Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #61
Zillamon51
Maniac

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by startide View Post
SpaceAceBTW, that TV spot is a great marketing tool. Genius!! It sells The Boogens, but gives nothing away in terms of the movie. I guess some people would be upset if they saw that on TV and then saw nothing of it when they went to the cinema, but I get the idea and think it's fab.
They did that with Paranormal Activity 3 and some people bitched about it. I thought it was a really good idea, especially for a movie that relies so heavily on jump scares that could be easily spoiled.
Zillamon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #62
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
Just got around to ordering it thru deep discount and it is back ordered. Wouldn't it be a kick in the ass if it's already OOP? Not that I'm too afraid of that being the case, of course.
I'd pick it up while you can. This is a licensed release from Paramount after all. Just look at many of the Lionsgate releases that were similarly licensed from Paramount...now OOP.

I do kind of doubt it'll go out of print any time soon, but it will eventually. I'm sure Olive's licensing contracts are for a set period of time.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #63
Ptflea2
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I'd pick it up while you can. This is a licensed release from Paramount after all. Just look at many of the Lionsgate releases that were similarly licensed from Paramount...now OOP.

I do kind of doubt it'll go out of print any time soon, but it will eventually. I'm sure Olive's licensing contracts are for a set period of time.
What other titles went OOP?
Ptflea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #64
maybrick
HackMaster

It shipped today. Yippee-ki-yay.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:40 AM   #65
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptflea2 View Post
What other titles went OOP?
These are a few Lionsgate/Paramount titles that I know of that have recently gone OOP:

Drop Zone
Flight of the Intruder
Hard Rain
Jade
Jimmy Hollywood
Ladybugs
The Phantom
The Relic

I'm sure there's others that were part of the licensing deal.

My Bloody Valentine may or may not be going OOP. It's prices and stock at retailers have fluctuated recently.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #66
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
The Relic
glad i picked that up when i did, then. its not even remotely a good film, but i enjoy it anyway. brings back memories of my teenage years, and i'm also a huge fan of Preston & Child (authors of the book). A/V was pretty good on it, and there were some added features for the BD which sweetened the pot.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #67
Midnight Buddha
Stalker

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-22_18-03-40_184.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	6147  
Midnight Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #68
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

The Boogens - what a flick. Very fun, straight forward creature feature. The best thing is that there are movies you rent that are nothing like the ads. The Boogens delivers. I remember when this was first released (you'd better believe I have the full page ad from the L.A. Times!) and my school mate was trying to describe the monsters to me (she had seen this with her family the previous Friday opening). I didn't see the flick until 1983 and, although I never found it scary, it's one of the few (from the era which was mostly slasher flicks) that actually seemed like a 1950's monster movie crossed with a slasher flick and was just fun.
I bought the paperback book in 1982 and I must admit, that story is so much better. How cool would the film had been if it had the budget to do a production design of the mine shafts, ect as they are so nicely described in the book!
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #69
Cannibal Chris
Victim

Picked this one up tonight, it was a blind buy but after reading some reviews I couldn't resist!
Cannibal Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #70
ronnie21
HackMaster

i always liked boogens.. the characters are what make it.. just wish the blu rays transfer didnt have all those constant white specs in it. if it wernt for that. the transfer would have been perfect...
ronnie21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #71
SpaceAce
Stalker

Just watched The Boogens for the first time last night (I blind bought the blu ray) and I really enjoyed it. I am leery of blind buying these older lower budget horror movies because they often move too slow or just don't pack any suspense/thrills/fun to keep the movie going for me...The Dorm that Dripped Blood, Humongous, and Rituals all fall into the category of movies I was looking forward to checking out and they just seemed boring and flat to me). The Boogens was fun and had some really creepy moments, a great setting, and just seemed to click for me. I was very pleasantly surprised and definately look forward to watching this again on a snowy winter night (and also unearthing some other movies like this that I may has missed out on over the years).
SpaceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #72
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAce View Post
Just watched The Boogens for the first time last night (I blind bought the blu ray) and I really enjoyed it. I am leery of blind buying these older lower budget horror movies because they often move too slow or just don't pack any suspense/thrills/fun to keep the movie going for me...The Dorm that Dripped Blood, Humongous, and Rituals all fall into the category of movies I was looking forward to checking out and they just seemed boring and flat to me). The Boogens was fun and had some really creepy moments, a great setting, and just seemed to click for me. I was very pleasantly surprised and definately look forward to watching this again on a snowy winter night (and also unearthing some other movies like this that I may has missed out on over the years).
I love The Boogens too.
Check out Corman's Humanoids From The Deep if you haven't already done so.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #73
SpaceAce
Stalker

Good call on Humanoids from the Deep, I blind bought that one and I really enjoyed that one. I was thinking about checking out the Nest and possibly Deadly Blessing. I have not seen either one of those and they both seemed like they might fit the bill for me (especially the nest). any other suggestions?
SpaceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #74
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
any other suggestions?
Sounds like you're into creature features. Ticks is hitting blu-ray from Olive Films next week.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #75
SaviniFan
I Have A Fetish

Quote:
Good call on Humanoids from the Deep, I blind bought that one and I really enjoyed that one. I was thinking about checking out the Nest and possibly Deadly Blessing. I have not seen either one of those and they both seemed like they might fit the bill for me (especially the nest). any other suggestions?
Ticks as CPT HOOK said, and I got to see The Nest in theaters some years ago. I really liked it and I'll be getting the blu for sure.

PS3 Gamer Tag: SaviniFan Steam Gamer Tag: ToastyBuffoon

My DVD Profiler
SaviniFan is offline   Reply With Quote