Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 03-19-2013, 03:11 AM   #211
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
No...Twilight Time's releases are only compatible with their specifically programmed blu-ray player. It is available via their site for a reasonably priced $566.99.
And it turns into a Red-ray player as soon as you put in Christine.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #212
hots4
Stalker

HA HA HA Love it!!!!!
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #213
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I have it on DVD, and I think that is enough. Can't believe how much they are going for. This reminds me of when Fright Night Blu-Ray was released and sold out quickly, which I pre-ordered mine a month before it came out, and how much people were willing to pay for it on eBay. Outrageous prices. I wonder it some people were purchasing more than one copy to sell after it sold out.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #214
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
No...Twilight Time's releases are only compatible with their specifically programmed blu-ray player. It is available via their site for a reasonably priced $566.99.
TT made an agreement with Sony to launch a special firmware upgrade for PS3 to play their discs, making it available this past Monday for $299.99.
I had some store coupons so I purchase the special firmware upgrade on PSN for just $99.99.

Cant believe that after almost 2 years I can finally play Fright Night, and now Christine.
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #215
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

Fucka Twilight Time! I really want that "Experiment in Terror" Blu ray but I also really don't want to give them any of my money. Or at least not that much.
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #216
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

let's continue the search function discussion in this thread and let the other one die. it's the only way our pal ronnie21 will learn.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #217
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadfan123 View Post
I wonder it some people were purchasing more than one copy to sell after it sold out.
Do you also wonder if birds fly, fish swim, and dogs bark?
Sorry, but yeah, the scalpers were in full effect on this, just see how many copies are on ebay at any given time (and they are slipping lower in price for those who missed out, but soon they will climb again just like Fright Night did). Fuck man, I got 2 extra myself with the intent of trading one and selling one. First time I ever ordered more than 1 from TT, too bad I didn't have the foresight to do that with Fright Night. But I had the good fortune of not doing it on NOTLD90, and I was close as could be on that. I'm not gonna sell for at least a year though, let the madness pass and see where the market is then.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #218
MorallySound
There is no magic.

DVDBeaver review: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare6/christine.htm

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #219
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

More screen comparisons:
http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergl...D=1590#auswahl

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #220
The Tall Man
Stalker

To all those people out there who buy a limited edition of something just to sell it on eBay, go fuck yourselves. You are scum.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #221
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post
To all those people out there who buy a limited edition of something just to sell it on eBay, go fuck yourselves. You are scum.
Well, that wasn't very nice.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #222
Steel76
Maniac

Well, they kinda deserve it, as they are leaving a lot of REAL fans without discs, forcing them to pay out of their nose, on Ebay, if they want a copy.

Greedy bastard$!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #223
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

3,000 units for a film like Christine is way too limited…especially considering it’s a horror film directed by John Carpenter based on a bestselling book by Stephen King,…..but…..at least they give you a warning. I mean, we knew MONTHS in advance when the pre-order was going up and it was mentioned in this thread (there was practically a countdown on stock) and probably several others. Yeah it sold out in a couple of hours, but If you are a member of this site or any other site that tracks the release of DVD/BD, and you were dead set on getting Christine on BD, I don’t see how you weren’t able to snatch one.

I don’t even have the Internet at my house and I was able to secure a copy.

My advice for next time is don’t hesitate to pull the trigger… especially if it’s for something you know you might want further down the road.

Yeah, you wish people would have better morals, but that just ain’t gonna happen.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #224
dave13
HackMaster

A decent review (with some comments about the nature of TT's business model, including the fact that it kind of makes reviews of the product irrelevant) from The Digital Bits: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/item/christine
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #225
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Not saying that you bought these just for purpose of selling them on ebay, but I can see you sold some limited stuff yourself a few years back...

What´s the name again???

Quote:
Hey guys. I'm clearing out some stuff and have put some things on Ebay. My big ticket item is an unopened 18 inch Leatherface. I'm starting it for the same price I paid for it a few years back. Have a look at my other items, if there's any Aussies here interested in any stuff let me know.

Also I have other stuff I wish to sell, but I can't put it on ebay because they are banned here (ebay removes the listing and warns the seller). I have unopened dvd's of Nekromantik, Nekromantik 2 (2 versions US and Euro) and the 20th Anniversary big box edition also sealed of Nekromantik. Sealed Aftermath dvd also.

Also have an unopened Mothers Day DVD, but I assume this wont be worth much shortly because of the re release maybe ? Or maybe it will still retain some value seeing as it's a first release version.

Anyway heres the link to one of my items, you can see my other stuff from there. It's all new and sealed stuff. Trying to raise some funds at the moment.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Leatherfa...item2eb653689e
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote