Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 03-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #31
startide
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
• The Unseen
So I can give up trawling ebay for it then??? There is one currently up for BIN on ebay @ $369 (plus an offensive $17 for international postage). At that price you can keep it.
startide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #32
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by startide View Post
So I can give up trawling ebay for it then??? There is one currently up for BIN on ebay @ $369 (plus an offensive $17 for international postage). At that price you can keep it.
$17!! Where is it shipping from? Suppose at that price it would be insured postage but who in their right mind would pay that for it in the first place?
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #33
chancetx
Stalker

No complaints, but "The Unseen" was Code Red. Why is Scorpion releasing the blu? BTW, you can get the DVD for about $45 at amazon.com marketplace. Saw another one on ebay for that price. I'd just wait for the blu but it's still cheaper than some other OOP Code Red titles.
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #34
Steel76
Maniac

Cool, Looking forward to "The Unseen" on Blu-Ray
Hope Scorpion releases more stuff from the OOP Code Red library on Blu-Ray.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #35
Undeadcow
Stalker

Scorpion Releasing is an offshoot from Code Red; brothers that previously shared the Code Red banner separated with one staying Code Red and the other becoming Scorpion Releasing. The brothers also previously worked with Media Blasters / Shriek Show before going it alone. This explains a lot of overlap between titles across these three banners and Code Red's increased instability in recent years.
Undeadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #36
Matt89
HackMaster

A blu of Madman would be much welcomed.

~Matt
Old 03-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #37
The Tall Man
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by startide View Post
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/The-Unsee...item3ccfad06a2

I just bought a copy of The Unseen a few minutes ago on eBay, got it for 46 Aussie bucks. A bit rich, but I like the flick and it's hard to come by. If you searched for The Unseen it didn't come up for some reason, but if you searched the words Code Red DVD then it did. eBay search engine is weird sometimes.

Last edited by The Tall Man; 03-16-2013 at 05:17 PM.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #38
Marshall Crist
Stalker

I wish they would step it up.
Marshall Crist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #39
startide
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyw78 View Post
$17!! Where is it shipping from? Suppose at that price it would be insured postage but who in their right mind would pay that for it in the first place?
The US. That is "flat rate" express mail. It would be interesting to see if it actually arrived like that though and wasn't just in a $2 mailer. Why when you sell that kind of media would you opt for such an expensive option?
startide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #40
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

One Scorpion title I'd love to get on Blu is MORTUARY but I was one of only about 6 people who bought this on DVD so it is unlikely to hit the format. I also wouldn't mind if THE POWER hits the format but, again, very few folks actually buy these movies. I guess I should be glad they're coming out at all.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #41
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
One Scorpion title I'd love to get on Blu is MORTUARY but I was one of only about 6 people who bought this on DVD so it is unlikely to hit the format.
I bought it too. I had thought this was one of their bigger titles, like Humongous or House On Sorority Row. Not sure of the sales figures, but I assumed it sold okay.

I love the film, but I doubt I'd buy a blu-ray, considering I just bought the DVD recently and it looks great. If I hadn't bought the DVD, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Kind of like Shout's The Stepfather, where I bought the DVD and 6 months later they release a blu-ray. I never upgraded that either.

Scorpion does a great job with their DVDs. The Final Exam, Sorority Row, Mortuary DVDs all look fantastic. I'd rather see them pursue titles for blu-ray that they haven't already released. I just don't have the funds to keep upgrading the same films over and over, especially when the releases are so close together.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #42
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
One Scorpion title I'd love to get on Blu is MORTUARY but I was one of only about 6 people who bought this on DVD so it is unlikely to hit the format.
I'd love to see Mortuary hit HD also. Maybe they could do some double feature Blu-rays to widen the audience with such titles.

I am kind of surprised they didn't announce House on Sorority Row for Blu-ray though. I'm sure that one would sell fairly well by itself...

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #43
ronnie21
HackMaster

humongous i dont see, since the dvd was laced from a VHS master and interlaced and wasnt taken directly from a master or film element.. so they dont have any source they can use... specially the uncut version..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #44
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
humongous i dont see, since the dvd was laced from a VHS master and interlaced and wasnt taken directly from a master or film element.. so they dont have any source they can use... specially the uncut version..
You don´t know what you´re missing... miles ahead of any VHS version out there.

It´s a classic!
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #45
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

I wouldn't mind a Scorpion version of THE EVIL THAT MEN DO on Blu-ray. I just noticed that it's a title controlled by ITC/ITV Global, a company Scorpion has licensed from previously. The Hen's Tooth DVD doesn't do the film justice IMO.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote