Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 06-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Zombie on UK Blu-ray from Arrow

Some may have heard that Zombie will come to UK Blu-ray via Arrow but if you wonder how this will outmatch the US Shriek Show 25th AE and the Blue Underground UE, well wonder no more!!!! :

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/ho...bie-uk-blu-ray

"Continuing its long line of Italian-horror discs, Britain’s Arrow Video has a new Blu-ray of ZOMBIE (under its UK title ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS) on the way, and we’ve got the scoop on the copious content and a couple of pics of the contributors.

Calum Waddell of High Rising Productions, which has contributed a number of fine bonus features to past Arrow discs, let us know, “The Blu-ray will have about three hours of new features and two commentary tracks. The first features Alan Jones and Stephen Thrower, and the other is moderated by myself and features one of the key creators of the film—I don’t want to spoil who just yet! However, we have interviewed a lot of really cool people for this edition. The pictures [seen below] show myself with star Ian McCulloch and [High Rising’s] Naomi Holwill with special effects wiz Gino De Rossi. I’m especially excited about a documentary we have planned for this edition called From Romero to Rome, which will be about 45 minutes long and is a really in-depth look at the rise and fall of the Italian zombie boom. As well as some Italian icons, we’ve got the likes of Kim Newman, HOUSE OF WHIPCORD’s David McGillvray and CRADLE OF FEAR’s Alex Chandon to contribute. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg for the new features on this very special edition!”

Waddell is also offering fans in the Glasgow, Scotland area the chance to see ZOMBIE on the big screen, with composer Fabio Frizzi in attendance. The showing takes place Sunday, August 26 at 5 p.m. at the Glasgow Film Theatre (12 Rose Street), and you can find out more about it here. And in addition to all their recent horror work, Waddell and Holwill have also been busy on a documentary about Italian poliziottesco films for a cult crime flick set to make its UK DVDebut soon. This featurette will include veteran filmmakers like Ruggero Deodato and Sergio Martino, as well as Italian journalist Paolo Zelati."

So if you thought the US releases had everything to offer....think again!
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
dave13
HackMaster

i just picked up blue underground's release, but this is tempting as well. i could end up having 3 copies of this, since i can't bring myself to part with my shriek show 25th edition (great packaging, and unique supplements).
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I think I'm going to pick this up. BU's extras didn't "wow" me in the slightest. That Stephen Thrower commentary track should be worth the price alone.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

As much hate as Arrow gets sometimes (and rightfully so), I still have enjoyed every single release they have done for the blu-ray format. There is no doubt in my mind that I will own this. I already have the BU blu-ray and the Shriek Show 25th as well.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #5
Steel76
Maniac

I wonder if they will use the DNR:ed BU transfer, or if they gotten their own master of the 2k transfer, without any "extra work" applied?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
f.ramses
Maniac

I'd love to buy this if they somehow manage to put something out that looks better than Blue Underground's release but I doubt they will pull that off given their track record. Maybe if they focused on the movie instead bundling it with 3 hours of crap that is not the movie...
Old 06-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
burieddeep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.ramses View Post
. Maybe if they focused on the movie instead bundling it with 3 hours of crap that is not the movie...
I totally agree...the transfer is what's most important to me with these releases.
Everything has been covered since this film has been released many times now on disc. I don't see anything new being offered with another release of this.
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
Midnight Buddha
Stalker

Well i'm definitely going to the glasgow screening. Thanks for the info.
Midnight Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Specs announced!!!:

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/index.ph...d=687&art_id=4

"From the sleazy video nasty vaults comes a movie so stained with controversy and moral indignation that the very mention of its name sends shudders down the spines of the weak stomached and censorious – Zombie Flesh Eaters. A gut-munching, shark wrestling, eye-gouging orgy of topless skin divers, mud-caked undead terror and Italian splatter from the dark imagination of horror genius Lucio Fulci (The Beyond, City of The Living Dead).

An abandoned boat in New York Harbour unleashes a deadly flesh crazed Zombie cargo... A Young American woman and a journalist investigate a tropical island where a deadly disease is making the dead walk... Soon, thoughts of getting to the bottom of the murderous curse will be forgotten, as Fulci’s walking corpses overwhelm the living and reports come in that the Big Apple is swarming with the living dead...

After over thirty years, Zombie Flesh Eaters still has the power to shock and offend the unwilling... Check out this classic ‘sadist video’ and revel in a wonderfully offensive movie that once helped usher in a moral panic!

STRONG UNCUT VERSION!

SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Brand new high definition restoration of the original negative
- Optional English SDH subtitles on the feature
- Audio commentary with screenwriter Elisa Briganti moderated by Calum Waddell
- Audio commentary with Fulci biographer Stephen Thrower and horror expert Alan Jones
- UK exclusive introduction to the film from Ian McCulloch
- ALIENS, CANNIBALS AND ZOMBIES: A TRILOGY OF ITALIAN TERROR: Actor Ian McCulloch remembers his three classics of Latin horror lunacy - ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS, CONTAMINATION and ZOMBI HOLOCAUST
- FROM ROMERO TO ROME: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN ZOMBIE FILM: Veteran Fulci screenwriters Dardano Sacchetti (THE BEYOND) and Antonio Tentori (CAT IN THE BRAIN), celebrated UK critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Luigi Cozzi (CONTAMINATION), Ruggero Deodato (CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST), Russ Streiner (NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD) plus many more share memories of the genesis of corpse-crunching cinema - from Romero's early templates to the gory glory days of Fulci and his many successors.
- THE MEAT MUNCHING MOVIES OF GINO ROSSI: The special effects magician behind many Italian splatter classics talks about his most famous gore-drenched greats - and shows props from many plasma-packed masterworks - including ZOMBIE FLESH-EATERS, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, CANNIBAL FEROX, BURIAL GROUND and PIRANHA II.
- ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS - FROM SCRIPT TO SCREEN: Dardano Sacchetti shows key pages from his original ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD screenplay.
- Trailer and radio spots
- Collector’s booklet featuring contributions from Calum Waddell, Stephen Thrower, Craig Lapper and Jay Slater.
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- More to be announced closer to the time!

Region 0 PAL
RRP £24.99"

The Blu-ray will also have a Limited to 500 copies Slipbox release and a Steelbook release. FYI, a DVD release will also be available.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
dave13
HackMaster

whats this "slipbox" business? is that the same cardboard/clear plastic sleeve that most of arrow's blu's have had, and that are now considered exclusive to the "limited editions"?
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

I already pre-ordered the steelbook version on amazon UK. Looking forward to this.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #12
russweiss
Maniac

I love the cover art for this blu but I'll wait to read some reviews of the actual release. Already have the BU blu as well as the Shriek Show edition DVD.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #13
Midnight Buddha
Stalker

Steelbook pre-ordered from amazon £20.99
Midnight Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #14
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Screw the reviews, there's no way I'm passing that steelbook up! I wonder if Arrow will release any more Eurohorror - maybe they can take up the slack left by BU.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #15
blu
Stalker

Can't believe the artwork is so hideous, especially the steelbook. Yuck!
blu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zombie arrow blu