fceurich39
HackMaster

Terminator 2 Skynet edition coming to blu-ray may 19th

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/T2_Sky..._This_May/4307
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
Katatonia
Master of Doom

I'll be getting the cheaper $29.99 version. I already own both the Extreme and Ultimate DVD editions...and there's no reason to pay that much extra for what I already own and a novelty item. Sure, the Endo-skull bust looks cool...but I'd rather spend the money somewhere else.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #3
KamuiX
The Eighth Samurai

Well OF COURSE this would be announced the day after I buy the current version at Wal-Mart for $10

BUT, it was only $10, so I'll probably get this down the line when it's a bit cheaper. The $30 version of course, I've already spent enough fucking money on this film over the years...

Please visit my site...It's the future!

Wii Friend Code: 8897-8584-2714-5768 // XBL & PS3 GamerTag: KamuiXZero
KamuiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
spawningblue
Deadite

I'm all about these worthless sets so I'll be all over the limited skull edition. I'm sure it will be cheaper then $170 as well, as the actual price is always cheaper the the listed retail price. I'll wait until Amazon has it for their deal of the day or something.

And I only have the original ultimate edition with the metal case, but it was also the double sided version, so it would be nice to upgrade that to two discs and also to get the extreme edition for the rest of the extras. Yes, I am also an extras whore.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #5
Dave
Pimp

I'm all over the skull edition, too. Easily one of my favorite action movies.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #6
dave13
HackMaster

I might pick up the new blu on its own, but only if the A/V quality is significantly improved over the current disc, as I've heard its pretty lackluster. I've got the ultimate edition with the metal slip case as well, and the disc is starting to read poorly (i imagine thanks to the fact that its double sided and about 10 years old - I'm pretty fanatical about keeping my discs in good shape). I'd hold onto it for the metal case though, since that was pretty cool.

Gotta say, I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about this film as I once was...maybe I've just seen it too many times, but its starting to feel pretty sappy upon reviewing. The James Cameron film I'm most interested in a new release of is True Lies. Its one of my favorite Arnold movies, and I can't understand why it still hasn't received a special edition.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
captain_brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
I'm all about these worthless sets so I'll be all over the limited skull edition. I'm sure it will be cheaper then $170 as well, as the actual price is always cheaper the the listed retail price. I'll wait until Amazon has it for their deal of the day or something.

And I only have the original ultimate edition with the metal case, but it was also the double sided version, so it would be nice to upgrade that to two discs and also to get the extreme edition for the rest of the extras. Yes, I am also an extras whore.
Spwaning dude, we've must've been seperated at birth, as I'm probably gonna wait and do the EXACT same thing, as I also only have the metal case Ultimate Edition tin.

I'll definately up-grade to this one as well ...
Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
mlock
Stalker

Naturally this gets a release at the same time as T4 hits theaters, marketing is regular as clockwork! I too, like my Ult Ed 2-disc set. Luckily, I don't have to contend with the dual-sided disc version! I'm sure this new version will look/sound fantastic, but as I've seen the movie so many times, I plan to wait a while before I consider an upgrade. Maybe when this version hits the Wal-Mart 10 dollar bin?

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
KR~!
The Apocalyptic Kid

big news here, the Blu-Ray version will include 3 versions of the film:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...1-post144.html

and here is the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObhNPFTuXLY

- Johann von Goethe
KR~! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #10
WesReviews
HackMaster

Didn't think this warranted its own thread, so I figured I'd post it here...

So, the guys behind the app, Pinball Arcade have started a Kickstarter campaign to obtain funds to pay for licensing fees, so that they can bring us the Terminator 2 pinball game to a variety of phones, tablets and other devices.

This pinball game was AMAZING so I hope the campaign is successful. Would truly love to play this one again!

I urge everyone to support this if they can. Pinball Arcade has held two previously successful Kickstarter campaigns to pay for licensing fees for the Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation pinball tables. If the Terminator 2 campaign is successful, FarSight Studios has hinted that The Addams Family pinball table may be next!

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote