Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
WesReviews
HackMaster

Klaus Kinski's Daughter Claims He Sexually Abused Her

Klaus Kinski's Daughter Claims He Sexually Abused Her

Quote:
COLOGNE, Germany - Pola Kinski, the oldest daughter of legendary German actor Klaus Kinski, claims her father sexually abused her starting from the age of five.

In an exclusive interview with German magazine Stern, to be published on Thursday, Kinski said her father violently abused her, raping her multiple time, over a period of 14 years.

Kinski, best known for his work with director Werner Herzog on films such as Fitzcarraldo and Aguirre: The Wrath of God, died in 1991.

In a new autobiography published in Germany entitled Kindermund - which can be roughly translated as Out of the Mouths of Babes - Pola Kinski, now 60, details the abuse she said she suffered at his hands. She is the actor's eldest daughter by his first wife, singer Gislinde Kuhlbeck. The two divorced in 1955.

Pola Kinski initially lived with her mother, but moved out when her mother met another man. Speaking to Stern, Kinski said her father took advantage of her situation, taking her with him on work across Europe.

She said he was violently abusive towards her, throwing her against the wall and raping her and then compensating by showering her with expensive gifts. He saw her as "his little sex object, bedded on a silk cushion," Pola Kinski said. "I didn't want to, but he didn't care. He just took whatever he wanted."

Pola Kinski - like her half-siblings Nastassja and Nikolai Kinski - is also known for her acting work, having appeared in several German TV movies, as well as on stage. A mother of three, she is now retired.

The late Klaus Kinski is already a divisive and controversial figure in Germany. His violent outbursts on set - famously captured on film in Herzog's documentary My Favorite Enemy - are the stuff of legend. Pola Kinski said she is coming out with her accusations now, because she is sick of the idolization of her father in some German media.

"I can't hear it anymore: 'Your father! Great! A genius! I always liked him," she said. "The idolization has only gotten worse since his death."

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Read about this the other day. Kinski was a monster on and off the screen... Horrible news.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
othervoice1
HackMaster

Yea how awful it must be if he did that to her and then have her hear how great he is all the time. Its just too bad she couldn't have made him pay for his horrible actions while he was still alive.
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:38 AM   #4
Katatonia
Master of Doom

From what I've heard about Klaus before, I really don't have many doubts about her story. He may have been a great actor, but he sounded like a monster in real life.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #5
X-human
I ate my keys

I thought he admitted as much in his autobiography, which at the time people didn't take too seriously. I can't seem to find that now as everything I search just brings up Pola's latest statements.

He was a rotten human being and I don't think there's much debate about that.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:31 AM   #6
Ash28M
HackMaster

I'm not too surpised from all acounts the guy had some major issues.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #7
indiephantom
Horny Spirit

I find him creepy for sure, and it never seems like acting. Not sure if that is something to celebrate. Didn't like him before and certainly don't like him now.

indiephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
I thought he admitted as much in his autobiography, which at the time people didn't take too seriously. I can't seem to find that now as everything I search just brings up Pola's latest statements.

He was a rotten human being and I don't think there's much debate about that.
He never mentioned anything involving Pola. He did however admit to sleeping with his sister during WWII, as well as putting sexual advances on Nastassja.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #9
Bobholly
Screamy Bopper

I remember hearing years ago Klaus claiming he raped Nastassja when she was a teen.
Bobholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #10
Anaestheus
HackMaster

No denying that this guy was deranged. I can't remember if he actually admitted to raping Nastassja in his autobiography, but I do have a recollection of a passage where he talked about being overwhelmed with lust knowing that she was sleeping on the other side of the wall. Very very disturbed guy.

As much of a talent as he could be in front of the camera, it's probably a shame that Herzog stopped the Peruvians from killing him.
Anaestheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
maybrick
HackMaster

I've never liked him as an actor and have generally avoided films knowing when he starred in them. I believe the only movie I've seen more than once with him in it is Nosferatu.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
scott71670
Maniac

This is completely unsurprising. I have nothing but respect for his kids simply for surviving their childhoods.
scott71670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #13
Jeremy
Closet SCREAM fan

Werner Herzog probably saw Kinski's public persona at it's absolute worst, although other people's accounts of working with the guy from country to country and film to film are remarkably consistent. At best he comes across as highly eccentric, at worst a psychotic monster. In light of all the other stories already circulating about him it's hard to see how this latest news will have a big effect on the man's personal reputation, if only because there was almost nothing left of it anyways. Not like say Jimmy Saville, who today was pretty much officially declared to be the greatest monster in the history of British society.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #14
JeffCostello
Stalker

So there's no one out there who actually likes (liked) his movies/his performance? I personally always really enjoyed his presence on screen - even the last piece of shite somehow got slighty more interesting if Kinski was in it.

There is a lot of fuzz and speculation going on in the German media at the moment. Nastassia Kinski has being quoted as being "profoundly shocked" by these revelations.

Well, I guess watching a Kinski movie will leave a somehow bad aftertaste from now on...
JeffCostello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #15
Jeremy
Closet SCREAM fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCostello View Post
So there's no one out there who actually likes (liked) his movies/his performance?
I wouldn't go that far. I've definitely enjoyed a lot of his performances, particularly his collaborations with Herzog. But Herzog actually gave Kinski something to do. There are a lot of movies like CREATURE and PRIMAL IMPULSE where he's just pulling a crazier John Carradine, taking a quick paycheck and only appearing in one or two scenes. Those are obviously far less interesting.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote