Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Site Polls

View Poll Results: Do you watch the end credits?
I stop before, once the plot is resolved 0 0%
I stop once the credits start 9 10.00%
I watch a little in case there are bloopers/extras 25 27.78%
I wait until the cast list passes 3 3.33%
I watch until the theme song finishes 4 4.44%
I stick it out 'til the last frame 49 54.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
rhett

Do you watch the end credits?

Whenever you go to the theater, you always get a sense of the different kinds of movie watchers by the end credits. Many start leaving the second they sense the film is wrapping up (during Return of the King those people got up and sat back down a good 4 or 5 times ), others stick it out until the lights come up during the start of the credits, others wait for bloopers, extras, that sort of thing, and then there's the dedicated film buffs who wait it out until the last frame. Where do you fall?
Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

I left as soon as the credits started on Wrong Turn, not realizing I had missed a scene that appears after about 15 seconds of credits. That annoyed me so much that now I always make sure to stay till the last frame.
fattyjoe37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
Ash28M
HackMaster

I picked "I watch a little in case there are bloopers/extras" because well that's what I do.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
dave13
HackMaster

it varies from film to film. but on the whole i usually leave when the credits start to roll. the same goes for watching a film at home, i'll stop it when the credits start. but if i go see something like the avengers, obviously i'm gonna stick arround until i get some extra footage. i tend to leave when the lights go up. if they keep the lights down, its usually an indication that there's more stuff coming up.

i think its sad that some people leave when they think the plot has been resolved. why are you even there? if all you care about is finding out how it ends, why not just read the plot synopsis on wikipedia?
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

I watch most until the end: JAWS, Friday the 13th, the first 3 Halloween films, ect.

I hate watching cable when they squish the credits, speed them up and show a teaser of "Everybody Loves Raymond" as the following program.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
f.ramses
Maniac

At most I might watch them for a few seconds to see if anything extra comes up but I usually just switch it off when they start to scroll against a black screen. Really wish they only put things like bloopers after the credits...
Old 08-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
Workshed
October!

I always stay to the end. I wish I could say it was out of respect for the people who worked on the film, but it's usually more like, "I bet there's some shit after all this!"
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

I'll stay til the end unless I already know there is nothing from reviews or whatnot. At home, I'll FF to see if there's anything else there. Drives my girl crazy, she's always yelling "there's nothing there unless it's a superhero or comedy film."

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
Katatonia
Master of Doom

It depends. If I own the films, I usually watch the end credits.

If I rent the films, I almost always fast forward through them...especially if they are abnormally lengthy.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

The older the movie that's when I usually stay until the end. I pretty much ff through them on newer releases.

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #11
russweiss
Maniac

In the theater I stay till the credits are finished. At home I generally scan through the credits to see if there is anything extra. Most of the time in the theater there are only a few people left by the time the credits end.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #12
Zillamon51
Maniac

I always sit and watch to the very end. Even if I have to pee.
Zillamon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #13
Anaestheus
HackMaster

For me, it solely depends on the music. It's one of the few chances you get to hear the score isolated from the dialogue and sound effects. So, if the score was good, I'll stick through them. If the start cranking out the non-related pop/rap/metal music of some recent teen-wonder, then I am outta there.
Anaestheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:30 AM   #14
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

If I'm with friends, I'll leave when they do. But if I'm solo, I'll stay to the very end. When I was taking film classes, the teacher was adamant about the class staying through the end credits. She would say "If your name was up there, you'd want people to stay." I guess the habit stuck. I do the same thing at home too.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:55 AM   #15
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

I too leave with friends, unless we're in awe b/c of the movie (or in shock). Like when I saw The Dark Knight Rises, I was in awe, as were my friends, and we waited until the very last frame. Example when we're in shock, was after we saw the first Paranormal Activity.
But I've always enjoyed staying and reading through the credits, listening to the music over the credits, etc. I always love it when there's something special after the credits.

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote