Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 07-08-2015, 06:27 PM   #1
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Exclamation Hellraiser Trilogy Blu-ray Set from Arrow only in the UK!!!

From Arrow's Facebook (US fans, set phasers to jealousy!):

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo/...570885743572:0

"NEW UK TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: HELLRAISER: THE SCARLET BOX LIMITED EDITION TRILOGY BLU-RAY

The first three instalments of Clive Barker’s terrifying horror franchise in stunning new 2K restorations

Pre-order here: http://bit.ly/1fnDrSc
Release Date: 26th October 2015
Region: B

IT WILL TEAR YOUR SOUL APART

Stephen King was once quoted as saying: “I have seen the future of horror... his name is Clive Barker.” That future became reality when, in 1987, Barker unleashed his directorial debut Hellraiser – launching a hit franchise and creating an instant horror icon in the formidable figure of Pinhead.

Barker’s original Hellraiser, based on his novella The Hellbound Heart, follows Kirsty Cotton (Ashley Laurence) as she comes head-to-head with the Cenobites – demonic beings from another realm who are intent on reclaiming the soul of her deviant Uncle Frank.

Picking up immediately after the events of the original Hellraiser, Hellbound: Hellraiser II finds Kirsty detained at a psychiatric institute and under the care of Phillip Channard, a doctor who abuses his position to realise his own dark aims. In Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth, a reporter investigating a mysterious death at a nightclub finds herself in the way of Pinhead and the Cenobites, who plan to bring their horrifying world into our own.

Coming at a time when the genre was degenerating into self-parody, Hellraiser offered a fiercely unique vision that approached its horrors with a far greater degree of seriousness than many of its contemporaries.. Along with its sequels, the Barker-produced Hellbound and Hell on Earth, Arrow Video is proud to present some of the most terrifyingly original films in the history of horror in brand new 2K transfers.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
-Brand new 2K restorations of Hellraiser, Hellbound: Hellraiser II, and Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
-Hellraiser: Evolutions – a brand new documentary looking at the evolution of the hit horror franchise and its enduring legacy, featuring interviews with numerous cast and crew from the series’ later instalments including Scott Derrickson (director, Hellraiser: Inferno), Rick Bota (director, Hellseeker, Deader and Hellworld), alongside genre figures Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton (writers Saw IV, Feast) and Stuart Gordon (director, Re-Animator, From Beyond)
-Audio commentaries for all 3 films
-Hours on archive material including cast/crew interviews, EPK material, storyboards, trailers, TV spots and more
-Clive Barker early short films Salome and The Forbidden
-Exclusive 200 page hardback book with new writing on Hellraiser and the Barker universe from Barker archivists Phil and Sarah Stokes. Contains chapters looking at Barker’s early work, the genesis and production of the first 3 films in the Hellraiser series, as well as a consideration of the development of the character of Pinhead and a look at Pinhead’s latest literary incarnation The Scarlet Gospels, all illustrated with a wealth of production stills and unseen material from the Barker archive
-Exclusive Limited Edition packaging with expansive new artwork from Gilles Vranckx
-Much more to be announced!"
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #2
gobad2003
Stalker

If this isn't a reason to go region free I don't know what is!
Old 07-08-2015, 07:22 PM   #3
Steel76
HackMaster

Great news

And already there are people complaining that the shitty direct to video sequels aren't included. Myself, I'm happy that they don't force those turds upon us.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #4
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Very excited for this release. The mention of audio commentaries on all the films makes me hopeful that we will see all of the Anchor Bay US and UK bonus features carried over as Hellraiser III only ever had a commentary track on region 2 DVD.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #5
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Thank God for region free players. I cannot understand why some collector's refuse to go with them.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:31 PM   #6
burieddeep
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Thank God for region free players. I cannot understand why some collector's refuse to go with them.
So true.
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #7
Dobby
quantum physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post

How can someone who refuses to go region free call themselves a collector?
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #8
russweiss
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
How can someone who refuses to go region free call themselves a collector?
You can't collect everything. I'm region free but can see why some people wouldn't be unless you're rich and can buy whatever you want.
russweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #9
vidjunkie
Stalker

But, is part 3 uncut? this is what I wants to know.
vidjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:25 PM   #10
Dobby
quantum physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by russweiss View Post
You can't collect everything. I'm region free but can see why some people wouldn't be unless you're rich and can buy whatever you want.
So your saying you are a potential sugardaddy? I'm region free but I mostly buy the deluxe editions.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:48 PM   #11
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Got my pre-order in. Cannot wait for this.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:51 PM   #12
vidjunkie
Stalker

lol so does anyone know if part 3 is uncut or not or did Arrow not say? I may want to pre order this myself but would really like to see Hellraiser III uncut, as I am sure the rest of you would to.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:54 PM   #13
MorallySound
The Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjunkie View Post
lol so does anyone know if part 3 is uncut or not or did Arrow not say? I may want to pre order this myself but would really like to see Hellraiser III uncut, as I am sure the rest of you would to.
Part III has not been mentioned/confirmed yet by Arrow to be uncut or not... but my guess, given their track record though, is it will be uncut. I imagine they will confirm when they announce more details about the set, as they've been getting asked that question a lot on the comments on the post on Facebook.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado

Last edited by MorallySound; 07-08-2015 at 10:57 PM.
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:55 PM   #14
vidjunkie
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Part III not been mentioned/confirmed yet by Arrow to be uncut or not... but my guess, given their track record though, is it will be uncut. I imagine they will confirm when they announce more details about the set, as they've been getting asked that question a lot on the comments on the post on Facebook.
Great thanks, I was assuming it is cut because if it was not they should be bragging about it lol, especially since to my knowledge there is no BD release of this title uncut.

Thanks again
Old 07-08-2015, 10:57 PM   #15
MorallySound
The Fiend

And since it has been released on home video uncut in the UK before, it shouldn't be an issue.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hellraiser arrow