Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #76
CPT HOOK
HackMaster
 
CPT HOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: US
Posts: 3,706
I got mine on Friday, but I haven't opened it yet. I usually don't open DVDs until I watch them. It does say DVD on the back of the case though.

Whenever I do get around to watching it, I'll post whether it's a DVD or DVD-R.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #77
Jimmy S
Stalker
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Province of Quebec
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
It does say DVD on the back of the case though.
The DVD-R version say the same too. This the back cover scan of mine who is the DVD-R
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #78
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,890
I love the rampant capitalization that's going on in that synopsis. I checked my copies of this and part II last night, and both are definitely DVD-R.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #79
CPT HOOK
HackMaster
 
CPT HOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: US
Posts: 3,706
Just opened mine up, and it's definitely a legit DVD, not a DVD-R!

The back of the case is completely identical to the scan above. Kat's also right that the cover art does look professionally printed. It does look a bit brighter and sharper than the scan, but that's probably just because it's a scan.

I'll have to pick up Gator Bait II and Running Cool now, as the DVD-R thing was kind of what held me back in the first place.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #80
Dobby
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Just opened mine up, and it's definitely a legit DVD, not a DVD-R!

The back of the case is completely identical to the scan above. Kat's also right that the cover art does look professionally printed. It does look a bit brighter and sharper than the scan, but that's probably just because it's a scan.

I'll have to pick up Gator Bait II and Running Cool now, as the DVD-R thing was kind of what held me back in the first place.
Where did you order yours from CptHook?
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #81
Dobby
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,412
BTW is Gator Bait 2: Cajun Justice also a DVDr or pressed disc?
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #82
CPT HOOK
HackMaster
 
CPT HOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: US
Posts: 3,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Where did you order yours from CptHook?
I ordered mine from Amazon while it was $3.99.

Can't comment on Gator Bait II, but based on the comments here, the initial run was a DVD-R. However, I no longer see a mention of this on Amazon for either Gator Bait II or Running Cool, so they are probably pressed DVDs now too.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #83
Jimmy S
Stalker
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Province of Quebec
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
BTW is Gator Bait 2: Cajun Justice also a DVDr or pressed disc?
Mine was a DVD-R, but since a pressed DVD was done for the first one it's always possible the same was done for the sequel.

I'm happy with what I have, but the fact they use the same cover for the DVD-R and the DVD will sure bring a lot of confussions for the buyers and the sellers...
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #84
CPT HOOK
HackMaster
 
CPT HOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: US
Posts: 3,706
My Prime membership just experienced this week, and I just placed an order with Gator Bait 2 to bring it up to $25 with free shipping. However, the other item is a pre-order that isn't released for another month.

So come early August, I'll be able to tell you whether or not Gator Bait 2 is a DVD now. That is, unless someone else here buys one first.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #85
joltaddict
HackMaster
 
joltaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Just opened mine up, and it's definitely a legit DVD, not a DVD-R!
I got mine too but how can you say its DEFINITELY a legit DVD?
Not being a smartass, Im legitimately wondering.
__________________
The kid that runs Bloody Disgusting is a fucking chimp. - HalloweeNightJW
joltaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #86
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by joltaddict View Post
I got mine too but how can you say its DEFINITELY a legit DVD?
Not being a smartass, Im legitimately wondering.
Simple, it's a silver pressed/manufactured DVD from Panama films. Who in the hell is gonna bootleg actual disc pressings and then sell them to Amazon to sell to consumers?
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #87
joltaddict
HackMaster
 
joltaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,321
I have boots that look like this. I think you underestimate bootleggers.
If its legit Im happy fuck I already paid for it.
__________________
The kid that runs Bloody Disgusting is a fucking chimp. - HalloweeNightJW
joltaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #88
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by joltaddict View Post
I have boots that look like this. I think you underestimate bootleggers.
Like which boots? It cost money to press actual DVD's. You have to do hundreds to bring it to an affordable price. Plus the coverart is pro-printed here, and the entire thing was machine factory sealed.

Want makes you think this is a bootleg? I'd be more inclined to even think the old DVD-R's were the bootlegs.
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #89
joltaddict
HackMaster
 
joltaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,321
The best boot I have is a Grindhouse theatrical boot that is obviously a boot but it dont look it, Im half retarded but looking at this I cant tell its a boot. I know its not legit but only because I watched it and know no version like this one has ever been released. But actually just looking at the disc and knowing, I wouldnt know where to start. Looks like every other disc I own. Thats why Im asking.
__________________
The kid that runs Bloody Disgusting is a fucking chimp. - HalloweeNightJW
joltaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #90
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by joltaddict View Post
The best boot I have is a Grindhouse theatrical boot that is obviously a boot but it dont look it, Im half retarded but looking at this I cant tell its a boot. I know its not legit but only because I watched it and know no version like this one has ever been released. But actually just looking at the disc and knowing, I wouldnt know where to start. Looks like every other disc I own. Thats why Im asking.
Grindhouse was a major film, so its very possible that good factory pressed bootlegs (probably Asian in origin) exist.

But with a smaller film like 'Gator Bait, I don't see why any bootlegers would bother...especially since the first pressing were just cheaper DVD-R's.
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com