Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
Captain Chaos
Victim

35mm KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE Screening in NH - 8/11/12

Hey gang,

I wanted to get the word out to anyone in the New England area that we at SATURDAY FRIGHT SPECIAL will be back at the historic Colonial Theatre in Keene, NH on Saturday, August 11th with another retro 35mm screening of a classic monster movie, complete with vintage horror trailers, prize giveaways, a live stage appearance by SFS host Scarewolf, and more!

In the past we've run THE ABOMINABLE DR PHIBES, BRIDES OF DRACULA, KING KONG VS GODZILLA, SON OF GODZILLA, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, and FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN. This time out we spin the big top of terror with the 1988 horror/comedy cult classic KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE!

Showtime is 7pm. Get there early to ensure plenty of time to peruse the prize table and mingle with fellow fright film fans!

Comic legend S.R. Bissette (SWAMP THING, TYRANT, TABOO) will once again be donating an original sketch (this time of a Kreepy Klown) for one of our prize giveaways, which is always a treat to behold.

The $10 price of admission gets everyone a chance to win that sketch, along with additional monster-themed artworks from students and graduates of the Center For Cartoon Studies in VT, DVDs (including Alternative Cinema's fabulous retro-80s big box release of THE BASEMENT), T-shirts, posters and more.

Here's the flyer for the event:

and here the video promo I cut:

http://youtu.be/oX-uuKoamB8

More details as they develop...
Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

As someone who's lived in New Hampshire his whole life (and that doesn't mean I've never been to Gatorland), I wish those kids who scoffed at the movie when I brought it to watch in my high school French class for Halloween could see this now.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Captain Chaos
Victim

Yeah, KILLER KLOWNS being shown at a highfalutin regional arts showplace, no less!

Pretty cool that you got to see this in class, even if some of your classmates missed some of the finer subtleties of the flick.

My high school Halloween screening was in Spanish class my sophomore year, where the gray-haired teacher told us were were going to watch "a movie the seniors picked out". She pushed PLAY, sat at her desk (which was further back in the classroom than the TV cart, so I'm not sure if she ever saw what she was happening on-screen), and FACES OF DEATH played out in full for me and my stunned classmates.

Eek.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

What class were you? (I was '02. So, that was of course when people started complaining about the PG-13 wave, even though naturally they took it easy on The Sixth Sense and Stir of Echoes.)
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
Captain Chaos
Victim

1992. FACES OF DEATH was still something only a few people knew about at that point, at least in my class. I'd heard it spoken about in hushed tones and never wanted to see it, but there it was, presented in class...
Old 07-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Dave
Pimp

How's the print? Beat to hell?
Old 07-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #7
Captain Chaos
Victim

Should look pretty slick. Everything we've gotten (or I've seen others run) from MGM has looked great.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:50 AM   #8
Captain Chaos
Victim

Here's S.R. Bissette's official announcement of the tie-in comic signing event that will take place at Comic Boom in Keene on the afternoon of the Spooktacular:

http://srbissette.com/?p=15326
Old 08-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #9
Captain Chaos
Victim

Feast upon SFS artist pal Sean Hartter's poster for our event, which will be available as a limited-edition mini-poster at the show, as well as a super-limited t-shirt!

Old 08-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #10
Dave
Pimp

CC: Do you work there? What's up with the web site? There doesn't seem to be an easy way to buy tickets. The buy tickets link really doesn't lead you to the right spot. I went to buy membership just to try and get to the store and sure enough I found the tickets there. Still not sure if I'm going but not crazy about $9.00 in fees should I decide to take the plunge.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #11
Captain Chaos
Victim

I don't work there, just produce these shows. I'd say if you want to buy advance tix, it's easier to call (603-352-2033....feel free to tell them about your website issues), but honestly, it's a 900 seat theater, so getting tickets the day of the show shouldn't be a problem.

Putting together the pre-feature trailer reel now...
Old 08-09-2012, 02:43 AM   #12
Captain Chaos
Victim

S.R. Bissette just posted details for this Saturday's Kreator Kon, happening at Comic Boom! in Keene, NH (just off Central Sqaure, about a block from the Colonial Theatre) from 1-4:30pm, in advance of the Spooktacular.

Marvel in amazement at the samples of the jaw-dropping original artwork participants in the Kon have done for our Spooktacular giveaways, as well as an original Killer Klown sketch that will be given away to one lucky Comic Boom patron!

This is really an event you don't want to miss, especially if you're a fan of monsters and/or comics!

http://srbissette.com/?p=15402
Old 08-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
Captain Chaos
Victim

Holy cow!

Take a look at another original KILLER KLOWNS sketch that S.R. Bissette has done in connection with Saturday's Spooktacular!

This one is for folks who can't make it to town for the two events, and will be available to the highest bidder between now and Friday night!

Also, a few sneak peeks at the original KILLER KLOWNS-inspired mini-comic that Bissette and Denis St. John have cooked up for the Comic Boom! signing. I can't wait to get my own copy of that malevolent mirth-maker!

http://srbissette.com/?p=15444
Old 08-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #14
Dave
Pimp

T-shirts for sale or raffles?
Old 08-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
Captain Chaos
Victim

We have SATURDAY FRIGHT SPECIAL shirts for sale (and one for the free prize giveaway), and are selling shirts at the show that feature the Hartter artwork above.

The prize giveaway will include THE BASEMENT DVD/VHS combo and the BEYOND THE DUNWICH HORROR/PRETTY DEAD THINGS disc from Alternative cinema, scads of original evil clown art done for the event by the aforementioned artists, a new original "Killer Klown Survival Guide" mini-comic signed by the artists, and a one-sheet KILLER KLOWNS poster reprint.

Last night a pal and I drove to Fright Kingdom in Nashua, NH (HUGE indoor haunted house where we shoot our host segments for the TV show) and picked up two life-sized Killer Klown statues to display in the theater lobby. Driving through the pouring rain in the dark, with a rented van with two clowns laying in the back with garbage bags over their heads...I really didn't want to get pulled over and have to explain myself.

Last edited by Captain Chaos; 08-11-2012 at 09:53 PM.