Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #46
Angelman
HackMaster

That looks really well done. Great job.
Angelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #47
Paff

Congrats, although I have to say neither title really grabs me. Man, what happened to great horror titles like Don't Go in the House, He Knows You're Alone, When a Stranger Calls, I Drink Your Blood, etc? Sure, the movies themselves were often shit, but at least they had a good title to get you in the theater.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:02 PM   #48
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

The Invoking has finally been released on DVD & VOD. A few of you were wondering how you could purchase the film from Scarecrow Video so you could support indie film and an indie video store at the same time. Here is the link for purchasing the disc from the store: https://www.scarecrow.com/54/1113751/invoking-the.html

And for those of you who are interested in renting the film and don't have a video store nearby, or if you just like digital copies of movies more than discs, an HD version of the film is available for purchase and/or rent from Amazon Instant, iTunes, VUDU, Google Play, Xbox, and the Playstation Store.

Thanks for your support!
fattyjoe37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:28 AM   #49
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
The Invoking has finally been released on DVD & VOD. A few of you were wondering how you could purchase the film from Scarecrow Video so you could support indie film and an indie video store at the same time. Here is the link for purchasing the disc from the store: https://www.scarecrow.com/54/1113751/invoking-the.html

Thanks for your support!
Word.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #50
Katatonia
Master of Doom

I thought it was quite good...slow burning horror. Solid acting, good cinematography and an admirable music score.

Was the budget really just $11,000?

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:29 PM   #51
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

For those thinking about ordering through Scarecrow Video: I just got mine and it came with a slipcover with signatures all over it. I assume that these are the filmmakers' signatures (they're difficult to read).

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #52
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Kat: Thanks for the kind words. It's nice to see that some people understood what we were going for. Glancing over the IMDB & Amazon ratings and reviews suggests that many people didn't. My favorite kinds of quotes suggest that since we don't tell the story in a traditional horror movie way we must not like horror films. There's also plenty of "it didn't make sense to me so it's badly written" comments. I knew a no budget character focused film wouldn't be for everyone, but I didn't think it'd receive quite so many one star ratings. And yes, we shot the entire film for just $11K and in only 7 days. We go into the trials of making a movie so quickly and cheaply on the feature length making of documentary found on the disc.

Myron: Thanks for ordering. We had a signing event at Scarecrow. So a limited number of slips come with signatures from myself (writer/producer), Jeremy Berg (writer/director) and stars Trin Miller, D'Angelo Midili, Andi Norris, and Brandon Anthony.

Last edited by fattyjoe37; 02-24-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #53
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

For those of you forum members in the UK, the film will be coming to region 2 DVD on May 12th. The artwork Image UK came up with more closely matches the plot and tone of the film than what was released here in the US. You can see the new art, UK trailer, and disc specs (which will be identical to the US disc) at this story from Dread Central: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/743...#axzz2uuarHtBs
Old 03-12-2014, 11:04 PM   #54
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Wanted to let everyone know that we are doing a giveaway over at The October People's Facebook page. All you have to do is LIKE the page and share the photo found at this link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater. Enter and you can win a copy of the DVD signed by the main cast and the director along with an Invoking T-shirt.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:07 AM   #55
Copyboy
Maniac

Hey Fatty,

Not sure how I missed this thread but just wanted to let you know I just saw this the other night and really enjoyed it. While watching the Behind the Scenes feature, every time they showed you I kept thinking, God that kid looks familiar, and then it clicked when I remembered your podcasts - particularly your hilarious encounter with Jewel Shepard - and I said, "That's Fatty Joe!!!" Sorry I'm so late, but congratulations on your film! You guys did a great job. The ending actually made me kind of sad, as if Trin was lost forever. I was blown away by how different Andi looked in the doc - totally unrecognizable when compared to her Caitlin! So much of what the actors said about the making of the movie really resonated with me and made me long to return to the days when I was pursuing an acting career in Boston and New York. Anyway, just wanted to say congrats, albeit très tard and I hope to see something else from you very soon!
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #56
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Thanks for the kind words Copyboy. Since the film came out in Redbox in July more and more people have seen it. You're right, the actors bring so much to the film. We may have made it for nothing, but the performances were our production value. Very happy that you enjoyed the doc, I was really pushing to make sure we had some interesting special features as I'm such a huge fan of behind-the-scenes material. And you won't have to wait long for the next one, our alien abduction film The Device comes out on DVD & VOD in December.