Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
othervoice1
HackMaster

Return of the Living Dead 3 Blu Ray

Hi folks - I have noticed an uncut dvd version that is supposed to be region free and widescreen from a thai company (first noticed because someone on his forum picked it up) and when looking that over on ebay I noticed there are now two uncut versions on blu ray as well listed on ebay.

I cannot find much info on any of these releases so far - just wondered if everyone knew about these and if anyone has any info on any of them. I have posted links to the 3 releases on ebay below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RETURN-OF-TH...item3f1c235601

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLU-RAY-RETU...item416bba06f7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RETURN-OF-TH...item48471d9080

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RETURN-OF-TH...item3f1bf67d26
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

Last link appears to be the German Laser Paradise release. It is uncut, but full screen and 1080i only.

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Beastus
Stalker

All the Blu-rays you linked are official Austrian releases. One is in a regular elite case, while the limited edition is a hardcover (like a DVD-sized clamshell).

Have no idea about the quality of the release though. The same company released an uncut and remastered Dellamorte Dellarmore on Blu-ray as well. Supposed to contain English audio.

Last edited by Beastus; 09-30-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Beastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
Cantona07
Stalker

I have the Austrian release (third and forth links). The second link has the same exact Bluray as the Austrian release. The transfer is horrible. My PlayStation 3 actually recognized the Bluray as 'Mpeg 2' format when the film started. My original PAL uncut DVD has a much better picture. It looks like a bad upscale from the uncut PAL DVD I have.

Last edited by Cantona07; 09-30-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Cantona07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
othervoice1
HackMaster

Sorry wanted to make sure I understand-did you mean the blu-ray you have looks awful or the dvd you mention is awful? Thanks <:
Old 09-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

I have the blu ray in the second link (on blu ray from Germany), albeit in one of the different version sleeves (they released 3 or 4). The case is the same size as a US BD, but in a plastic/cardboard snapper style, which is pretty solid. It is the full uncut version in widescreen and English audio. The transfer is pretty nice, and probably the best that has been released (never saw any LD's though). I'd definitely recommend it if your a fan of the movie/series.
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
Cantona07
Stalker

I just changed my words above to avoid the confusion yes the Bluray upscale was horrible, the picture in some scenes contained so much pixelation. My pal DVD looked much smoother and better overall.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
othervoice1
HackMaster

Quote:
I have the blu ray in the second link (on blu ray from Germany), albeit in one of the different version sleeves (they released 3 or 4). The case is the same size as a US BD, but in a plastic/cardboard snapper style, which is pretty solid. It is the full uncut version in widescreen and English audio. The transfer is pretty nice, and probably the best that has been released (never saw any LD's though). I'd definitely recommend it if your a fan of the movie/series.
I would be tempted to pick that version up then - I take it is not region free but I do have a region free player already. I really dont like the cover on that ebay posting - I did find the covers A, B and C - Id prefer cover A but do not see on for sale - appears these were pretty limited - oh well

Last edited by othervoice1; 09-30-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
Cantona07
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by othervoice1 View Post
I would be tempted to pick that version up then - I take it is not region free but I do have a region free player already. I really dont like the cover on that ebay posting - I did find the covers A, B and C - Id prefer cover A but do not see on for sale - appears these were pretty limited - oh well
The thing is the version you want to get has the exact same disc as the one I have. I have a 46' inch Sony Bravia HD TV and the picture is terrible when I view it. I guess it depends on your eye and HD set up, screen size etc.

Last edited by Cantona07; 09-30-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Cantona07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #10
othervoice1
HackMaster

Ah okay so they are the same disc just different packaging - that is too bad - so appears really no version exists that has a pretty good transfer to it still (unless of course the Thai dvd release is better then the blurays)

Last edited by othervoice1; 10-01-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:49 AM   #11
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

So is the release in the second link good and worth getting or not? There's two conflicting opinions here.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #12
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
So is the release in the second link good and worth getting or not? There's two conflicting opinions here.
I'd say if your after an uncut widescreen blu ray, yes! The picture looked fine to me for a movie that's always looked pretty poor, and the likely hood of it getting a better uncut release soon is unlikely.

Pick it up, don't pay through the nose though, it's no Fright Night lol.
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buechlers_beard View Post
I'd say if your after an uncut widescreen blu ray, yes! The picture looked fine to me for a movie that's always looked pretty poor, and the likely hood of it getting a better uncut release soon is unlikely.

Pick it up, don't pay through the nose though, it's no Fright Night lol.
I think I'll avoid it. Had a look on Amazon Germany and the review there said it was just a shitty looking upscale. Such a shame
Old 10-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
Steel76
Maniac

I watched this release a while ago, and it IS a shitty upscale.

The movie is getting a proper Unrated release here in Scandinavia in november, and itīs in anamorphic widescreen.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
norwegianfaust
Screamy Bopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
I watched this release a while ago, and it IS a shitty upscale.

The movie is getting a proper Unrated release here in Scandinavia in november, and itīs in anamorphic widescreen.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure it's the R-RATED version that is getting the anamorphic treatment, while the unrated one will be included in open matte / fullscreen as an extra.

http://www.anotherworldent.com/index...74405d32831a77

So, no, the unrated cut will definitely NOT be anamorphic! But the release may be a decent upgrade over the unrated UK one all the same.
norwegianfaust is offline   Reply With Quote