Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Euro Horror

Old 04-12-2003, 04:38 AM   #1
RyanPC

Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror

I am exploring my Shriek Show Burial Ground DVD at the moment and I just happened to watch the gallery with different photos, posters, etc. from the film. There is music playing in the background. One tune sounded familiar, some kind of jazz tune, and I realized where I'd heard it. When I bought my computer, it came with some games, one of them being a SimCity game. One of the themes that play during the game is the same exact jazz theme. Does anyone know what this theme is called or why it would be in SimCity and Burial Ground? Maybe SimCity stole it from them or something?
Old 04-12-2003, 04:47 AM   #2
betterdan

It's gonna be in the new Sim Burial City game I believe.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:16 AM   #3
Andrew

Yeah you know how you could trigger earthquakes, tornados, and the like? In the new one (the aforementioned Sim Burial City) you can bring the dead back to life via a chemical spill. It's supposed to be pretty cool.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:50 AM   #4
RyanPC

Are you guys serious or are you pulling my leg??
Old 04-12-2003, 06:43 AM   #5
legnadibrom

poop

in the game can we rig it so the 80 year old child gets to munch out his mother?
Old 04-12-2003, 07:01 AM   #6
RyanPC

Actually, I just watched an interview with the producer of the film, who said that Peter Bark was 25.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:00 AM   #7
betterdan

Quote:
Originally posted by RyanPC
Are you guys serious or are you pulling my leg??
Who us? We never do that...
Old 04-12-2003, 11:26 AM   #8
The Chaostar
Johnny Hallyday forever

Burial Ground looks great by the way. And it has it's morbid moments.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:26 PM   #9
RyanPC

I like Burial Ground a lot, but was slightly disappointed when I watched it. I guess my expectations were set too high after reading all of those great comments on other message boards. Not to say I didn't enjoy it, and I am certainly keeping it in my collection, but I was expecting it to be my new favorite zombie film or something close to it. In the end, it was very good, but definitely not my favorite.

I'll admit, though, that Shriek Show did a wonderful job on this disc. Two good interviews, one with producer Gabriele Crisanti and another with Mariangela Giordano. The one with Crisanti was more informative than that of Mariangela, since she couldn't remember hardly anything about the movie! But it was interesting to see her adn what she looks like today... she has aged a bit but is still quite beautiful. If you haven't picked up this disc, do so right away!!
Old 04-13-2003, 12:11 AM   #10
Trout

Re: Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror

Quote:
Originally posted by RyanPC
I am exploring my Shriek Show Burial Ground DVD at the moment and I just happened to watch the gallery with different photos, posters, etc. from the film. There is music playing in the background. One tune sounded familiar, some kind of jazz tune, and I realized where I'd heard it. When I bought my computer, it came with some games, one of them being a SimCity game. One of the themes that play during the game is the same exact jazz theme. Does anyone know what this theme is called or why it would be in SimCity and Burial Ground? Maybe SimCity stole it from them or something?
The main theme from Burial Ground sounds a lot like Dave Brubecks "Time Out". A pretty popular jazz theme that has been in quite a few TV commercials.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:15 AM   #11
RyanPC

Oh! Thanks for answering my question!
Old 04-13-2003, 12:41 AM   #12
Mortis
GARBAGE DAY!

I remember Burial Ground from when I was like 10. I just saw it for the first time in probably 10 years. I've always like this flick. I love the part where
Spoiler:
the maid gets her head cut off
. That part rules!
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 02:15 AM   #13
RyanPC

Why did you cover it up?

Last edited by RyanPC; 01-05-2005 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:23 AM   #14
Mortis
GARBAGE DAY!

People do that when they don't want to spoil the movie for the ones who haven't seen it.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:05 AM   #15
RyanPC

Yeah... but then no one knows what you are talking about.