Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #46
The Tall Man
Stalker

I switched it off after about 50 minutes. Might go back to it and finish it on the weekend. Acting was awful I thought and storyline was average. Maybe some decent gore in the end will salvage it.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #47
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Picked this up today. Lucky for me, Best Buy still had "upgrade and save" signs up. I asked one dude if they were good, he asked another chick and they said yes. The guy at customer service said no until I showed him the signs, then he took em down but let me do the trade in anyway! Looking forward to checking this out tonight. Only thing that sucks is they won't take Playboy videos for trade in. I have a bunch from renewing my subscription that I can't give away. I tried to give the one I had today to the first dude, the second dude and the checkout girl, plus 2 dudes in the parking lot. Nobody took it!
Thankfully I had a non-Playboy disc with me just in case!

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #48
JGrendel
HackMaster

Might have to pick this up on thursday if only to complete my set.
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #49
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

$29.99 for the Blu-Ray at HMV, I want to see this, but I think paying that kind of money for a blind buy in these times is a little crazy.
Will have to wait until it starts showing in the discount bins within 6-8 months.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:19 AM   #50
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

the blu is on amazon.ca for 19.99. I think I'll wait a little bit for the price to go down more. I liked part 4 but not $20 worth.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:53 AM   #51
Bluenoser
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
$29.99 for the Blu-Ray at HMV, I want to see this, but I think paying that kind of money for a blind buy in these times is a little crazy.
Will have to wait until it starts showing in the discount bins within 6-8 months.
It's $20 at Walmart. I was just there tonight.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:55 AM   #52
Katatonia
Master of Doom

I ordered the first 4 Wrong Turn's on Blu-ray earlier this week, since Amazon had them all for $24.99 as a deal of the week.

I decided to go ahead and order Part 5 as well...it sounds fun like the 4th film.

If you're wondering how those first four in the bundle pack are packaged, they're all the individual retail versions, and all are double-sealed without any cut-outs or other such imperfections. Part 4 comes with both the Blu-ray and the DVD, so it's basically a 5-disc bundle set. It works out to just a little over $6 a movie.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #53
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
It's $20 at Walmart. I was just there tonight.
Thank you, I'll be sure to check it out.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #54
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Picked up my blu-ray at Best Buy for $16.99
Old 10-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #55
cjg
Maniac

this is one bad movie. Filmed in Bulgaria with an Irish English cast trying to sound like their from West Virginia with a set that looks like its from a Ed Wood movie. Where the hell are the town people they cant all be at the Mountain Man Festival or what ever the fuck its called.Dont waist your money on this piece of shit.

Last edited by cjg; 10-25-2012 at 09:14 PM.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #56
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
this is one bad movie. Filed in Bulgaria with an Irish English cast trying to sound like their from West Virginia with a set that looks like its from a Ed Wood movie. Where the hell are the town people they cant all be at the Mountain Man Festival or what ever the fuck its called.Dont waist your money on this piece of shit.
I read some mixed reviews but still remained curious, I did like the original and II and IV. However, I think I'll take your word for it and pass up buying this one now.
Too bad, I was hoping for something new and half decent in time for Halloween.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #57
Ash28M
HackMaster

Surprisingly I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. The first 10 - 15 minutes were terrible and I thought I was in for easily the worst of the series. Once they got to the jailhouse though it just picked up and the ride was fun the rest of the way. I didn't like the look of the hillbillies but Doug Bradley was great in this and the kills was all very good and inventive. What's not to like? I think it's the best of the sequels.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #58
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
this is one bad movie. Filmed in Bulgaria with an Irish English cast trying to sound like their from West Virginia with a set that looks like its from a Ed Wood movie. Where the hell are the town people they cant all be at the Mountain Man Festival or what ever the fuck its called.Dont waist your money on this piece of shit.
Fucking "Bloodlines" is the sub-title of death!
I agree with everything but the first and last lines, a ton of potential was brought up in the opening minutes of this and never explored. Some actors are very bad and it's nowhere near as good as part 4. But, it's still a fun flick despite all it's flaws. It needed a more graphic last kill too, while that set-up was great, the cutaway felt cheap, like they ran out of effects $. But there's stuff in the making of that shows way more than the film did!?!

I didn't know they had backlots in Bulgaria!
I can now do my personal rankings of the series having seen them all.

My Fucking DVDS

Last edited by bigdaddyhorse; 10-26-2012 at 03:13 PM.
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #59
JGrendel
HackMaster

This wasn't great but it's not the worst that I've seen either, so I'll be picking this up at some point.
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #60
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

It's five bucks on cable PPV tonight, so that'll do for me.
$24.99 at our Best Buy, really, does anyone pay these crazy prices for these b-movies knowing they'll be in the discount bin before long.
I can see someone shelling for something like a Shout! Factory edition on the day of release, but this? and at these prices?