Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 12-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

Christmas horror viewing

So what horror Christmas movies are you watching this season? I decided to check out the entire "Silent Night, Deadly Night" series. Before hand, I only seen 4 of the 6. After giving them all a spin, the original is still my favorite. Campy and sleazy, though I must say, part 2 is actually quite a fun one. While the first part of the movie is a rehash, that second part is nothing but kill scene after kill scene, with nudity/sex thrown in a bit. lol Sort of takes campiness and sleaziness to another level. Part 3 is the worst IMO. The only redeeming quality is seeing Bill Moseley in that Frankenstein monster-esque makeup. It's so ridiculous. Too bad the movie sucks ass. Part 4 was interesting and definitely different. It featured a witch story line with lots of bugs thrown into the mix. Did not have too much of a Christmas vibe to it though. Part 5 is basically a horror version of Pinocchio but entertaining enough. The "remake" (which really is a remake in name only), I enjoyed. Quite gory and goes back to a Killer Santa route. Killer is not identified until the end, which kind of felt like it was thrown in at the last minute unlike the original in which we knew Billy (and Ricky in the sequel) was the killer.

Overall all, an "ok" series. I doubt I'll ever watch part 3 again though!

Christmas Evil blu-ray should be arriving any day now and it's been years since checking out that movie, so I am looking forward to it.

Last edited by rxfiend; 12-18-2014 at 02:26 PM.
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Black Christmas (Original)
P2
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

I plan on having inaugural spins of my Silent Night Deadly Night and To All a Goodnight Blus, plus the Film Chest Silent Night Bloody Night. Can't wait
Old 12-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
crikan
HackMaster

I watched TO ALL A GOODNIGHT last week after my families annual CHRISTMAS VACATION viewing. It was disappointing.

I pulled SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT 5 off the shelf and put it on the top of my watch pile last night. I might wait until next week to give it a spin.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #5
burieddeep
Stalker

Black Christmas '74 and Halloween: The Complete Collection Deluxe
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
buck135
The Duke of New York

The Joan Collins skit in Tales From The Crypt is essential Christmas viewing every year.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #7
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

Oh yes, time for my yearly viewing of Black Christmas! Also, I think it's finally time to watch Silent Night, Deadly Night 2.
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:05 PM   #8
Angelman
HackMaster

Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker
Angelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #9
Steel76
Maniac

Silent Night, Deadly Night 1 and Black Christmas, both the 1974 and 2006 versions.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #10
burieddeep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
The Joan Collins skit in Tales From The Crypt is essential Christmas viewing every year.
You're right...watched it last week
burieddeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #11
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

This has been an amazing year for Christmas horror on blu-ray. To All A Goodnight, Christmas Evil, Silent Night Deadly Night, Tales From The Crypt / Vault Of Horror, etc.

Some of these were released in October and November, but I saved them for this month. So far I've watched all except my favorite of the bunch: Christmas Evil, which I'm saving for the week of Christmas.

Too bad Code Red didn't release Deadly Dreams like they had teased, otherwise we'd have another one. I guess we'll be saving that one for 2015. Hopefully someone will rescue Elves in time for next season.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #12
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

Last week I watched the 2006 Black Christmas. I plan to watch 1974's Black Christmas, and Silent Night, Deadly Night next week.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #13
Paul_s
Stalker

Silent Night, Deadly Night
Christmas Evil
Paul_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:34 PM   #14
chancetx
Stalker

Chiller has been airing "Silent Night Deadly Night" parts 3 & 4 recently. I'm watching Part 3 right now and boy is it bad. The lead actress is terrible and the late-80s straight-to-video vibe is completely different than the sleazy grindhouse quality of the first two.

This one has a weird David Lynch connection - Richard Beymer and Eric DaRe would both take part in "Twin Peaks" the following year and Laura Harring would go on to star in "Mulholland Dr." Too bad that's the only David Lynch influence on this mess.
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #15
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancetx View Post
Chiller has been airing "Silent Night Deadly Night" parts 3 & 4 recently. I'm watching Part 3 right now and boy is it bad. The lead actress is terrible and the late-80s straight-to-video vibe is completely different than the sleazy grindhouse quality of the first two.

This one has a weird David Lynch connection - Richard Beymer and Eric DaRe would both take part in "Twin Peaks" the following year and Laura Harring would go on to star in "Mulholland Dr." Too bad that's the only David Lynch influence on this mess.
If nothing else, you learned how to get a belt off.

Any chance the Chiller TV airings are widescreen / HD? Or the same old VHS looking transfer?