Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-14-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

Most Anticipated Horror Films Of 2015

2015 is looking to be a pretty stacked year for horror and I was wondering what you guys are looking forward too over the next few months. These are a few of mine.

Crimson Peak
Director: Guillermo del Toro
Cast: Charline Hunnam, Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska, Tom Hiddleston
Release Date: 10/16/15

Synopsis
:In the aftermath of a family tragedy, an aspiring author is torn between love for her childhood friend and the temptation of a mysterious outsider. Trying to escape the ghosts of her past, she is swept away to a house that breathes, bleeds...and remembers.

High-Rise
Director: Ben Wheatley
Cast: Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy Irons, Sienna Miller, Elisabeth Moss and Reece Shearsmith.
Release Date: TBA

Synopsis: In London in 1975, on the eve of Margaret Thatcher's ascent to political power, Robert Laing (Tom Hiddleston) is a young doctor seduced by the lifestyle in a high-rise, an isolated community, cut off from the rest of society in their luxury tower block, and its creator, the architect Anthony Royal (Jeremy Irons). Taking up residence on the twenty-fifth floor, Laing discovers a world of complex loyalties, and also strikes up a relationship with Royal’s devoted aide Charlotte (Sienna Miller). After Laing befriends Richard Wilder (Luke Evans), a documentary filmmaker relegated to the second floor who is determined to provoke the class injustices inherent in the high-rise, a dangerous social situation develops and the high-rise eventually fragments into violent tribes.

Krampus
Director: Michael Dougherty
Cast: Emjay Anthony, Allison Tollman, Allison Tolman
Release Date: 12/4/15

Synopsis: A demon seeks out naughty people to punish them at Christmas time. Krampus is Dougherty’s horror-comedy vision of the Germanic Christmas folk beast.

What We Do In The Shadows

Director: Jemaine Clement, Taika Waititi
Cast: Taika Waititi, Jemaine Clement, Rhys Darby, Jonathan Brugh, Cori Gonzalez-Macuer, Stu Rutherford
Release Date: 2/13/15

Synopsis: Follow the lives of Viago (Taika Waititi), Deacon (Jonathan Brugh), and Vladislav (Jemaine Clement) - three flatmates who are just trying to get by and overcome life's obstacles-like being immortal vampires who must feast on human blood. Hundreds of years old, the vampires are finding that beyond sunlight catastrophes, hitting the main artery, and not being able to get a sense of their wardrobe without a reflection-modern society has them struggling with the mundane like paying rent, keeping up with the chore wheel, trying to get into nightclubs, and overcoming flatmate conflicts.

Director: Rob Zombie
Cast: Sheri Moon Zombie, Bari Suzuki

Synopsis: Five people are kidnapped on the days leading up to Halloween and held hostage in a place called Murder World. While trapped, they must play a violent game called 31 where the mission is to survive 12 hours against a gang of evil clowns.

It Follows
Director: David Robert Michell
Cast: Maika Monroe, Keir Gilchrist, Jake Weary.
Release Date: 3/17/15

Synopsis: For 19-year-old Jay, fall should be about school, boys and weekends out at the lake. But after a seemingly innocent sexual encounter, she finds herself plagued by strange visions and the inescapable sense that someone, or something, is following her. Faced with this burden, Jay and her teenage friends must find a way to escape the horrors that seem to be only a few steps behind.

Spring
Director: Justin Benson, Aaron Moorhead
Cast: Lou Taylor Pucci, Nadia Hilker, Vanessa Bednar
Release Date: 4/17/15

Synopsis: A young man in a personal tailspin flees the US to Italy, where he sparks up a romance with a woman harboring a dark, primordial secret.

Digging Up The Marrow
Director: Adam Green
Cast: Adam Green, Alex Pardee, Ray Wise, Tom Holland, Will Barratt
Release Date: 2/20/15

Synopsis: A documentary exploring genre based monster art takes an odd turn when the filmmakers are contacted by a man who claims he can prove that monsters are indeed real.

The Voices
Director: Marjane Satrapi
Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Anna Kendrick, Gemma Arterton
Release Date: 2/6/15

Synopsis: Likeable Jerry (Ryan Reynolds) stumbles innocently into the role of a killer, guided along the way by his evil talking cat and benevolent talking dog.

Cub
Director: Jonas Govaerts
Cast: Stef Aerts, Evelien Bosmans, Titus De Voogdt
Release Date: 10/29/15

Synopsis: Over-imaginative 12 year-old Sam heads off to the woods to summer scout camp with his pack convinced he will encounter a monster...and he does.

The Editor
Director: Adam Brooks, Matthew Kennedy
Cast: Paz de la Huerta, Udo Kier, Tristan Risk, Laurence R. Harvey
Release Date: 10/18/15

Synopsis: A one-time (and now one-handed) master film editor toiling in the cinematic sweatshops of 1970s Italy becomes the prime suspect in a series of brutal murders, in this loving tribute to/parody of the gory giallo thrillers of Mario Bava and Dario Argento.

Wyrmwood
Director: Kiah Roache-Turner
Cast: Jay Gallagher, Bianca Bradey, Leon Burchill, Luke McKenzie, Yure Covich, Catherine Terracini, Keith Agius, Meganne West, Berryn Schwerdt
Release Date: 2/13/15

Synopsis: The undead rise again in this raucous feature debut from Australia’s Roache-Turner Brothers, who deliver one of the most balls-out, gonzo and just plain fun entries into the zombie canon in years.

Let Us Prey
Director: Brian O'Malley
Cast: Liam Cunningham, Pollyanna McIntosh, Bryan Larkin, Hanna Stanbridge, Douglas Russell, Niall Greig Fulton, Jonathan Watson

Synopsis: On small town constable Rachel Haggie's first night on the job, she encounters a strange man whose presence and knowledge threatens to destroy everyone.

From The Dark
Director: Conor McMahon
Cast: Niamh Algar, Stephen Cromwell
Release Date: 9/10/15

Synopsis: Mark and Sarah are trapped, darkness is falling and the creature outside only attacks by night in this fast-paced Irish horror.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #2
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

How many of these are aimed at or starring teenagers? Some sound fairly interesting but I'm too old to enjoy teen romps anymore.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:19 PM   #3
Harry Warden
HackMaster

IMO, most of these sound horrible. I agree, most sound like they are aimed at teenagers. Maybe mainstream horror really is dead, and for those that are mainstream releases, .
Harry Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:37 PM   #4
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

None of these sound too interesting, though I have read good things about 'What We Do In The Shadows'.
'31', not excited about it but will give it a watch. Zombie is usually terrible, always mildly interesting.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:52 PM   #5
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

It Follows, The Final Girls, and Green Inferno are easily my most anticipated.

I've also very much been looking forward to Cooties and Cub.

Tales Of Halloween could be fun, and I'm hoping Muck will deliver some guilty pleasure slasher goods.

Also hoping Creep and On Air (Radio Silence) will be released this year, as I'm eager to see both again.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:34 PM   #6
7_RaggedTiger
Stalker

Thumbs down

I got my lollipop and training bra bikini totally ready for these awesome scary movies!

7_RaggedTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:58 PM   #7
Christine88
Victim

All look good

Arnie- means I'll be parking her at home for now on. What did you think it meant?
Dennis- nothing!
Arnie- nothing? Nothing! Nothing!
Dennis - no!

Leigh- how did you do that?
Arnie- we did it. Animal magnetism.
Christine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:23 AM   #8
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

I'm sure why some of you are so convinced that these are mostly "teeny bopper" horror. But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #9
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

"It Follows" had some early buzz ("scariest movie of 2015"). We shall see about the others.
I've been kind of curious about The Strangers 2 ever since they announced the sequel back in 2009, but I guess that one won't ever happen. And while I'm at it, are they still doing the Trollhunter remake?

Movie Tracker 2015
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #10
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

The one that I was anticipating until it was pushed to June 2016 was The Conjuring 2

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:36 PM   #11
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetwarrior View Post
2015 is looking to be a pretty stacked year for horror and I was wondering what you guys are looking forward too over the next few months. These are a few of mine.

Digging Up The Marrow
Director: Adam Green
Cast: Adam Green, Alex Pardee, Ray Wise, Tom Holland, Will Barratt
Release Date: 2/20/15

Synopsis: A documentary exploring genre based monster art takes an odd turn when the filmmakers are contacted by a man who claims he can prove that monsters are indeed real.

Trailer just debuted.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:44 PM   #12
steelpotatonz
Screamy Bopper

IT FOLLOWS is incredible (I saw it at the NZ Film Festival last year)
steelpotatonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:56 PM   #13
Spacetraveler
Stalker

Is Amityville Awakening still coming out this year?
Spacetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote