Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 12-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #16
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

H-O-L-Y motherfucking S-H-I-T-!

How have I never seen this flick before?!?! I bought the BD on a total blind buy, and this is easily one of the greatest purchases I have made this year. This movie has everything! Ninjas, Bikers, Biker Ninjas, Biker Ninjas that deal cocaine!, a cheesy 80’s band (Dragon Sound BBHAHAhAHAhhahhah) consisting of Taekwondo black bets, gore, and quite possibly the best 80’s soundtracks I have heard since Rocktober Blood, all in amazing HD! My brain was on the verge of melting through my nostrils.

Absolutely fantastic stuff. Oh man, I needed this movie so bad…so, so, soooo bad. Thank you movie Gods!

“Friends through eternity, loyalty, honesty. We'll stay together through thick or thin!” HAHAHAhahahahahahaha…!
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
H-O-L-Y motherfucking S-H-I-T-!

How have I never seen this flick before?!?! I bought the BD on a total blind buy, and this is easily one of the greatest purchases I have made this year. This movie has everything! Ninjas, Bikers, Biker Ninjas, Biker Ninjas that deal cocaine!, a cheesy 80’s band (Dragon Sound BBHAHAhAHAhhahhah) consisting of Taekwondo black bets, gore, and quite possibly the best 80’s soundtracks I have heard since Rocktober Blood, all in amazing HD! My brain was on the verge of melting through my nostrils.

Absolutely fantastic stuff. Oh man, I needed this movie so bad…so, so, soooo bad. Thank you movie Gods!

“Friends through eternity, loyalty, honesty. We'll stay together through thick or thin!” HAHAHAhahahahahahaha…!
I agree. This movie is pure B-movie gold that needs to be watched by everyone who considers themselves fans of cult B-movie cinema.

I have the DVD coming in for the holidays. AGAINST THE NINJA!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #18
X-human
I ate my keys

There's a trailer collection also for Blu-ray sold only on their website that looks pretty cool too: http://drafthousefilms.com/film/trailer-war

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #19
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

My MIAMI CONNECTION and TRAILER WAR blus both arrived last week, but I haven't had a chance to dig into them yet. Should probably line up a double-bill with some pals for the weekend!

I actually saw parts of TRAILER WAR projected at last Spring's ActionFest film festival in North Carolina. Some of the stuff was hysterical -- I especially remember the Swedish actioner ANIMAL PROTECTOR and some gory Mexican revenge thing starring Hugo Stiglitz. I only caught like 20 minutes between two screenings, but it was enough to sell me on the disc.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #20
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I want Trailer Wars but don't want to pay the $7 shipping.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #21
Dobby
HackMaster

How come I can't find any info on what iS on trailer wars?
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #22
Jimmy S
Stalker

This is the trailers on it.

Stunt Rock / Argoman, The Fantastic Superman / Inframan / Voyage Of The Rock Aliens / Star Crash / Dungeon Master / Animal Protector / Eunuch Of The Western Palace / The Tongfather / World War Of Kung Fu / The Man From Hong Kong / Con El Odio En El Piel / Black Samurai / Force Four / Force Five / Sister Streetfighter / Golden Needles / Mitchell / Maniac Cop 2 / Mad Adventures Of Rabbi Jacob / Partners / Amuck / Big Guns / Mr. No Legs / Adults Only Snipe / Lola’s Mistake / Nightmare Honeymoon / Don’t Answer The Phone / The Scaremaker / The Mutations / Deranged / Shoot / Dead End Drive In / Who Saw Her Die? / Amin, The Rise And Fall / H.O.T.S / The Beach Girls / Nudes On Tiger Reef / The Boob Tube / Northville Cemetery Massacre / Amazing Grace / The Lawyer / the Electric Chair / The Women In Cell Block 7 / Penitentiary / Thunder Cops
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #23
Chomp

Motherfuck! The Miami Connection 7" OST says temporarily out of stock on the Drafthouse website. I hope they didn't already sell all 800 copies! I want one and a poster, maybe even two posters. One for display and one for preservation.

I am absolutely pissed at myself that I have never seen this movie before. It pains me that all this awesomeness has eluded me all these years and have sat through crap after crap movie all the while this absolute gem of a movie went unwatched. AH!

Man the more I talk about this movie the more I just want to sit down and watch it over and over. Its my new obsession. Now excuse me while I practice karate moves in my front yard and prepare for the Madison, WI screening in February! Cannot fucking wait! I FOUND MY FATHER!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #24
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Miami Connection is a lot of fun, so utterly ridiculous that it must be seen to be believed. I grabbed the Blu-ray for $12 as a pre-order at ImportCDs on their sale. The back cover does say it has DTS HD-Master Audio, but the only thing on the disc is a standard lossy Dolby 2.0 track. I don't know why they screwed that up, but that's the only complaint with the disc.

I also bought Trailer War on Blu-ray from DiabolikDVD, and received it the other day. Fucking love the coverart! The extras on the disc are especially fun, especially the Joe Dante interview. Some people are having trouble playing the disc with certain players however. There's a definite small "bump" on the outer edge of the disc that apparently some brands of players do not like at all. I had no problems with playback...but I can't remember this manufacturing oddity being on any other Blu-ray disc I've experienced.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #25
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Quote:
Motherfuck! The Miami Connection 7" OST says temporarily out of stock on the Drafthouse website. I hope they didn't already sell all 800 copies! I want one and a poster, maybe even two posters. One for display and one for preservation.
As having been a fan of this movie for over a year, I absolutely had to place the pre-order for that pack with the autographed poster, 7" record, sleeveless T-shirt, and Blu-ray. They should be in my mailbox this week!

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #26
reddye5
Stalker

I haven't bought one of these titles yet, but had a question about the "720p digital downloads" of the films. What is the format of these downloads?
reddye5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #27
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

The Miami Connection transfer looks great, scratches and all. Looks like they scanned it at 2K without doing any digital clean-up work. But you know what, it still looks great. Makes me wonder if small labels like Code Red could release more of their catalog on Blu "as is" and still look good, even with the imperfections that come with a rough print, as long as they scan it in 2K. It'll still be a rough-looking print, but not soft like standard-def. Could this be possible?
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #28
Jimmy S
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Could this be possible?
In theory with most labels yes, but you know quite well what would happen if they do so. You would see a storm of complaint like you have never seen before just because it's them, just think of their release of Marcy or Pets and the non-sense complaining campaign to get a little idea of what would happen.
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #29
Chomp

I watched Trailer Wars the other...not bad, but not my favorite trailer compilation.

Anybody know anything about Thunder Cops?...whats the best release and were can I grab it? All I can find is a fullscreen version on Ebay. Is there anything else? I need to check that flick out pronto.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #30
Marshall Crist
Stalker

Quote:
I watched Trailer Wars the other...not bad, but not my favorite trailer compilation.
What is your favorite?
Marshall Crist is offline   Reply With Quote