deadite

Congrats man, glad to hear nothing but positive word of mouth for your film!

My Movie Collection

Old 12-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #40
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

http://www.fangoria.com/new/writerpr...ull-dvdetails/

The article above went up on Fangoria.com earlier today. It details all of the specs for the upcoming DVD release of The Invoking. There's also a quote from me in there where I talk about how excited I am that the movie is coming out through Image Entertainment (which is true, I remember their Precinct 13 DVD being one of my first purchases on the format). Give it a read and take a look at the cover art for the film.

The Invoking will be released on DVD & VOD on 2/18/2014. It's listed on Amazon, so if you click on the Amazon ad at the top of this page and pre-order, a percentage of the purchase will go towards supporting this site. The current price is pretty high, but it has been lower and I'm sure will fluctuate more before the release date. I'm excited for the film to get out there and hear all of your thoughts.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:00 AM   #41
spawningblue
Deadite

Awesome, you need to get this added to Film Aff.

My Movie Collection

Old 01-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #42
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Unfortunately I am not on Film Aff, I use DVD Profiler for my collection list, and it won't let me add the film without signing up for an account.

Since I last posted there have been some cool happenings in the world of The Invoking. A few websites have listed the film in their Best of 2013 lists, with the website horror-punks.com putting the film at #1 on their best horror films of 2013 list and also calling lead D'Angelo Midili the best actor of 2013.

The first piece of apparel related to the film was released last week on fastcustomshirts.com. You can pick up your Invoking T-shirt here: http://www.fastcustomshirts.com/servlet/Detail?no=1619

We are also pleased to announce that we will be holding a DVD pre-release party at Scarecrow Video. The event will take place on Monday 2/17 at 7 PM in Seattle. This will be the first place that the film will be available for sale anywhere. If any Washington residents on the forum can make it, it'd be great to see them there and have a drink (Scarecrow now sells beer, soda, and coffee). More information on the event can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/780356121977774/

Last edited by fattyjoe37; 01-06-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #43
SpaceAce
Maniac

I saw where The Invoking is under $13 on amazon. Seems like a fair price for a blind buy. It has one extremely positive review on there (which has been on there awhile) and another new review that is pretty negative. Seems like there has been good vibes with this movie, I might have to order it.
SpaceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #44
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAce View Post
I saw where The Invoking is under $13 on amazon. Seems like a fair price for a blind buy. It has one extremely positive review on there (which has been on there awhile) and another new review that is pretty negative. Seems like there has been good vibes with this movie, I might have to order it.
It is a great price. I'd love to hear what the forum thinks of the film once it is released on DVD & VOD in a couple weeks. If you're interested in reading more reviews of the film before making a purchase, we have over 30 in our external reviews on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2435514/...?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Last edited by fattyjoe37; 02-04-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #45
spawningblue
Deadite

Money has been a little tight the last few months, but I'll definitely be grabbing a copy of this once I get back on track. It may be a few months, but I'll let you know what I think. And I'll talk about it on our podcast!

My Movie Collection