Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-08-2012, 04:57 AM   #16
dave13
HackMaster

Parts 3 and 4 weren't the greatest movies in the world, but I enjoyed parts of them. I'm fine with a new one, and I'll watch it. Although I agree with the post about retiring the word Bloodlines. Although, after Hellraiser 4, I'm surprised anyone want's to touch it.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #17
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Wow, 5 Wrong Turn films already?! Obviously there's an appetite for backwoods slasher flicks or they wouldn't keep making these. Why aren't the studios opening their vaults and releasing more of their older titles on DVD? A lot of these films are tied up with major studios, some were even produced and/or financed by them. We need more slashers on pressed discs!
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
The slasher genre in general is an acquired taste, and the backwoods slashers are even a niche further. Even though a lot of people may not like them, they do have an audience.

Regarding the Wrong Turn franchise, nobody is being forced to watch them. I choose to not watch the Twilight or High School Musical movies, but they seem to be doing okay.

They're going on the fifth movie, so I would hope that audiences have decided whether or not they like them by now. Those that do will keep watching, those that don't would have probably stopped a sequel or two ago. If audiences weren't willing to spend money on them, they wouldn't have made it to the fifth movie.

I won't disagree with you that Fox is after money. After all, it is called the movie business. But clearly they're doing something right, or the franchise wouldn't have made it this far.
One of the best constructive arguments Ive read in a long time... simple and direct... and it could be used for every movie out there with some adjustments.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #19
Lane Jordan
Victim

Stoked for this, I enjoyed the last entry. It was MUCH better than 3.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #20
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I have Wrong Turn 4 on Blu-Ray, but I haven't watched it yet, and I have parts 1-3 on DVD. I'm just not sure if I will buy it or not.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #21
baggio
HackMaster

Will go on record saying I liked part 4. It wasn't that bad, imo it was better than 3.

As a whole I enjoy this franchise, so bring on part 5. Will also go on record saying that they should calm down on the CGI though. Practical FX will always get you farther with the target audience of these movies. Is it really that hard? I rather see average FX work than cheesy CGI any day. You telling me there aren't young & up coming FX artists looking to break into the business or (non KNB) current people looking to show their talent.

EX: Guys that work on Troma films. Give them a shot. You telling me they cost a lot.

Last edited by baggio; 07-11-2012 at 04:02 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #22
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggio View Post
You telling me there aren't young & up coming FX artists looking to break into the business or (non KNB) current people looking to show their talent.

EX: Guys that work on Troma films. Give them a shot. You telling me they cost a lot.
I think it is more a matter of time and convenience. For example, if filming a scene with practical effects takes four hours, and shooting without them takes one, then that is four hours of payroll vs one hour of payroll. They'd have to pay for the entire crew that is present during that time. Every additional shooting day is an extra day of payroll.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #23
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Wow, part 5?

I thought the 3rd film was pretty terrible, and thus didn't even watch the 4th film. But judging some of the comments here... I just might have to rent the 4th one soon.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #24
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

I only made it halfway through the 2nd one but I really am okay with them making a dozen of them...I don't have to watch them.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #25
fceurich39
HackMaster

30 second trailer for part 5 i'm in since i have the other 4 on dvd
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/600...e-wrong-turn-5
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #26
hots4
Stalker

WOW that looks like fun, not a fan of 2, 3 or 4, but i will definately give this a go, and what a trailer. We need more trailers like that!!!!
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #27
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Looks like fun!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #28
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

I'm blind buying the blu ray after that trailer! Love it, except how are we in the wrong fucking theater when it's DTV? I'll forgive, as it makes the trailer that much better. Thankd for the link.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #29
fceurich39
HackMaster

could actually be better than 3 and 4 which is odd cause this film was made really quick a 1 year gap from when part 4 was released which was two years after part 3 made!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:29 AM   #30
dave13
HackMaster

yeah, wow, that trailer is fantastic!
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote