Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Site Polls

View Poll Results: What's your favorite 4th film in a franchise?
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master 9 8.82%
Amityville: The Evil Escapes 0 0%
Bride of Chucky 7 6.86%
Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering 1 0.98%
Frankenstein Created Woman 3 2.94%
Ernest Scared Stupid 2 1.96%
Friday the 13th - The Final Chapter 54 52.94%
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers 12 11.76%
Hellraiser: Bloodline 1 0.98%
House of Frankenstein 0 0%
Land of the Dead 4 3.92%
Paranormal Activity 4 0 0%
Phantasm OblIVion 1 0.98%
Prom Night IV: Deliver Us from Evil 0 0%
Psycho IV: The Beginning 1 0.98%
Saw IV 2 1.96%
Scre4m 2 1.96%
The Final Destination 1 0.98%
The Mummy's Curse 1 0.98%
Zombi 4: After Death 1 0.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #31
rhett

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
Wow, Frankenstein really got shafted in this poll with both the Universal and Hammer series being struck from the ballot. And replaced by two terrible films in Dracula series which can't hold a candle to their Frankenstein counterparts.

I mean, neither of those Frankenstein movies are prize pigs themselves, but both Dracula series took a huge nose dive after the second entries. While both of the Frankenstein series had a much more gradual decline.
Fine fine fiiiiiiine, out goes Dracula Has Risen from the Grave and in is Frankenstein Created Woman. If it doesn't get your vote there'll be hell to pay!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:29 AM   #32
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD-fanatic-9 View Post
Friday the 13th Part IV has great gore, but so did Part 3. The Final Chapter has shit for characters, though. Except for Trish, name one person in that bunch of imbeciles you actually like and give a good reason for liking them.
I liked Trish, Tommy, Mrs. Jarvis, Sara, Doug, Samantha, Jimbo and Tina. I didn't care for Teddy but I wouldn't say the film has shit characters.

Sara was especially sweet and just looking for love.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:13 AM   #33
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Ernest Scared Stupid.

The Final Chapter gets runner-up.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #34
msw7
Morso a morte

Bride of Chucky for me - my favorite movie of that series, and my favorite movie on the list.

/Anal Intruder 4 doesn't hold a candle to Backdoor Bandits 11.
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:10 AM   #35
rhett

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
Ernest Scared Stupid.

The Final Chapter gets runner-up.
Fist bump. Respect.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:17 AM   #36
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
I liked Trish, Tommy, Mrs. Jarvis, Sara, Doug, Samantha, Jimbo and Tina. I didn't care for Teddy but I wouldn't say the film has shit characters.
Not really any reasons there.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #37
othervoice1
HackMaster

Quote:
Definitely Friday the 13th - The Final Chapter for me. Fun, fun, fun!
Yep gets my vote as well
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #38
rhett

Quote:
You are the internet's biggest contrarian, I can understand why there are no reasons because it's a losing battle trying to negotiate with you. At the end of the day we're talking about opinions, and ultimately they mean jack shit. Is it really worth debating whether you think a character is likable when another person thinks opposite. Does it really matter? I mean, characters don't even HAVE to be likable, there have been many a good film, like say The Rules of Attraction or The Blair Witch Project, where all the characters are douche bags and yet the movie works even more because of it.

Whether the characters are likable or not, the characters in THE FINAL CHAPTER are at least memorable. Trish, Tommy, Jimbo, Teddy, the Twins, Rob, Sara, Gordon (I'd consider it more a compliment to the film that the dog is actually remembered by name, and hell, the dude jumps through a window to save his life, that's spirit if I ever saw it), they're all characters that stand out and that you can remember. I've seen Part 2 more times than any of the films and consider it the best in the series, and even still I can't remember any of their names. Ginny, is it? And then there's Annie. I dunno. The point is, defining any movie, especially a FRIDAY THE 13TH movie, by the likability of its characters is just silly to begin with - since films are so much more than that. Why are you putting these arbitrary pillars of judgment on movies like that?

I started enjoying movies a lot more when I stopped trying to judge them for this and that - nothing's perfect and with everything you'll take out things that resonate with you. Enjoy it, learn a little about yourself or the movies, and be happy knowing there's a lifetime supply of movies out there to watch.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #39
thrashard76
Thrash or be Thrashed

Friday the 13th - The Final Chapter
Old 10-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #40
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
I don't need reasons to like people. That's stupid.

"Hey, do you have any friends in Psych class?"

"Yeah, a few. I like Phil, Barb and Jessica."

"Why?"

"Well, I just do. They're just likable to me."

"That's not really a reason. I question your validity in liking them."

How's this? Tommy and Trish's brother and sister authentic relationship makes their bond shine through the strongest of the bunch in the movie. Mrs. Jarvis now divorced and having to take care of two independent kids in the woods alone leaves room for her love of them to grow. She's notably out for their best interest and loves hugs. Hugs!

Doug is the nice guy who knows to look out for his friend Paul when Sara is about to get in the middle of a battle between Tina and Samantha. As shy as she is, he overcomes this and allows her time to warm up. Sara herself is an achievement being the friend of Sam, a sort-of idol for her to look up to. She's not as pretty so her confidence is shot, but she's good-hearted. "I think I'm in love." Naive yet innocent.

Jimbo has a similar relationship with Ted that Sara does with Sam, except that instead of the best friend being helpful and aiding their path, Ted is a phony would-be con man had he not been sliced in the back of the head by Jason. Jimbo cannot understand women the way Sara cannot understand men. We know from Sam's flow with Sara what her reaction would have been to Sara's accomplishment. A probable "See? What'd I tell ya? That's all there is to it." encouraging and solidifying their bond. What does Teddy do? "Alright! *snort snort*" But he never actually believed in Jimbo. As he sees that Jimmy has surpassed him and gained the upper hand, his face is written with defeat and he has nowhere to turn to but the old silent women on the screen in front of him. He's the dead fuck. Which is why, in contrast with Sara and Sam, he will pull Jim down to his level to make himself feel better.

When Sara is just lying down on the dock, she's staying inside her shell. She's not going into the water, or "the ocean with all the fishies" to mingle. She's fine being dry in her clothes, and afraid to put herself out there, or her body for this instance. Sam being the friend she is, pulls her into the water, not to be a bitch, but to liven her up. This is how she can get Doug. If she goes for it and isn't afraid to get soaked in the process. "You bitch!" Sara retaliates, but Sam's mindset is not to piss off, but to help.

Tina is the sluttier of the twins. From Paul to Jimbo. Well, she DID win the beer contest after all. But she doesn't treat men like a bitch would. She's fully invested, compliments Jim and isn't a stickler like Terri. She's not as fleshed out like the others, but she's just looking for some fun. Summer time is meant to be bold.

The characters alone are themselves. When mixed with others, that's where the dimensions come through.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #41
Erick H.
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
Fine fine fiiiiiiine, out goes Dracula Has Risen from the Grave and in is Frankenstein Created Woman. If it doesn't get your vote there'll be hell to pay!
Hey Rhett,I voted for DRACULA and now it's been pulled.I WOULD have voted for FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN but it wasn't an option when I cast my vote.As I've already voted,the poll won't let me vote again,even though my first choice was deleted.Can you throw a vote to FRANKENSTEIN for me since I was ''disenfranchised'' ?
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #42
rhett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick H. View Post
Hey Rhett,I voted for DRACULA and now it's been pulled.I WOULD have voted for FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN but it wasn't an option when I cast my vote.As I've already voted,the poll won't let me vote again,even though my first choice was deleted.Can you throw a vote to FRANKENSTEIN for me since I was ''disenfranchised'' ?
When I swapped Dracula for Frankenstein it was in the same space where your one vote was for Dracula, so your vote has been preserved.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #43
Gore Lunatic
Violenza Carnale

Voted for Land Of The Dead. Mainly because I've watched it more times than any film on that list.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #44
shape22
HackMaster

Halloween 4 for me. Easily my favorite sequel in the series. It's the only one other than the original that doesn't waste a lot of time on generic cardboard cutout victims in waiting. I'd put F13th 4 in second place. I think most of the Friday series is pretty dire. But I like that one quite a bit.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #45
Erick H.
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
When I swapped Dracula for Frankenstein it was in the same space where your one vote was for Dracula, so your vote has been preserved.
Cool,thanks !
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote