Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #136
Mok
Family is Forever

I'm not all that into Chucky but I really enjoyed this one. Maybe the most of the series aside from Bride. The overall tone had a great Tales From the Crypt feel to it. It did it's best to stay creepy while providing a lot of fan service. There were a coupe of moments where I felt like something was cut out maybe, but over all it's a keeper. Cool to see Dourif's daughter join the Chucky family

Spoiler:
I caught a couple horror nods (maybe unintentional?). The music sounded like Suspiria and there was that projector scene like Friday the 13th part 4.

Any time the fucking doll had a different look on it's face it was super creepy and effective because you knew something was about to happen!
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #137
deepred
Maniac

Comcast doesn't have it on on demand.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #138
Steel76
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
The overall tone had a great Tales From the Crypt feel to it.
I agree. The house had a bit of that gothic feel to it, that was pretty typical of many buildings in that series. Plus the camera angles also had that stylish look to it. Almost expected the Crypt Keeper to pop up at any moment

Itīs released on Blu-ray on October 16th here in Scandinavia, and I canīt wait to see it again

Last edited by Steel76; 09-26-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Steel76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #139
MisterTwister
HackMaster

The score for this was fantastic. Great work by Joseph DeLuca (always loved his work in the evil dead trilogy)
Old 09-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #140
hots4
Stalker

enjoyed it, loved the vicar scene that was my favourite, some of the kills were a little bit of a let down, but enjoyed where it went, overall happy shame all DTV films cant be of this quality (fright night 2 I'm looking at you!!!!)
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #141
Cooperkill
Stalker

I thought it was great. The twists were awesome. It's certainly a gift to fans of the entire series, not just the first entry.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #142
rhett

Loved this one, guys. Here's my review:

http://horrordigital.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=1011
Old 10-13-2013, 01:28 AM   #143
soxfan666
Maniac

Just watched this and loved it. Great story line and a refreshing idea for the series. This may well end up being my favorite Chucky movie aside from the original Child's Play. Creepiest doll yet, the eyes on this Chucky were genuinely scary.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:07 AM   #144
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Finished watching it yesterday. Not bad, very good. But seeing the post credits scene, I'm not sure how the series can continue IF there's going to be another film least Don has a good idea.

So yeah, good movie.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #145
thing
Maniac

I liked it up to the climax of the main story, all the crap after that was ridiculous, kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #146
Dbone
Screamy Bopper

Watched it last night. I ended up liking it alot. Chucky looked creepy as hell!
Dbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:12 AM   #147
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thing View Post
I liked it up to the climax of the main story, all the crap after that was ridiculous, kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.
I felt a little like that only because I feel like a sequel will be back to comedy again. Didn't bother me that much tho.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #148
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Just finished rewatching the entire series, ending with my first viewing of Curse. I enjoyed Curse, especially the main storyline. It was suspenseful, had a great lead character, and a couple of really good kills (loved the ax bit). However, everything after the ending for the Nica character (which I really liked) felt more like fan service than an organic part of the narrative. Not to say I didn't enjoy the callbacks to previous films in the series, but they just opened up many character motivation questions. The ending of the film itself also didn't seem to jive with the post-credit scene. I liked the idea of the post-credit scene a lot, but was left a little confused considering what had occurred immediately before. All in all it was an enjoyable piece of horror and makes me excited to see more Chucky DTV movies in the future. My ranking for the series, from best to worst, now stands at: 1-Bride-2-Curse-3-Seed.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #149
rhett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Finished watching it yesterday. Not bad, very good. But seeing the post credits scene, I'm not sure how the series can continue IF there's going to be another film least Don has a good idea.

So yeah, good movie.
If Mancini got us from SEED to CURSE he can pretty much do anything. I agree the two extra fan service endings are over-the-top, but they were a ton of fun. I look at them as just some great extras onto an already solid movie.

I'm not too worried how those endings affect canon, either, because:

Spoiler:
The next film could pick up where the first ending left off, where Chucky was trying the body transfer thing. He would fail, as he always does, which would lead us to the next movie. That was the formula for 1-3, so it's a safe bet there. If they decide to scrap that, then they pick up with Alex Vincent, since you never see the shotgun hit and therefore there's room for a confrontation there and then it's up to Mancini where he takes it then.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #150
thing
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyjoe37 View Post
Just finished rewatching the entire series, ending with my first viewing of Curse. I enjoyed Curse, especially the main storyline. It was suspenseful, had a great lead character, and a couple of really good kills (loved the ax bit). However, everything after the ending for the Nica character (which I really liked) felt more like fan service than an organic part of the narrative. Not to say I didn't enjoy the callbacks to previous films in the series, but they just opened up many character motivation questions. The ending of the film itself also didn't seem to jive with the post-credit scene. I liked the idea of the post-credit scene a lot, but was left a little confused considering what had occurred immediately before. All in all it was an enjoyable piece of horror and makes me excited to see more Chucky DTV movies in the future. My ranking for the series, from best to worst, now stands at: 1-Bride-2-Curse-3-Seed.
Without a current rewatch of the series i would rank them

Curse
Bride
Seed