Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 02-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #46
Paff

I dunno, I think some of the scenes actually worked well. I thought the scene where one of them was
Spoiler:
drawing on the wall in the daughter's room
really got to me.

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #47
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

I enjoyed this flick quite a bit. Better than I expected. Some great genuine scares - even when I know something was about to happen I still jumped a bit when it happened. I'll take this over the The Conjuring, but I did like that too.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:50 AM   #48
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Oh yeah, and I was able to grab a Blu-Ray off half.com Brand New/Sealed with slipcover for $5.98
Old 02-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #49
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Link?
It's in between my The Ward and V/H/S reviews.

http://horror.com/forum/showpost.php...postcount=1085

Sinister -

I watched this late at night and from the opening shot I was into it. At first I thought the tree was picking people up. That must have been the alcohol working. But it's a very spooky shot. Anyway, the character they created in this movie is the real deal. But I don't know if I want to see a sequel. Too many chances for a mess up. After the movie I was freaked out, not looking outside windows when I passed them. I'm still kind of shaky about it. I think since I was young the idea of a creature watching, basically in the open, was scary. I think there was an old 80s horror music video by the Ghostbusters guy called "Somebody's Watching You" that started my paranoia with that sort of thing. Like everyone was a creature or zombie. Even the mailman.

I like how every character in Sinister is smart, even the writer who for his story and family's financial safety wants to figure out what's going on. Even though he is endangering his family just by being where he is. The way it plays out and is setup you'll want to figure out what's going on too. Which is interesting as it's like we are with the writer watching the movies as he is. I can't recommend this one enough.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote