Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #76
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Diehard viewers will recognize it. Here's the dialogue that's no longer in the film. towards the end:

Perkins: "What's wrong?"
Davison: "I don't know, it's like he's completely forgotten about Susan."

The scene that was taken out comes right after Fennel offers up Dr.Oliver to the creature in engineering. She screams, then the scene cuts to Perkins and Davison in a corridor:

Davison: "Think about it, we're sweating like champs, and Fennel wasn't sweating at all."
Both men then race off to engineering.

Without that scene it kind of makes you wonder how they knew to show up in engineering fearing that Oliver might be in danger. Sure she does scream loud enough to pop a few eardrums, which now leads you to believe it was that scream that brought them racing down.

I guess it depends on how picky your are with logic flow in a movie. For me it didn't matter since you can deduce another logical reason why they might have had an inkling she was in danger. I mean, Perkins still says, "I think we oughtta do our own search of the ship." And him already being suspicious, you can think, maybe, they decided to follow the two.
Shawn Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #77
Steel76
Maniac

Well, thatīs not a dealbreaker for me, and this is Maloneīs "Directorīs Cut". Canīt wait to get my hands on the disc
Old 03-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #78
Shawn Francis
Maniac

My review is done!!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #79
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Talked to Don briefly yesterday while he was taking a break from color correcting DEMONS 2. Sounds like for the time being they're simply distro'ing the stock that Bill Malone has already printed up.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #80
Steel76
Maniac

Would be great to get some info of WHEN the Synapse release will happen. Is it within the next few months, or at the end of the year?

Canīt make up my mind if I should get the DVD now or wait for the Synapse Blu-Ray.
I hate to double-dip. But if the BD release isnīt happening until fall/winter, then I donīt think I can wait that long. Been waiting forn the movie since the announcement last summer, and it felt like a lifetime
Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #81
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Keep in mind if you buy, NOW, from DD, you'll have your DVD autographed. I, too, would like some kind of window as to when that blu-ray will be coming.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #82
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Would be great to get some info of WHEN the Synapse release will happen. Is it within the next few months, or at the end of the year?

Canīt make up my mind if I should get the DVD now or wait for the Synapse Blu-Ray.
I hate to double-dip. But if the BD release isnīt happening until fall/winter, then I donīt think I can wait that long. Been waiting forn the movie since the announcement last summer, and it felt like a lifetime
Talking about exaggeration... You hate to double dip but then you cannot wait some months for a movie that never had a decent release.

Just imagine that the movie is only gonna be release by the end of the year.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #83
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I could care less about the autograph really, I’d much rather have the Synapse BD release,... but if it’s not happening within the year, I might pick up the DVD.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #84
Steel76
Maniac

Yeah, I only care about an autograph if I get it meeting the actor/director in person.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #85
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Bill Malone posted this on his page earlier today:

"My dear friends... Its with great regret that I have to cancel my signing at Dark Delicacies on Saturday. Some of our attendees have had a sudden change in schedules... and a opportunity for a much larger release of the film has popped up. Please accept my apologies and my sincere thanks to all my supporters. I will update you shortly on what's going on. My apologies to Del and Sue at Dark Delicacies. They have done a great job."

It was then announced the signing was cancelled altogether. My theory? Synapse is gonna release a combo which he'll do a signing for.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #86
zompirejoe
Maniac

That is pretty shitty. I've already paid for the signed dvd.
zompirejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #87
Shawn Francis
Maniac

DD is not selling any more either, it's no longer on their page, but if you still want the movie sans autograph, Diabolik DVD is gonna be selling some copies.

The pre-orders STILL with Malone's signature are shipping now. If you pre-ordered it, you will STILL get it, with his signature. Just reiterating that, so no one feels cheated. I ordered, and I'll have to buy it again, too, when the blu hits.

Last edited by Shawn Francis; 03-15-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #88
MisterTwister
HackMaster

The DVDs are still being sent out, though.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #89
Shawn Francis
Maniac

Yes, the DVDs you paid for are being shipped now.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #90
Shawn Francis
Maniac

They were gonna hold them until AFTER the signing so all the other attendees could sign them, I imagine. Well, they don't have to do that now. I still think he's gonna do a signing for whatever Synapse puts out. If it's a combo, he'll have a bigger turnout. Everyone will be there for the blu-ray.